Penske Media Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 55 of over 55 interviews

Recruiter4%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

I suspected the recruiter did not have my resume nearby during my hour-long phone interview as I had to explain my entire work history over a choppy reception. The recruiter seemed hard of hearing and said they do not use wireless earpieces, or as they referred to them as "air...ear buds whatever!" After our call, I realized there were specific aspects to the job description that I wanted to follow up on, but before I knew it, I received a rejection email only hours after that interview. After responding to the rejection, I received separate voicemails from a few people at Penske Media who suggested contacting them for possible freelance work, but I sensed this was to assauge me going through the offputting interview process and not an actual opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • How did you hear about the role?
    Answer Question

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

Met with various great people in management and they asked series of questions about my background and my interest in the industry. It was very conversational and I also learned a lot about the company. I also had a nice call with the recruiter who was amazing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

313 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (Los Angeles, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

Very laid back but professional at the same time. I had five interviews over the span of two weeks, but all were handled very positively and very informatively. Each interviewer gave helpful hints on how to communicate with the subsequent interviewer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I had a total of 3 interviews. For the final interview I had to present to the team that I would be working with if hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

They ask you questions about prior work experience like where did you used to work and what was it like, they kind of stuff. Also they asked a few other questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Penske Media

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media in Apr 2021

Interview

Pretty long. I had 2 interviews, a writing test, and then a writing assignment. I had to follow up weekly for about 8 weeks, and after allllll of that, I didn't get a job. I found out through other interviewees they tend to do this a lot to Latinx applicants and they want what we in journalism call bad writing, which is very flowery, overuse of adjectives, and poor just POOR fluff. Biggest example of how badly they judge anyone- A week after they rejected me for a lower writer position, I was hired as an EDITOR overseeing a team. So they are either biased, or don't get what they are doing.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unusual. How long have you been writing about the industry? Niche, verticals, etc

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

The process was a bit weird they reached out to me for a interview. Once I set up the interview, they never confirmed my time. They also asked for resume then proceeded to say they would pass on the interview no reason why.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Penske Media

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews, the recruiter was so accommodating, friendly and pleasant. He really made sure to address my concerns and questions throughout. After speaking to him, I spoke to two people at the publication. Also very laid back, pleasant conversations. After the interviews I received an offer and the recruiter gave me time to consider it and made himself available to discuss and answer any questions. Overall, it was such a positive experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

Interview seemed like they had already made a decision beforehand. Vague questions. This company doesn’t really know what it’s doing. Poor leadership and direction. None of their questions pertained to my actual skill or knowledge.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

A few days after applying, an HR director contacted me requesting a phone screener, availability, etc. I responded immediately but got no response. A week later, I followed up again and an interview was scheduled. The interviewer was late but very nice otherwise, although I did find it odd that I could hear them typing so much of what I was saying, as if it was new information - it was all on my resume and cover letter. I wasn't asked many questions. They said they'd reach out later that week. A week went by and I followed up again. Another week later, I received an automated rejection email. I didn't even deserve the courtesy of the HR director replying to my email, even though they had two weeks to do it. Another interesting note - I have an online portfolio with tracking analytics. Despite asking for it, at no point did anyone from PMC look at it. Hard not to feel like I was fulfilling a diversity interview quota.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Interviews