Cover image for Penske Media

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Penske Media Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 62 of over 62 interviews

Recruiter4%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

The process was easy. Recruiter called me and had two interviews after that. Got a call back 3 weeks later that they passed on me to someone else. At least they called me back.

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

Great interview and easy going. Total 2 rounds of interview. IT department is doing great job on interview. HR response is a bit slow, but understandable. Overall experience is pretty great.

Interview Questions
  • Mac and Windows OS questions
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (Los Angeles, CA) in Sep 2022

Interview

Everyone had to submit via the website, even if you went in initially through professional contact. Head Exec Recruiter did initial interview, then, he & CO-Publishers selected 1-3 candidates for final interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Penske Media

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media in Feb 2022

Interview

I had one interview and was surprised to find out that this first interview was with a VP of the company. They told me that they had already narrowed down the pool to a handful of candidates, so I assume this is why I was speaking to a VP. The interview was a phone conversation that went on for about 45 minutes, and I left it feeling very positive after hitting it off with my interviewer. The only major hiccup between us was that I felt the salary range was too low for the role, and they said they would check with their team to see how much it could be moved. Ultimately I found out that the team chose another candidate by an automated, impersonal email two weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions
  • It was a very conversational interview where I was asked about my experience, what my current role was like, and how I would tackle certain tasks and problems.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY) in Feb 2022

Interview

It was professional and nice. First I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Another interview on zoom with the teammates. Then they asked me to send proof of my work. Nothing crazy

Interview Questions
  • All types of different questions, normal interview questions

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

I suspected the recruiter did not have my resume nearby during my hour-long phone interview as I had to explain my entire work history over a choppy reception. The recruiter seemed hard of hearing and said they do not use wireless earpieces, or as they referred to them as "air...ear buds whatever!" After our call, I realized there were specific aspects to the job description that I wanted to follow up on, but before I knew it, I received a rejection email only hours after that interview. After responding to the rejection, I received separate voicemails from a few people at Penske Media who suggested contacting them for possible freelance work, but I sensed this was to assauge me going through the offputting interview process and not an actual opportunity.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

Met with various great people in management and they asked series of questions about my background and my interest in the industry. It was very conversational and I also learned a lot about the company. I also had a nice call with the recruiter who was amazing.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (Los Angeles, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

Very laid back but professional at the same time. I had five interviews over the span of two weeks, but all were handled very positively and very informatively. Each interviewer gave helpful hints on how to communicate with the subsequent interviewer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I had a total of 3 interviews. For the final interview I had to present to the team that I would be working with if hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Penske Media

Application

I interviewed at Penske Media

Interview

They ask you questions about prior work experience like where did you used to work and what was it like, they kind of stuff. Also they asked a few other questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Interviews

Penske Media Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Penske Media as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Ad Operations Coordinator and Editor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Sales and Marketing roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Penske Media takes an average of 25 days when considering 67 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Marketing roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 52 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Penske Media according to 67 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 35.45%