Pepperdine University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pepperdine University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Interview

The initial interview lasted about 30 minutes with a group of five faculty interviewers. At the callback, I had to make a short presentation in my academic field and then have lunch with some professors.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pepperdine University (Malibu, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very well executed and in a very comfortable environment. I met with the executive that I would be assisting. It was very professional and pleasant. He told me that he was going to take a bit of time to decide, so not to be concerned if I did not hear back from him right away. This was about a month ago and I have not heard back from them at all on the outcome. Which is a bit disappointing. As they should really take the time to let someone know if they are no longer being considered for the position.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Interview

Very quick interview after submitting online resume & cover letter. Very important to have worked in marketing before and be studying business at the undergraduate level. After this short interview I was contacted within the week with an hourly wage quote and job offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pepperdine University (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at the West Los Angeles location. The interviewee was polite, friendly and made me feel comfortable, which made the process less stressful. I didn't get the job but walked away feeling that if another position became available I wouldn't hesitate to submit another application.

Interview Questions

• While holding your resume and sumitted information, "Can you give me an example of they type of work you performed as an ABC (job position) while working for company XYZ (name listed on resume)?"   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pepperdine University (Malibu, CA).

Interview

Easy, short and to the point. Great company to work for. I had an awesome interview experience. Laid back and really nice. Lots of distractions through out the interview but didnt seem to bother me.

Interview Questions

• how long have you been a lifeguard privously   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pepperdine University (Malibu, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with director of business operations on Pepperdine campus. Got nominated for the position through being a sports administration major. Interview was short and more focussed on what I wanted to do in the department.

Industry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pepperdine University (Malibu, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Received a phone screening, was told the next process would be to complete essay questions and was asked to complete them on the first call. Once that was done, I emailed my responses and was then asked to come in for the last phase which was a face to face. I met with the assistant director, the dean of one of the colleges, and the staff from that department on the same day.

Interview Questions

• One question I was asked was related to how I would incorporate ministry and the mission of the university (it being Christian/faith based) into my role.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Interview

One-on-one on site interview. Ask about personal experience first and then turn to specific questions related to position. Pepperdine value the religion and culture. Some departments require student assistant can spread the Christian culture and hold the willingness to help others. If the skill set and other requirements are the same, the attitude shapes the interview process and final result.

Interview Questions

• How do you understand the responsibility of student assistant?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Interview

It's a long process (4-7 interview touch points) and they try to really get a feel for your experience and how you'll fit within the existing team you're joining. You'll meet everyone, including the CMO before an offer is extended.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pepperdine University (Malibu, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. I applied online, and was contacted the next day to come in that week for an in-person interview. I met with 2 people (so balancing eye-contact was a new challenge for me). It took about 40 minutes. I received a call 3 days later, asking if I could come in for a second interview. I met with a team of 5 people, then the provost, then other staff members of the two offices that the manager would work in. This process took about an hour, and we talked for a while which was a good sign, I thought. She even asked to see a writing sample which I sent in later that day.

However I received an email the following week saying they had filled the position.