Perella Weinberg Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

3.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Very good process - provides candidates with the ability to meet many members of the firm and assess fit. The process is thorough and technical, yet handled very efficiently and professionally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

1 technical interview with an associate and 3 behavioral interviews with MDs. Pretty much all of these were very conversational and I have a great time getting to know the interviewers. A very talented bunch.

Interview Questions

• How does a Write down of $100 of Equipment impact the 3 statements   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

First round phone interview (30 minutes) followed by final round of 4-5 interviews in the office. Very friendly, hard-working people. The HR at Perella is amazing and super friendly. Everyone makes you feel welcome and they definitely are not out to get you. Have a good head on your shoulders and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions, fit were more about getting to know me as a person and leader than checking off a box.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a super day in the office. Met with people from analyst to partners. Great experience overall. Seems like a great group of people. Highly recommend the office to those who are interested.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First round Skype interview
    Superday with 4 interviewers: 3 fit, 1 technical

The fit interviews are most important. The firm tends to recruit nice, likable people. You should also know your technicals but if you had to chose to do well on one section vs the other, you would be better off doing well in the fit portion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Signed up for an on campus interview, it was quite simple if you access at your school. Once I got there, there were two rooms and two different people were interviewing. I thought it was pretty straightforward, they asked the basic technicals but it was a lot more behavioral than expected.

Advisory Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Pipeline from a women's program in the spring. Reception the night before and a superday the next- 3 behavioral and one technical interview. The behavioral interviews were very conversational, nothing tricky. The technical was definitely the most difficult, don't bother studying the 400 question guide because it won't help you here

Interview Questions

• Consider two companies: one capital intensive, one not. Asked a bunch of questions based off of this scenario. Ie.: Which has higher multiples? Which has higher cost of debt? Cost of equity? Who would you want to invest in? Etc.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

typical 1st round on the phone and superday in office. Pretty standard process. applied online from target school. no surprises. just study your normal technicals and behavioral questions, and you should be fine. Great location on 5th ave, central park, and the plaza hotel right on central park south.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen asking about background, interest in the firm, standard technical questions (lots on DCF). Superday interviews tested for both technical competence and behavioral fit. Firm places heavy emphasis on the partnership culture and "being a family."

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Went through on campus school recruiting - had an interview with a director and an analyst from the San Francisco office. Got a call back the next day inviting me to superday on Friday. Superday consisted of 5 interviews, each was 1-1 with everybody from the San Francisco office.