Perspective Advertising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Perspective Advertising

2.1

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

The building was a bit hard to find but I called the office number, I assume it was the admin that answered. She was very helpful with giving me turn by turn directions help. There are 3 rounds of interview process that you will undergo, sadly, I was never called back after the 2nd round Interview.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to check you spam inbox. Cause they do send you a direction email.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Livonia, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Business Oriented atmosphere yet it consisted of down to earth individuals. I had the pleasure of being interviewed by someone who didnt seem like your ordinary employer. But as the interview process went on, I realized the only difference between him and I was that we grew up in different environments. I assumed he was not qualified but he was actually over qualified in my opinion due to his professionalism beyond his years.

Interview Questions

• What traits do you possess that will help transition you from an employee to more of a management role?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was really quick after I submitted my application and resume. The office was nice, well-decorated and comfortable. They mistook me for someone else when I first came in, but it was quickly cleared up and they sorted it out. Everyone well-dressed and very personable. It was a quick interview to begin and I was called back for a second, lengthier interview in the field. I decided not to take the second interview because I wasn't interested in event marketing (going into stores and selling things), but it was easy to get excited about their company from listening to the person I was interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you became frustrated with someone and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

I had other jobs I was more interested in and that went more along the lines of want I really want to do in the future.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Livonia, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Advertising a variety of entry level jobs under the guise of expansion. Received an e-mail immediately after applying as well as a follow up phone call the next morning. Spoke with the receptionist (a "pre-interview") and specifically asked if they were in fact offering positions that were not sales, she said yes, they were offering non-sales positions. After a few basic questions ("Why are you leaving your current job?" "What are your strengths?"), Ben proceeded to ask me who my cable company was, if I was happy with them, etc --it felt like a sales pitch! He then proceeded to "let me in on" the fact that he was really looking for a manager to take over a new office. This is apparently the same sphere he has used on multiple others.
    TLDR: Totally dishonest. It's door-to-door commission-based sales or you might find yourself in Home Depot with a clipboard trying to peddle cabinet refacing services.

Public Relations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called a few days after applying with the company by a cheerful girl in the human resource department, she went over some of my previous positions with me and really got into detail with me as to what it was that they were hiring for and it seemed to match up with the position that i was looking for. I had previously read up on the company as i do with anywhere i apply for so i was a bit skeptical about scheduling an interview however the offer was so inviting i couldn't resist, and im glad i decided to. i went in for the interview and sat in the lobby with the lady i had spoken over the phone with, she was just as sweet in person and very conversational, it was very bright and welcoming in the office and all the staff was exceptionally welcoming also. I was able to meet with the CEO Ben (as mentioned in other reviews) Agreed that he is a smooth talker, but i had a very good conversation and got a ton of details on the position and the company. If offered the position i will be accepting.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked about my background and what my goals were for the future. I asked most the questions.   Answer Question

Public Relations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising in May 2014.

Interview

Perspective Advertising called me in for an interview after seeing that I recently graduated with a degree in communications. The woman that called me was really cheerful and nice. Unlike other companies it seemed like she actually looked at my resume and she felt that I would be a good fit for an open public relations position. When I arrived to the interview I was impressed by the energy by all of the employees. My interview was pretty early in the morning so people that work for the company started to come in while I was sitting in the lobby. Every person that walked in the door shook my hand and introduced them self to me. It made me feel really welcomed.

I interviewed with Matt. He explained a basic over view of what I would be doing and the importance that Perspective Advertising is to their clients. He seemed very nice, and interested in learning about me. I went on a few other interviews in the area and they were definitely not as interested in my qualifications. Matt told me that I would receive a call later that day if I was chosen for another interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that sets you aside from any other candidate?   Answer Question

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The office itself was a little shoddy/sketchy. When I walked in, I immediately had a bad feeling. The interview process was a bit odd. The first interview was straight forward. The second interview occurred at a nearby Panera where the interviewee tried to convince me that I could pull in 6 figures selling AT&T door to door. Not what I was looking for. Felt pretty manipulated.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between direct and indirect marketing?   Answer Question
    • Are you serious about this? Are you going to accept if we offer you a job?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Livonia, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

THIS IS A PYRAMID SCHEME! They have posts online with positions available including: "Public Relations Assistant" "Retail Sales and Marketing Associate" "Customer Service Support" "Assistant Management *Paid Training" THEY ARE ALL THE SAME JOB. You will be trying to sell cabinet upholstery inside Home Depot...

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

What this place does should be illegal. They lure you in with a "marketing associate" position, when it's not really that at all. You basically will be doing demonstrations at Home Depot, and demonstrations for their other clients, trying to convince people to sign up for services.

I went in for a first interview with Ben. He's a fast, smooth talker. Good for him. But I could barely get any real information out of him about the position. He talked about how Perspective Advertising really values face to face communication, instead of relying on digital marketing. He went on to say that they like to show customers exactly what they're getting instead of fancy marketing techniques. I finally asked what that meant, and what exactly I would be doing - demonstrations? He really tried to avoid talking about it - he replied "this is just a preliminary interview, where I get to know you - we will get more into what the position entails in the second interview, if you are chosen." Pretty condescending. They expect you to sell yourself in an interview but they don't want to talk about the position.

The funniest thing he said - "Look, can I be honest with you? I'm not really looking for another marketing associate. (I was interviewing for "marketing associate") Any monkey can do marketing. It doesn't take a genius. I'm looking for someone I can move up into management, and fast."

Declined an offer for a second interview. Pretty sure the position is commission based.

Declined second interview

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com and received a call the next day. I was asking to come in for an interview the next day. Met with Ben who was very nice. This was an informal interview, just getting an overview on the company and what the position entailed.

Interview Questions

• This was an easy interview. All the basic questions. Why do you want this position?   Answer Question