Petrofac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Petrofac Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Petrofac.

Interview

3 parts: Personal, technical, behavior.
    Personal questions were normal.
    Technical part was very difficult, I was supposed to draw schematics, for turbomachinery, hydraulic systems, refrigeration circuits.... too technical. I also had to take 3 IQ tests before landing the face to face interview.
    Behavioral questions were also a bit tough.
    It was my first interviewing experience, came away very tough. Still, it was a good experience for the future.

Interview Questions

• What movie did you last watch? And who were the actors.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Petrofac (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy. Just asked basic resume questions and background questions. Basic working of your departmental knowledge is needed. The only negatives was the salary. But this was expected considering the downturn of the oil industry at that time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It had good working conditions. Also the people who worked were friendly and gave great advices.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Petrofac (Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Online application
    Technical Exam
    IQ TEST
    INTERVIEW
    QA session
    Introduction to the Company
    They call you, then they send u the interview dates, you need to be prepared for a technical exam and IQ exam and personality question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Petrofac (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Technical n Iq test followed by group discussion and final interview both technical and Hr rounds.A also asked about Engineering Projects and how it was useful for understanding the concept.

Interview Questions

• Skills suitable for this opportunity?Why do you want to join petrofac?Any plan of higher study.W hat are hobbies? Favourite Sports?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Petrofac.

Interview

Was held in a small conference room in an hotel.
    2 interviewers, one for technical questions and one for personal question
    lasts about an hour.
    Generally a good relaxed environment.
    Prepare your CV well, they usually go through it.
    It is important to show confidence throughout the interview even if you don't know and answer to a technical question it is important not to panic

Interview Questions

• Type of questions:
      -Describe yourself
      -2 of the best courses in your degree
      -few technical questions

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petrofac.

Interview

Two vast technical rounds with experts reviewing your profile and then HR interview for final discussion of salary
    In the both the rounds the interviewer were helpful and motivated you to answer with ease.

Interview Questions

• technical round:
      1. any electrical equipment detail explaination.
      2. protection SLD
      3. Explain whatever work you have done.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Petrofac.

Interview

I had to apply my resume/cover letter to the HR. After that, some people are sent through to the next stage where they do an IRT (Internet Reasoning Test) comprising an arithmetic, an English language, and a geometrical forms test. After the test, the people selected for the internship are notified by email.

Interview Questions

• There were no direct questions, see the descripption above.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petrofac (Chennai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It has 3 rounds..Written test followed by technical and then followed by Hrinterview.
    The interview will be according to diffrent depts like EEE ,Mech,Civil.The hardware branches have more scope of getting into this company

HSE Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petrofac (Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Received a phone call from the assistant to one of the HSE Managers and asked if the manager could call me for an informal discussion with regards to a position that applied for.
    So he called and expunged that could be have c.20 min to ask about myself etc .... Well it turned out that he began to "interview" me and it was so clear he was asking the question from a sheet with specific measurable answers, never k be did he actually ask about myself and was somewhat clueless in this particular field. It made me wonder how he managed to secure the position he was in but after working for many years in the UAE it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise "how"..... I even tried to expand on some of the answers I gave but he would not get into any "technical" discussion apart form the prepared answers he had to the question posed to myself and 20 min became 1 hour.
    I'm sure this is not the process such a company would follow, and how can such a person rate a candidate based on such an approach

Lead Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Petrofac (Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a hasty process. Petrofac had been awarded a contract and were recruiting for positions. I was provided a date for the Skype interview by the Recruiter and I didn't agree to it as I was down with flu. I asked for it to be postponed by a week but I was told that the client (Petrofac) had a deadline for the interviews. So, I was forced to go through the process.
    The interview was very simple, describing the job and asking very basic questions about my experience and some on engineering.
    It was apparent from his line of questioning that he was not exactly conversant with roles (which discipline does what) and he was not very comfortable with the role of interviewing.
    Though I had checked his profile earlier, I rechecked it after the interview and realised that the Hiring Manager was new to the job, and didn't have any background of operations or process.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why don't you look excited about the job? (even though I had mentioned that I am down with flu)
      Q. Which Process simulation softwares can you manage?
      Q. Difference between amine and glycol dehydration. (Amine is used for sweetening and not dehydration)
      Q. How are you in operations, being a mechanical engineer? (I have been in operations for 20+ years now. And, the hiring manager happens to ne a mechanical engineer himself.)