Petrofac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Petrofac Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.9

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Petrofac.

Interview

3 parts: Personal, technical, behavior.
    Personal questions were normal.
    Technical part was very difficult, I was supposed to draw schematics, for turbomachinery, hydraulic systems, refrigeration circuits.... too technical. I also had to take 3 IQ tests before landing the face to face interview.
    Behavioral questions were also a bit tough.
    It was my first interviewing experience, came away very tough. Still, it was a good experience for the future.

Interview Questions

• What movie did you last watch? And who were the actors.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Petrofac (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy. Just asked basic resume questions and background questions. Basic working of your departmental knowledge is needed. The only negatives was the salary. But this was expected considering the downturn of the oil industry at that time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It had good working conditions. Also the people who worked were friendly and gave great advices.

Mechanical Technician Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petrofac (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Group interview including aptitude test, group problem solving and 1 on 1 interview. Process was designed to single out the best candidates to proceed onward the the rest of the apprenticeship.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where health and safety affected you in the workplace.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Petrofac.

Interview

First of all i had to apply then i was selected for interview and ther were 2 stages of interview and after clearing i was asked to give my income want and i got that same amount which i asked for.

Interview Questions

• My experience and the best work which i accomplish by myself   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Petrofac (Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Online application
    Technical Exam
    IQ TEST
    INTERVIEW
    QA session
    Introduction to the Company
    They call you, then they send u the interview dates, you need to be prepared for a technical exam and IQ exam and personality question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Petrofac (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Technical n Iq test followed by group discussion and final interview both technical and Hr rounds.A also asked about Engineering Projects and how it was useful for understanding the concept.

Interview Questions

• Skills suitable for this opportunity?Why do you want to join petrofac?Any plan of higher study.W hat are hobbies? Favourite Sports?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Petrofac.

Interview

Was held in a small conference room in an hotel.
    2 interviewers, one for technical questions and one for personal question
    lasts about an hour.
    Generally a good relaxed environment.
    Prepare your CV well, they usually go through it.
    It is important to show confidence throughout the interview even if you don't know and answer to a technical question it is important not to panic

Interview Questions

• Type of questions:
      -Describe yourself
      -2 of the best courses in your degree
      -few technical questions   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petrofac.

Interview

Two vast technical rounds with experts reviewing your profile and then HR interview for final discussion of salary
    In the both the rounds the interviewer were helpful and motivated you to answer with ease.

Interview Questions

• technical round:
      1. any electrical equipment detail explaination.
      2. protection SLD
      3. Explain whatever work you have done.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Petrofac.

Interview

I had to apply my resume/cover letter to the HR. After that, some people are sent through to the next stage where they do an IRT (Internet Reasoning Test) comprising an arithmetic, an English language, and a geometrical forms test. After the test, the people selected for the internship are notified by email.

Interview Questions

• There were no direct questions, see the descripption above.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petrofac (Chennai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It has 3 rounds..Written test followed by technical and then followed by Hrinterview.
    The interview will be according to diffrent depts like EEE ,Mech,Civil.The hardware branches have more scope of getting into this company