Petroleum Geo-Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.8

Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Petroleum Geo-Services (Houston, TX).

Interview

Brief and not very deep. Interview only lasted an hour and there were no really challenging questions. I was interviewed for interpretation but hired for depth model building. I preferred depth model building but there were no questions regarding it.

Interview Questions

• How I would pick a water bottom. And would I consider a job in depth imaging instead. Only one series of interviews. Very different from previous company where there were two sets of interviews of two to four hours   1 Answer

Observer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Petroleum Geo-Services (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was relaxed. I found the interviewer was easy to converse with. The interviewer explained the position in full and was able to answer my questions easily.

Interview Questions

• "Are you comfortable with the travel requirements?"   1 Answer

Geophysical Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petroleum Geo-Services (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Direct talk to persons that manage center. Good amount of time spent on interview. Non American bosses were the ones interviewing. Discussed skills sets and requirements. Specific examples of work related duties had experience with and some difficult questions at time.

Interview Questions

• What confidence level do you have in depth interpretation?
      Explain your skills in detail.
      1 Answer

Navigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petroleum Geo-Services (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and not pressured. It lasted approximately 2 hours and went very well. But this was a long time ago when the company was a startup.

Interview Questions

• Time in previous position and experience.   1 Answer

Senior Geophysicist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Petroleum Geo-Services.

Interview

Had lunch with Managers. It was very friendly. Some technical questions, some more general questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer on the phone. no negotiation.

Junior Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Petroleum Geo-Services (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

The first round interview was conducted by a senior Hiring manager and a Senior Geophysicists. I was asked to describe my masters course and what I learned (i.e. Geophysics Processing, etc..). The questions involved explaining processing methods and certain theories (e.g. the theory behind radon transform). That interview went and I was schedculed for a second interview with the hiring manager, processing manager and the senior geophysicists. The second interview was to inform of the benefits and reasons why PGS was a great company, it was during this interview that I was asked for my salary expectations...I had the last interview via skype.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simply asked what my salary expectation are

GL Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petroleum Geo-Services (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Just standard questions, nothing unexpected. It was an interview with my immediate supervisor and her boss. Very relaxed, they kept joking the whole time and made me feel really welcomed. They just wanted me to tell them about myself how did I end up learning accounting, why I made this life choice, and where I see myself in the future, in five years.

Research Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Petroleum Geo-Services (Oslo (Norway)).

Interview

Basic interview with HR. The lady seemed to be a bit stressed and not really interested in me. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. Then progressed to line manager. He asked me about past experience, programming skills and proficiency with data processing. I needed to give recent examples of my work and how I see the odds to bring value to the team.

Interview Questions

• Give a review of experience. Why do you want to work for us? Whats your experience with seismic data? Are you willing to travel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable conditions.

Processing Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weybridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Petroleum Geo-Services (Weybridge, England (UK)).

Interview

The first stage was a skype interview, in which they asked me something about the company (what I know about the company), few basic technical questions and some HR questions. It lasts 40-45 minutes.

Then I was invited in Weybridge for 1to1 interview. It was divided in two parts. 30 minutes with a HR representative (she asked me the standard questions, like strenghts, weaknesses, short terms and long terms goals, and so on). Then, an hour with managers for the technical interview. They asked me the main steps of data processing, like multiple removal techniques and types of migration, and something about PGS technologies (geostreamer).

Interview Questions

• Multiple removal technique known, difference between time and depth migration   Answer Question

Navigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Petroleum Geo-Services (Oslo (Norway)).

Interview

First round is a video response to a few questions about what you skills you think you need for the job etc. You have as many takes as you want before you submit. Next round is a face to face interview with at least 3 senior employees in either Houston or Oslo.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important characteristic of someone who is good at the job?   1 Answer