Petsense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Petsense

2.0

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roxboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petsense (Roxboro, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Basic questions. Pretty much if you walk in with a great attitude you’re hired unless your background check comes back with something. You just need mainly prior animal care or customer service experience and you have the job. Be prepared to answer a lot of customer questions. Some don’t be afraid to refer them to a vet, you are not a veterinarian!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Petsense?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Petsense (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a super easy, chill interview. The manager was so sweet and friendly. She asked simple questions, and just wanted to get to know me as a person. I felt like I could be myself. I usually am nervous during interviews, but in this one I wasn't at all.

Interview Questions

• 1. What's your experience with animals?
      2. Have you worked retail before?
      3. What is your previous work experience   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke Rapids, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Petsense (Roanoke Rapids, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview the market manager at the store for the first interview in person,later had a phone interview with HR and the Regional Manager . Which went very well. Later Walked the store with the market manager. Talk about what could change.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petsense (Fort Smith, AR) in March 2014.

Interview

very fast since i started as a assistant manager with company, i left the company and when i returned i was offerd a store manager position witch it did not take long to recive and offer.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Petsense in November 2014.

Interview

Initial interview took about 50 minutes. Very laid back. I was told it would take a week, and after a week I got a blanket email stating they would let me know the progress of the interview. I never heard back. I would rather had been told No, than left wondering about for weeks on end.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or surprising questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petsense (Morristown, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

The process is designed to make sure that you are a good fit for the company. You basically have 3 interviews, one with the DM, then the VP of Operations, and finally with the CEO. I think the process, while long, is worth the time invested and getting to know that they care about who they hire is impressive.

Interview Questions

• Everything was straight forward and to the point. It was more along the lines of conversation than an interview.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not really any negotiating. Their offer was better than what I was receiving at the time.

Dog Groomer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Petsense (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

What interview ??? They said apply and I did ... did back ground check and then started the job. Never met with the manager or anyone .. I was not the only one they hired like this .. they just hire warm bodies

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ken Wye, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Petsense (Ken Wye, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

Market manager was very professional and positive about the store. Representative was very knowledgeable and direct. Store management was very misleading and unorganized. Training was of the poorest quality. Not much improvements made when bring attention to concerns of work placements and scheduling.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petsense.

Interview

I was referred by an employee in the store to apply and did so, but upon arriving and a brief discussion with the manager, they stated they were not looking for new employees at that time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Petsense.

Interview

Went in person and they called back within the next two days for an interview that same day. Wish me luck! I have the interview today. I hope all goes well