Pharmaca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pharmaca Interview Questions

2.0

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pharmaca in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The job posting suggested that I drop by the store, so I did. I chatted with the manager briefly. After I left the store I saw that I had an email requesting a phone interview. I did the phone interview 2 days later. I was called the next day to schedule an in person interview. I had that interview a few days later. Then I received an email requesting another phone interview with the VP of operations. That interview was about 30 minutes long. I got a call later that day with a job offer. The entire process took 13 days.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my experience and comfort level dealing with customers.   Answer Question

Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pharmaca (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position on the website. Within a week the hiring manager called me to set up a short phone interview. Phone interview was ~15 minutes and asked easy questions, like "What makes a good practitioner" and "Why are you interested in holistic health." From there, I was asked to an in-person interview at the store. This was also pretty quick (< 20 mins) and I was asked typical soft ball questions like "What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses."

Within two days I got a phone call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good holistic health practitioner?
      Why are you interested in holistic health?
      Why do you want to work for Pharmaca?
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pharmaca.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I received a call from the store manager for an in person interview with the store manager and their lead practitioner. There are no set interview guidelines. Questions focus on service and how you balance task. They will ask some situation questions, though due to no set questions by the company every store manager might be different. Walking into the store there were carts with product laying about. Only two people were working so it seemed like they were stretched sort of thin. The second interview with the lead practitioner was more of a meet and greet. No questions about retail and just a quick overview of my resume and previous experience. They check to see your knowledge of natural health and wellness. A third interview with the district manager happens afterwards. This one feels more professional. A follow up call with an offer on a pay range and start date. Relatively easy interview so long as your resume did most of the talking upfront.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate for a higher price. Store managers have to keep an average wage for the store at a certain limit so they might be flexible to do more.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pharmaca (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Dropped off resume in person. Tried to meet store manager. Month later I received a call to meet in person. A month later went by with no word so when I finally called they had picked someone else. The next day they called again to say they changed their mind and they finally selected me, it was very strange.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask me anything, just talked about the position.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pharmaca (Boulder, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Brief interview with the pharmacy manager in the front lobby of the store. Very personable and friendly, casual interview. Asked about my previous work experience, hours available, desired shift preferences and discussed the need for additional compounding help.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaca (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, one on one interview basic.

Recruitment Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pharmaca (Boulder, CO) in September 2008.

Interview

Pharmaca has an excellent process for interviews. You interview with the manager hiring as a face to face and are offered a position if the match is there. There is no red tape, it is a quick process and a very professional process. Pharmaca looks for culture fit along with an understanding of integrative medicine or the simple interest in integrative medicine. It is a great opportunity for pharmacist wanting to understand compounding as well as blending eastern and western medicine.

Interview Questions

• none really. They want to make sure that the culture fit is is there. They are looking for people who are passionate about integrative medicine. People who want to make a change in the world of pharmacy and holistice wellness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pharamca is ver nego or compensation. They have a max pay but for the right candidate will make exceptions. They are fair and above the industry standards.

Wellness Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pharmaca in August 2011.

Interview

After applying online was sent an email with a time and date for possible interview. I accepted and was interviewed by two persons (store manager and HR rep.) The interview was very relaxed. Not a lot, if any, difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the hardest part about working a job at Pharmaca?   Answer Question