Phillip Securities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.5

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Phillip Securities (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

Referred by my friend, well-prepared and good interview experience.
    Standard Interview questions.
    Tell me about yourself.
    Why do you want to join our company?
    How do you understand this position?
    What are your strengths?
    Do you have any questions to ask me?
    What is your five-years plan?

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths to suit this position?   1 Answer

RM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phillip Securities (New Delhi (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

2 ROUNDS .
    first on site and second on phone with VP.
    They took couple of weeks to extend the offer
    flexible in joining
    terms and conditions were non negotiable
    Whole process got completed in 2-3 weeks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

One interview with general manager, manager and assistant manager at the same time, took 1 hour to complete. The interview happened in a small meeting room. They are looking for teamwork and consistency in interviewee. Need to be vocal and confident as sometimes they present in seminars and talk to traders and brokers.

Interview Questions

• Discuss implication of final year project to daily life   2 Answers

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phillip Securities in March 2014.

Interview

open position: manual tester & automation tester
    Agency contact through phone and arrange interview scheudle. on site interviews: 1 st round Technical interview 2nd round personality. interview question difficulity : average.

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Phillip Securities (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

Submit resume through campus career fair. Then got a photo interview from Business Manager. After that is the interview with the branch manager. The final interview is with the Business Manager and the Head of the department.

Equity Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phillip Securities (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

you will need to attend two round interview with Branch Dealing Manager and then HOD with presentation slides.you will receive another interview invitation after 2 weeks if you are shortlisted in first interview.

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phillip Securities (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Hiring process was long since i dont have a good track record. The management took weeks to actually approve my application after the HOD submitted my resume. As for the interview process, the HOD was desperate for me to join and i didn't had much to do. It lasted for quite a while, with him doing all the talking instead.

Negotiation

Its hard to negotiate because the company is very budget! Dont let them psycho you into accepting a crap offer.

Senior Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phillip Securities.

Interview

1 to 2 rounds of interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phillip Securities (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

One round interview. The interview process for this firm is fairly short. They also arrived at their decision within a mere week. The interview is conducted by the hiring manager. First impression matters. Do take the initiative to talk more as the interviewer would not prompt you to say much.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for this place even when the salary is so low? Would you stay long in such an environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about what you know about equities, brokerage and the general business? What do you think is the value that you can bring to the table?   Answer Question
    • Have you read an equity report before? Can you tell me what are the element of an equity report? If you were to pitch a stock to potential client, can you demonstrate using an example?   Answer Question

Dealer Interview

Application

Interview

Phone call from HR for interview. Met with hiring manager for interview. Waited a week or so for offer. Sign offer with HR

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation especially for salary