Phillip Securities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Phillip Securities Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2018

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phillip Securities (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

One round interview. The interview process for this firm is fairly short. They also arrived at their decision within a mere week. The interview is conducted by the hiring manager. First impression matters. Do take the initiative to talk more as the interviewer would not prompt you to say much.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for this place even when the salary is so low? Would you stay long in such an environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about what you know about equities, brokerage and the general business? What do you think is the value that you can bring to the table?   Answer Question
    • Have you read an equity report before? Can you tell me what are the element of an equity report? If you were to pitch a stock to potential client, can you demonstrate using an example?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Phillip Securities in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone interview with Department head and MD before a final face-to-face interview.
    Phone interview was lengthy and cover broad base market knowledge. Face-to-face interview was more technical. Question posed was relative easy for candidate with industry experience, but may challenge fresh graduates.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of current market environment and what does the company need to do to improve?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phillip Securities in July 2011.

Interview

Submit CV to the interviewer. A 30 minute long 1:1 interview, some very basic and personal skills questions with regards to personality and technical skills in the field.

Marketing Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Phillip Securities in January 2008.

Interview

Called up for interview. Had a casual chat with the Head of Department. Sign Contract within a week. One important criteria, do not ask for pay above SGD2500. Your past work experience does not matter unless you are going for very senior positions. Just show that you are a comfortable relaxed person to work with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not negotiate for high pay.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phillip Securities in March 2014.

Interview

open position: manual tester & automation tester
    Agency contact through phone and arrange interview scheudle. on site interviews: 1 st round Technical interview 2nd round personality. interview question difficulity : average.

Senior Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phillip Securities.

Interview

1 to 2 rounds of interviews

Assistant Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phillip Securities.

Interview

First round with hiring manager and HR and 2nd round with executive director. There was also an personality questionnaire to ensure that you are the right fit for the organisation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Phillip Securities (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First round interview - done a personality test, and interviewers focus more on scenario questions and past experience. Quite aggressive, to see if you can withstand the pressure. Really be prepared with lots of past work experience examples on how to deal with various scenarios

Finance Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phillip Securities (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a bit disappointing. I was kept waiting for very long, and at the last moment the interviewer changed. There was a short test before the interview commenced.The questions were very technical in nature, and not suitable for any fresh grads.

Interview Questions

• What should the debit and credit entry be for this occurance?   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Phillip Securities (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

Referred by my friend, well-prepared and good interview experience.
    Standard Interview questions.
    Tell me about yourself.
    Why do you want to join our company?
    How do you understand this position?
    What are your strengths?
    Do you have any questions to ask me?
    What is your five-years plan?

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths to suit this position?   1 Answer