Phillips 66 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Phillips 66 Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.9

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phillips 66 in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was more on the informal side, very comfortable and the two people who conducted the interview were very informative about the company and the position. They seemed interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that all accidents are preventable?   1 Answer

Help Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Tulsa, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and courteous. Questions ranged from work history to personal motivations. It was inspiring to see how interested management is in knowing who you are as a person.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Bartlesville, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after around 3 weeks, got a call from HR & right then and there, she conducted a phone interview. After a week I got a call from one of the Procurement Supervisors & scheduled me for a panel interview. During the actual interview, they asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Did you have to work with a difficult person? Describe...   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

You have no chance there unless you were an intern or good friends with the hiring manager. Phillips promotes from within and then hires their interns for the spots vacated. Unless you know somebody there who wants you in, an outside person has no chance.

Research and Development Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Bartlesville, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 6 interviews with 2-3 professionals in each. They were back to back, 30 minutes each. Each interview had questions concerning a certain topic. The first interview was about time management, second was about technical skills, then safety, ethics, past experiences, and why i wanted this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when someone around you wasn't being safe and you had to step in.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Phillips 66.

Interview

First interviewed on campus, then got a call inviting to an on-site.
    Nice process, people there are very nice. The facility is good. The lab is organized. Mostly behavior based questions. People write down their answers on paper.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you dealt with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Mostly behavioral-based questions that seemed predefined. They asked a few personal questions based on my resume. Overall it felt very formal but the interviewers definitely weren't trying to grill me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you demonstrated initiative.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was smooth and easy. The interview took place on campus and was with 2 recruiters who switched off asking questions and taking notes. Heard back from them withing about 3 weeks.

Commercial Supply and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus panel interview, all behavioral questions. Looking for "SMART" answers to past experiences. Two interviews, writing your answers the whole time. Not much of a conversation although the people were nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you dealt with a controversial situation in the workplace?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Was not offered an interview. I applied out of interest. I have a very good gpa but I lack experience in engineering projects. I hope that is why I did not get one.