Phillips 66 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Phillips 66

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Interview

I had 2 rounds of interviews, one on campus with a representative from the finance function of the company and the other on site with a few different interviewing managers.

Pipeline Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Tulsa, OK) in July 2013.

Interview

I had a recruiter who called me and went over my resume with me, this company worked closely with phillips 66. Then a recruiter from the phillips 66 team called me and went over my resume with me before booking my flight to fly out to Oklahoma. There were several of us interviewing. We went in one at a time. I was called back in for a second interview with a second set of managers. They aske questions about what would you do if *scenarion*. Just basically getting to know your type of personality. Afterwards we took a mechanical aptitude test and the recruiter from phillips 66 told me that they would give me a call.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Just mainly questions about life situations that you were involved in similar to the job you are applying for.   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Phillips 66 in June 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews - one over the phone and a face-to-face meeting in Houston. The interview is behaver based. I had to provide specific examples to the questions. Also, had to know SAP transaction codes and show scheduling knowledge/Language

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Linden, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied in late October and received a call from HR for a phone interview in December. I participated in the phone interview phase with the lab manager...which was really like I was having a conversation with a colleague. It was very laid back and not tense at all. Then I moved to the face-to-face interview in January. I was somewhat of a group panel style of interview. The interviewers were broken down into pairs. I interviewed with HR, Lab Lead, Lab Manager, 2 Chemists, and a Lab Supervisor. All were very friendly and very genuine. The in person interview lasted majority of the day.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics do you fell make a person a great leader?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Linden, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Process takes 3.5 hours. In this time you will interview with :
    - Supervisor
    -Chemist(s)
    -Lab Leader (supervisor's boss)
    -Lab Techs

Not extremely technical, but are looking for personnel that adjust to the work environment.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your long term goals?   1 Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Davis, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus recruiting interview. One on one. He did an info session the night before with pizza and a power point. He was very nice and easy going. He only asked me about my research and where I see my career headed. The process is ongoing I don't know if I will be selected for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a major difficulty in your research that you overcame.   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Bartlesville, OK).

Interview

Series of over six interview sessions in one day with two interviews per interview sessions. Also, you give a 30-45 min research talk in front of most if not all of the scientist that work there. This is followed by a short 10-15 min Q & A session. After that you brake into your technical interview which is just you and 3 scientist asking technical questions about your research presented.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your work could translate to industry? Do you think it would be cost effective?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (West Columbia, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Online application, if you meet criteria of what they are looking for you will receive a follow up email to invite you to take a "battery of test" The test are fairly easy and I would suggest brushing up on your algebra slightly exp. 2x=10 (solve for x) Also look into mechanical aptitude test books or just look online. The last part of the test is a personality test in my opinion similar to taking a Myers Briggs.

Next phase you will receive a confirmation email stating that you passed and that your score is on file for a year. From there you will either be notified you have been selected for an interview or you may not receive an email for interview.

I applied August 28th 2015 for the Sweeny, Texas location and was selected 3 months later for an interview scheduled December 2015- this was a roller coaster for me because I am new to the industry and did not know the process could take so long. To be fair there was a huge set back with a new unit during this phase , I'm thinking this had to do with the delays.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you observed something unsafe in the work place and how did you respond to it .   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wood River, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Wood River, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Test with personality questions. And a basic operator exam with some math and questions about pulleys. Group interview with various scenarios, they want to see how you work with a team. Then an individual interview with behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position/company?   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phillips 66 in December 2014.

Interview

Recruited through contract headhunting firm. Just 2 days before the interview date and had to schedule a whole day (5:30a-4p) for the testing process. Was given wrong time to meet at first and did not see correction in time. We were greeted by three reps from the company. HR, Senior, and junior members. We were first given timed testing in three parts. Math&reasoning, Mechanical aptitude, followed by the dreaded Psych(out) test. This is where most "Fail" to grasp any sort of meaning. Watch the time! They say they will give out time warnings but they only call out the last 5 minute warning.

They send off the scantron test form to be graded after a week. They do a panel interview with the senior and junior member after that at a pre-set time. Nothing too difficult. Be open and honest with them about strengths and goals.

The bad thing about this experience as you might have gathered is the personality test. They give no feedback on the results. You don't know where it comes from, what studies it is based on (if ANY), or what to improve on. I don't think I would apply again due to the lack of transparency in the testing process.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Bartlesville, OK) in July 2014.

Interview

Went through a job placement firm who got me an interview for a contract position. Interview was only 30 minutes with pretty standard questions, none of which were overly difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you improved a process that was already in place   Answer Question