Phunware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Phunware (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with an initial phone screen/interview, followed (about a week and a half later) by an on-site interview that lasted approximately 2 1/2 hours. I met with four interviewers separately for 30-40 minutes each. They were all very professional, friendly, conversational, and asked excellent questions. Additionally, they kept me very informed after the interview regarding at what point of the process they were in. Incredibly considerate!

Interview Questions

• What Project Management applications are you familiar with, and do you have experience working with JIRA?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Phunware (Irvine, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Brief phone interview to establish background, interest, personality and availability. Followed up with a technical interview over Skype video chat. Spike with 2 managers, 2 developers, and the CTO of the company.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were fairly easy. No CS type trick questions or algorithm questions. They were all related to the platform that I was expected to develop for.   Answer Question

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Phunware (Austin, TX).

Interview

LinkedIn message from recruiter, phone call with recruiter, phone call with marketing manager, in-person interviews with four members of the marketing team. After the in-person interviews were completed, I was told by the recruiter that they'd be moving forward with an offer. I was then called two other times and told that the offer had been signed by the marketing manager and the CRO, and that they were just waiting for the CEO to sign the offer. The delay was explained by the CEO's absence from the office on account of having a baby. Since it was implied that this final signature was a foregone conclusion, I notified my supervisor and team members that I would be leaving my job. Two weeks later, the recruiter called to tell me that the offer had been terminated. Apparently a recently hired marketing director believed the position wasn't a good use of company funds.

Obviously this was a massive lapse in communication on their part, and I believe it may have cost me a promotion at my current job. I was lucky to have not gotten fired. Although everyone I spoke with at Phunware was very friendly and prompt in replying to emails and keeping me in the loop, the way the process ended was brutal and likely damaged my career in the short term.

Interview Questions

• The questions had to do my qualifications and experience. Nothing crazy.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phunware (Irvine, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Straight forward phone call with Controller. Relaxed just wanted to know my history and goals. I could see the interview being harder for a software developer or something.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phunware (Miami, FL).

Interview

Pretty dishonest. Everything was said as excelent to the end, they ended up emailing plain disapproval though. I'm personally advocate of straight forward speech, and constructive critism. It tasted to me as trying to fool people.
    I have very good feelings from other interviews in my career when I did not get the job, but they became perfect guidelines from feedback.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? What did you do here.. and here?..   1 Answer

Phunware Response

May 15, 2016 – Executive Vice President of Global Operations and Product

I apologize you didn't have a great experience and appreciate the feedback.

That said, Phunware nor any of our managers are dishonest.

Through this interview process we had a handful of... More

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phunware (Austin, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

Quick and fast. 2 rounds. First round was with QA Director. Fairly 360 interview with some tech questions thrown in the middle. 2nd round was onsite. Had 1 round of tech screen where the focus was on coding, design patterns and java collections.

Feedback was given in quick time.

Interview Questions

• Some questions on data streaming were tough as it was based on data structures in Java   Answer Question

QA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Phunware (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

talked to someone for about 15 mins talking about myself and the second interview was more of a do you have any experience for this role and what do you know about me and the company

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked What do you know about me and the company   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phunware (Miami, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

They call you, schedule the first interview, then if they like you, they will schedule a second interview. Then they will tell you your start date. And they will not pay you for the first 2 weeks. Be prepared not to get paid until after 1 month. Because they pay every 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If you want to get the job, then act like you are a machine and welling to work long hours for free.
      Tell them you have no kids thats a plus.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

phone call - in person - phone call - Meet teams - meet engineers - come back - have lunch with teams - come back - waste time - meet managers - meet CEO - Laugh at verbal offer given

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phunware.

Interview

One call and a face to face interview with skill test, but it may change depending the position you are applying for. Overall I have to say it was nice and smooth.