Piedmont Natural Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Piedmont Natural Gas Interview Questions

2.7

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Piedmont Natural Gas (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a call directly from their HR, scheduled an interview on the phone. Went to their HQ and had a very relaxed interview and tour, was unsure about how I had done in the interview when leaving.

Interview Questions

• Some about my personality,academics, knowledge, and extracurricular life. I'm not really sure anymore it was a while ago.   Answer Question

Transaction Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Piedmont Natural Gas (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with multiple people from the team at the same time. Asked questions from a sheet given from HR. Did not really stem from the process. Did not leave time for any questions

Interview Questions

• The standard interview questions. Biggest Challenges. What are you looking to achieve in your career. What type of atmosphere do you work best in. No questions that one should not be prepared to answer.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Interview

First had a phone screen then a panel interview.

I was told I was an excellent candidate and I would hear back in a week. I followed up with an email to which they responded that I would hear back soon.

They never contacted me again. The process up through the interview was pleasant however I believe their lack of follow up afterwards is completely unprofessional.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Piedmont Natural Gas (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

Applied for position online on August 18, 2014. I was contacted by a recruiter on September 8, 2014 to set up an 45 min assessment. On September the 15th I was interviewed by a panel of managers. The interview was first the basic questions such as " why do you want to work for Piedmont" and "what makes you stand out from the other candidates". In addition to this I was ask behavior type question such as " tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co worker. what did you do and how did it turn out?"
    After the panel I was introduced to the rest of the management staff. Afterwards told that they would complete interviews for the rest of the week. I would hear something back either way the following week. On September 22, 2014 I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very relax. Just need to understand the STAR format for interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Piedmont Natural Gas (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

I had a phone conversation that was upbeat. The second interview with the same person and two managers was weird. Two of the managers had an extreemly dry attitude and made me feel out of place. Moreover, the person I spoke with on the phone expressed concerns during the in person interview about my background...Why? I find this down right crazy because we spoke on phone in length about my skills and the industry from which I was coming from yet the manager still decided to interview me. Did you bring me in to interview just to hit your compliance numbers? I found this unfair..The audacity to express your concerns in person after I had taken time from work to interview was not the right place and time for your concerns...it also made me feel uncomfortable...If there was concerns why did I come in for a second interview.

Analyst - Finance & Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Piedmont Natural Gas (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

I reached out to the recruiter, via LinkedIn, to ask about potential future employment. Recruiter told me which days the company posted jobs externally and I kept my eye on their job board. Found a position that piqued my interest and reached back out to the recruiter. After that it was a fairly standard process, had a phone screen with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview (I lived in another state) with the hiring manager. A few weeks later, I was flown in for an in person interview. I met with the hiring manager, Finance director, and VP of Finance and had lunch with the hiring manager and director.

Overall, it was a fairly informal process. I was asked about projects I had worked on, what the outcomes were, and any challenges I experienced. They were very accommodating with scheduling my in person interview, which allowed me to surprise my wife on her birthday.

Interview Questions

• None - it was your basic interview process: what's your b/g? why PNG? tell me about specific projects? etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were fairly non-existent. They have a compensation team that evaluates the market and sets the pay. However, I was able to increase my bonus by 30%.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Piedmont Natural Gas (Charlotte, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

The first step in the campus interview process is that they weed out hundreds of applications. After you are selected from the few at your university you are then given a first interview. Following that interview if you are selected from a huge list of students from all over NC and SC, you are then invited to interview at their headquaters. Usually there are 3-4 candidates per position. There is a specific guideline of when they will notify you and when selections will be made. The orginal timeline was fine for planning for summer classes and other internship opportunities. Only problem, they didn't respond for over 2 months past when they said they would. Even if I had recieved the internship I still would have been unable to take it due to their lack of planning and professionalism.

Field Opps Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Piedmont Natural Gas (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

Interviewed three times, twice at same location.I had more experience than the other two combined(personally knew them)Interview went great but just did not know the right person,kind of sad that most places run on cronyism. Had to take 3 vacation days for the process(WOW). Just do not understand how you get down to the last three people, two different occasions, with the same panel of people and same facility and still not get an offer??

Interview Questions

• During the interview they asked me how long would it take me to find my vehicle regisration??   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Piedmont Natural Gas (Charlotte, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Invited for an on Campus Interview, which consisted of behavioral questions, but was fairly low pressure overall.

Was invited back for a second interview, but was called only one day before I was expected to be at the office in a city 3 hours away, which I thought was kind of unprofessional. A few other candidates I spoke to had the same experience.

During the office visit, I sat in a waiting room for 30 minutes and then was called away for a quick tour of the office and an interview. I only had one interview, and it was with the same person who I met on campus. There were a few more technical questions asked here, but overall it was informal. Overall, seemed like a good company and nice people, but could have had a more thorough office interview process.

Interview Questions

• What approach would you take to attract new investors to the company?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Piedmont Natural Gas in October 2009.

Interview

I applied on the company web site. Then was called for a phone interview. A few weeks later was called to come in for a face to face interview. I was interviewed by one of the senior tech in the department not the manager. the manager came in later to close the interview. I was then called back about two weeks later for a second interview, to meet with the complete department and went to lunch with the department. This was to make sure I got along with everyone. I shuck hands with everyone before I left and thanked each one. I was called back about a week later with an offer.