Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

1.8

Catastrophe Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (Arlington, TX).

Interview

Role play. Call insured/ homeowner to act as if you were their insurance adjuster!
    Measured many surfaces for building materials. Prepared written roof estimate. Participated in a day long class. Typical for the industry

Interview Questions

• Do you have construction experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

the interview went very well . they sit you down in a conference room and explain the companies policy. and go over your test scores. after you have completed training with certification class.
    They rate you from 1 to 10 think I was around 6 or 7 and still got the job due to persistence.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (Mobile, AL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was professional and well organized with focus on job functions and the employers expectations of their employees. Required skills were discussed as well as licenses and certifications required to perform the job.

Interview Questions

• When were you most satisfied in your job?   1 Answer

Cat Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Had to travel to Dallas for classes and certification at your expense. The training facility is good, as were the instructors. It was on-site management that was unprofessional, and set a terrible tone for the work environment.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide great customer service?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc..

Interview

get on their register and get certified... they will call you if they need you, the more certifications and persistance in training the more likely to be called is. this is all there is to it... glassdoor is making me write 30 words in here for some dumb reason.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, they have a payment schedule

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (Daytona Beach, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

They called me. The interview took 15 minutes. I didn't believe it was a real job. I hung up and checked out the company and found out it was legit. I had a packet in my email a few minutes later. After I filled it out and sent it back they called me to schedule training. Couldn't have been easier.

Interview Questions

• They just wanted to know a little bit about my background and then asked me if I wanted to do property adjusting or auto.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. They work on contract with the Insurance companies. You get a percent of the contracted rate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. in January 2014.

Interview

Group interview absolutely painless. as long as you qualify you are hired there was a drug test and a background check. i was hired picked for a leadership role and then terminated due to my disqualification during the background check.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (Mobile, AL) in October 2013.

Interview

Working through a recruiter, I went directly to an in-person interview with the hiring manager. It mainly consisted of him selling me on his geek cred and development plans. We talked a lot about technology and methodology trends. There weren't a lot of probing or in-depth questions. It was mostly just a friendly rap session.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (Mobile, AL) in April 2012.

Interview

There isn't an interview. They will have someone call you and ask some questions about your background experience and about license and certifications.
    You come to one of their certification training (which they have several throughout the year);
    You get an adjuster license for the state where you live (they have someone who can guide you with this if necessary);
    If you have some experience, you might be called faster, if not, you will need to wait for a storm strong enough for them to send more people to be trained;

Insurance Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (Mobile, AL) in July 2011.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who had me send in all my certificates and id info through faxing it. Ounce all info was received and looked good got a call to go and take a drug test at a local facility. After results of drug test was verified was in the system and was on call for the next big hurricane. 1 month later 1 hit and it took 1yr 3 months to finish that storm.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation all adjusters receive 60% of what the work.They have a fee chart that you charge for each claim. The bigger the claim the bigger the fee.