Pinkerton Government Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pinkerton Government Services Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pinkerton Government Services

Security Officer Interview

Interview

I am a 22 year old female out of Philadelphia. I have 2 years experience with security and 4 years experience as an emergency medical technician. I also have 1 year experience as a communication specialist at Saint Christopher's hospital for children. I am extremely experienced in customer service and communications. I know I will be a great asset to the team.

BDM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pinkerton Government Services (Torrance, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was straighforward, and included background screening, interviews with HR, and at least two hiring managers. My selection and offer was presented within 2 months after the process began. I received a formal welcome and offer letter, to which I responded with a reasonable counter offer. This counter offer was accepted, and an amended letter sent. I accepted at once, and soon began the onboarding process into the company's Torrance, CA location.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pinkerton Government Services.

Interview

Employer looks for individuals with military experience or security experience. If you have a secret clearance, you will eventually get hired or if you had once before. The actual interview is very laid back, nothing to worry about

Interview Questions

• I usually just hate this question, but "what makes you special" kind of question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pinkerton Government Services (Bloomington, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

I went online and applied to the Pinkerton Government Services website for Minnesota and I got a call from a company that Pinkerton does contracting for. We just set up an interview and I went and Interviewed with the project manager from pinkerton and the manager from the contracting company. however after that you have to do a background check and fill out tons of paperwork to get my security clearance. It took about a month before everything was set up that I could start training.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was an alarm at the other building that is half a mile away that requires a 15 minute response time and the company vehicle is not working?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pinkerton Government Services (Laurel, MD).

Interview

The interview was very generic, it was basically ten of the most expected interview questions. There paperwork is a little complicated. There is a test that you take onsite, a writing assessment, you have to complete a drug screening within a certain amount of time, and you have to pass a back ground check. If you are new to security you will also have to be processed for a security clearance and will have to apply for a security guard card and have your fingerprints taken. You do have to pay for the guard card yourself but it is yours afterwards. You can invest a lot of time in the hiring process and then be denied a clearance, at that point you will not be considered for employment.

Interview Questions

• Getting the security clearance, guard card, and background check back.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Rates are based off the contract and it is set in stone. They are usually hiring for a specific contract so the pay rate is the pay rate.

Anonymous Employee in New Carrollton, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinkerton Government Services (New Carrollton, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied on line,then about two weeks after that I was connected about an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was ok, we lost our contract to them.i did not always work for pinkerton.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pinkerton Government Services (Melville, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online, filled out a standard guard application. Got a call back within 1 month, was asked to show up for an interview. Had interview, filled out an extended application along with a supplementary government form. Was hired and started working within 2 months. Signed an NDA and began manning a post within 3 days of hiring.

Firefighter Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pinkerton Government Services (El Segundo, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

The interview was similar to that of any firefighter interview. The panel which consists of whatever captains were free that day and the "chief". The panel asks situational type questions and the general "tell us about yourself" question. They also ask more prevention related questions: what is an itv? name the components found on a riser? etc.