Pinnacle Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process went very well! Within maybe a week of applying for the position, I heard back from Talent Acquisition and was told that the team was interested in seeing what I had to offer as a candidate, and asked for my availability to schedule a phone interview. I had the phone interview a day later (it was a Friday), and was told that if the team wanted to proceed with me, Talent Acquisition would get back to me regarding an in-person interview. That following Tuesday, I was asked for my availability to come in for an in-person interview. My interview was scheduled two weeks from that date, as it was most convenient for everyone's schedule. The in-person was a panel-type interview, in which I met and interviewed with four members of the team I would be working with, and finally Talent Acquisition at the very end to go over logistics. The first four individual meetings were 45 minutes each, and the final was 30 minutes. The bulk of the interview questions were either behavior-based in order to get a feel for who I was as a professional and individual, or "Tell me about a time when--" questions. In addition to gauging suitability for the position, the company also wants to see that you embody what they stand for, what they do, and what you can bring to the table to help them with their mission. I was told that if the team wanted to proceed with me, I would hear back shortly thereafter and be asked for references. A week later, Talent Acquisition reached out to me for my references, which I completed right away, and the following day, I received the offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your current experience, and tell me about a time when you had to use data analysis.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you ran into an issue with the data you were using, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods.

Interview

The interview was conducted at the university. After getting through that I was contacted by HR. I thought the call from HR would be a time to set up interview, but they ended up asking interview questions I wasn’t able to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you disagreed with a group memeber and how you solved it   Answer Question

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable, they asked very normal questions. I had several different interviews with different members of the department, but it didn't feel super rigorous as they all asked similar questions.

Interview Questions

Pinnacle Foods Response

Dec 11, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback! We work hard to make sure our candidates enjoy their time here, and we are glad you had a positive experience. We are happy to hear you have... More

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn about the role. We then had a phone conversation to discuss the role and if my skills matched what they were looking for in a candidate. Immediately after the phone call I scheduled an in-person interview, where I then met with 4 individuals from one of the Brand Teams. About a day or two after my interviews the recruiter scheduled 2 more phone interviews to meet with a few more individuals from the Brand Team.

Interview Questions

Pinnacle Foods Response

Dec 11, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you had a positive experience during your interview. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods in October 2017.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter from Pinnacle, even though the job was for a recently acquired brand in the portfolio. Was told I was a good fit and would be speaking to the hiring manager. Recruiter said I should hear back from him with some times within 24 hours. Two follow up emails over the next week, and I have gotten zero response. Think I dodged a bullet on this one. Too bad the brand was acquired, if this is how the parent company runs their business.

Interview Questions

Pinnacle Foods Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed you had a negative experience, please know that is not the norm here at Pinnacle. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in your... More

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods (Cherry Hill, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

A half day at the facility where the new hire would be working 5 days/week. Interviews were conducted by 5 employees which were a combination of senior managers (one of which would be the new hires manager) and three key members of the business team that would be having direct interaction with the new hire once on board. The interviews were primarily focused on 'fit', meaning personality and how well or easy they would perceive the candidate would be to work with. Secondarily was experience and prior work history type queries. Everyone I met was informed and knew there business process very well and knew what the project was about that required the new hire position. I found everyone friendly and curious. I was left with a very favorable impression.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my current employer?   2 Answers

Nov 21, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We work hard to make sure our candidates enjoy their time here, and we are glad you had a positive experience. We are happy to hear you have joined the Pinnacle team!

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods.

Interview

First round of interview consisted of eight 1-1 interviews with some of the team members as well as potential hiring managers. A long day but positive conversations and all interviewers were respectful & knowledgeable.

2nd round consisted of another 8 interviews, 1-1 with Sr. level of the company. Respectful & Knowledgeable as well. Talent clearly exists at the company. 16 interviews seemed a bit overkill, but rather nice to see time and energy put into candidates.

However, new HR leadership a complete and utter disaster: unprofessional practices during interview process & toxic!

Associate Food Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I first got contacted by HR, had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an on-site interview with 5 other people, and finally a call from HR with a job offer. The entire process only took 3 weeks as they move very quickly on their decisions. They ask pretty typical behavioral questions, just be sure to have examples/results from past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a deadline that was moved forward and what you did to finish the task on time.   Answer Question

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I spent a half day in an interview room with interviewers rotating to me. Styles ranged from pure conversations, to behavioral questions, to competency questions. Regardless of style, the atmosphere was relaxed, cordial, but professional.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important lines of a P&L (asked by a couple people)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I got an email from their Talent Acquisition Coordinator to set up a phone interview. I was asked basic questions about my background. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. Then I got asked to come in for an in person interview to be interviewed by one of the engineers I would be working under.