Pinnacle Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process went very well! Within maybe a week of applying for the position, I heard back from Talent Acquisition and was told that the team was interested in seeing what I had to offer as a candidate, and asked for my availability to schedule a phone interview. I had the phone interview a day later (it was a Friday), and was told that if the team wanted to proceed with me, Talent Acquisition would get back to me regarding an in-person interview. That following Tuesday, I was asked for my availability to come in for an in-person interview. My interview was scheduled two weeks from that date, as it was most convenient for everyone's schedule. The in-person was a panel-type interview, in which I met and interviewed with four members of the team I would be working with, and finally Talent Acquisition at the very end to go over logistics. The first four individual meetings were 45 minutes each, and the final was 30 minutes. The bulk of the interview questions were either behavior-based in order to get a feel for who I was as a professional and individual, or "Tell me about a time when--" questions. In addition to gauging suitability for the position, the company also wants to see that you embody what they stand for, what they do, and what you can bring to the table to help them with their mission. I was told that if the team wanted to proceed with me, I would hear back shortly thereafter and be asked for references. A week later, Talent Acquisition reached out to me for my references, which I completed right away, and the following day, I received the offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your current experience, and tell me about a time when you had to use data analysis.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you ran into an issue with the data you were using, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I got an email from their Talent Acquisition Coordinator to set up a phone interview. I was asked basic questions about my background. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. Then I got asked to come in for an in person interview to be interviewed by one of the engineers I would be working under.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I found the interview process to be pretty straightforward and comparable to other ones I've had. I applied through a recruiter and was brought in for a day of one-on-one interviews with several of the brand directors, as well as HR. The questions were mainly around culture fit with the company, with a couple of the interviewers asking about past experience using the skills needed for the role and a business case. I heard back in about a week and they were very helpful and accommodating with arranging my relocation. Overall I felt the process moved quickly and was well put together.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a piece of feedback you'd received on a previous performance review and your response.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods in February 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiters at a career fair, had an on campus interview. The interview was mainly resume based, where they asked me about my background and relevant experience. Overall., it seemed easy because the recruiter was extremely nice about the whole process and he explained a lot about the company as well.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter who organized a phone interview with a Marketing Director. The interview was about 45 minutes long and it was very straightforward. He was very calm, inviting over the phone. The interview questions were fairly common.

Interview Questions

• What makes you passionate about marketing?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Your brand is losing market shares. What is the first thing you do?
      Answer Question

Cos Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fennville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods (Fennville, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online at the end of July. Had a phone interview a few weeks later. In mid-August I had a face-to-face interview with the controller, plant manager, and HR manager. In mid-September I had a phone screen with the regional controller, and was offered the job at the end of September.

The phone interview was pretty easy...no real hard questions. The face-to-face interview follows a standard corporate regime of questions testing integrity, honesty, critical thinking, decision making, etc. Lots of "tell me about a time when..."

The interview was long and was one of the more challenging interviews I've ever had. The situational questions were definitely advanced, and they were looking for examples from both professional experience and academic experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with people of diversified backgrounds to come up with a consensus solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods.

Interview

Very detailed. Panel type interview with 4 other people. They were inviting and I was able to stay calm. They asked about 50 questions based on their needs and mine as well. The interview graded and a tour was given after. We walked the facility to get a better understanding of what goes on on a day-to day basis. I was given the proper PPE to be able to enter the shop floor. I was shown the walking path to stay on due to safety reasons. All in All a successful experience.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? that was the most challenging question given.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods.

Interview

Brief Phone Interview (Was contacted by a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn).
    1 1/2 Days of Onsite Interviews - 13 people total - Generally 30 to 45 minutes long
    Caliper Cognitive Assessment

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavioral Questions asked by people from many cross functional departments   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, Plant Visit, HQ visit, 1st Rejection, Phone interview scheduled with VP a month later, which was reschedule 20 minutes prior. Next phone interview 10 days later. Interview cancelled 1 hour prior. Job offered to someone else. 2nd Rejection per recruiter.

What did I do to deserve this? Very unprofessional. Inconsiderate with my time preparing for the phone interviews and to cancel last minute twice. Would of been more considerate to call and explain the situation and provide some feedback given the effort that I put in to it.

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pinnacle Foods in October 2015.

Interview

Very organized and professional organization. They had a very diverse interview panel. The panel was willing to details about the role as well as strengths and opportunities within their organization.