Pinterest Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 424 of over 424 interviews

Recruiter13%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (Dublin, Dublin) in May 2021

Interview

I received an email inviting me for interview about 6 weeks after submitting my resume through the referral program. First stage was an initial phone screen call with the recruiter. She was very welcoming and ensured I had time for questions and didn't feel rushed. Next stage was a video interview with the hiring manager who was very informative and clear about the role. Her passion for her role and her team was very obvious and it make me even more definite that I wanted the role. Next stage was 4 x 30 min interviews with cross functional colleagues I would be working with in my day to day if I got the role. Although it's intense, Pinterest prepare you. At all times in my communication the recruiter continuously asked if there was anything she could facilitate to make the candidate experience better. The one request I made was to spread out those multiple interviews over 2 days instead of all in one. She was happy to facilitate this and was so helpful. She also helped speed up the process for me as I had another job offer but Pinterest was my first choice. All in all this was one of the best candidate experiences I've ever had and I can't wait to join the team.

Interview Questions
  • Why this role?
    Answer Question
10 people found this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

The process was straightforward. I connected with a Marketing manager who appointed me to a recruiter. I sent in my application and received an email that it was not the right match. Overall very to the point.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about past experience.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Pinterest

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Pinterest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

There we quite a few phone screens, rather than video interviews. This seemed a bit off specifically in the virtual workplace world we are in. The role was posted as fully remote, then through conversations was told I would need to commute quite far into an office in a major city and that this was due to change in leadership. Those I spoke to seemed wonderful and a joy to work with, the transparency wasn't there.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? What is the most difficult project you worked on? Tell me about a time someone didn't agree with you.

Pinterest

Application

I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

The initial communication was quick, but then after the first video chat interview it took a while to hear back from them. The video chat interview was uncomfortable because the interviewer didn’t seem interested or engaged so it was like filling out a questionnaire. I’ll chalk it up to a lack of compatibility which is completely acceptable but the experience was negative because of the weird energy that was coming my way.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

It started with an online assignment about data structure and algorithms. The problems were easy to medium (not hard) but the time was not enough to fully check all of them.

Interview Questions
  • data structure and algorithms questions about strings and arrays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I interviewed at Pinterest (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Decent recruitment process, no complaints. We got chatting about developing and maintaining relationships with candidates but I got ghosted by them. ATS systems in 2021 makes it easy to close off with candidates… there’s no reason to ghost. I took this personally since I’m a recruiter myself and we spoke about it. Judging by previous reviews they tend to do this a lot.

Pinterest

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest in Dec 2021

Interview

Talk about the project first. Ask some machine learning questions basic but in detail and not so easy to answer Coding challenge online about a prefix question (Trie tree) need to analysis time complexity

Interview Questions
  • ML basic information such as the liner regression prefix question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2021

Interview

Just the First round: OA. 2 coding problems and 10 multi-choice machine learning basic questions. The difficulty is just fine. As long as you have studied machine learning systematically, you can solve most of them. I got a positive feedback via the email from HR next day, so now I am waiting for the next round.

Interview Questions
  • Basic Machine Learning Questions, including trees, regression, k-Means.

Pinterest

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

I first had a coding challenge and then heard back from them in li a week. I had a call with the recruiter where she just tried to gauge my interest and answer any questions I had. Finally, I had an onsite that felt like a phone screen (just one 1h long interview with a leetcode medium question.

Interview Questions
  • There are prohibited words given to you. Write a program that decides if a string has one of those and return True if so, False otherwise.

Pinterest

Application

I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

Overall very interesting and conversational topics and experience relations. I think that preparation is definitely required in order to be successful and being able to effectively communicate interest in data and data analysis

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (Salt Lake City, UT) in Nov 2021

Interview

4 coding questions with 90 min. The first question is easy but it becomes harder as you go. First question is basically them giving you exact instructions on how to solve the question

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 424 Interviews