Pioneer Investment Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pioneer Investment Management Interview Questions

2.8

Institutional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pioneer Investment Management (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online and contacted for HR screen within a couple of weeks. Went in for first round the following week and second round 4 weeks later. Hiring manager was supposed to interview me during the first round but he ended up not coming into work that day so I was interviewed be two other employees in the department. Scheduled second round interview was cancelled the morning of because of scheduling conflicts. Rescheduled for later in the week. The interviewer had less than a half hour before they had to go into a meeting so the interview was very quick. Followed up with HR every other week for 1 1/2 months and was told that they would have an answer soon. Never ended up hearing back from them. I took time off from current job which included using PTO for the rescheduled interview. The lack of even a notification that I didn't get the job seems well outside of current industry norms and for that matter common courtesy.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pioneer Investment Management (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Behavioral interview focusing on past experience in finance and understanding of financial markets. Focused on past project work as well. First round interview was with an HR representative in the office, and second round was with two analysts over the phone. Both asked behavioral questions primarily and were interested in resume experience.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pioneer Investment Management (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very difficult they wanted to know what you personally invested in and what global markets are attractive to invest in. They weren't friendly or welcoming to talk to. They cut interview short and seemed like you were wasting their time. Met with only tenured important people and know one on the level job was for.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pioneer Investment Management (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2015.

Interview

i applied through a recruitment agency and after agreeing to send my Cv to the company i was called in for an interview after 1hr from submitting the resume'. great start
    re the interview: was originally scheduled to be a 45min meeting with the manager and team leader, it then lasted 1.15hrs
    i was questioned a bit about the companys history, my own background and how i could fit with the job advertised. my knowledge of financial markets and instruments, projects i worked on, previous experience relevant to the current role

Interview Questions

• do you know anything about financial markets and instruments? if so- what are they they and can you describe them   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. i previously agreed on salary with my recruiter (Cv was also submitted for that salary) , i confirmed the same with the interviewers,

Operational Risk Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pioneer Investment Management (Milan (Italy)) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied on the internal website/database job website with the usual CV, motivation letter and other basic info.
    It was an intern position during my last year of master of science in Finance. The position description was very detailed and comprehensive. Later during the actual internship I did actually all that was described there. Later I understood how important it is for all parties involved in the recruitment process to be straight forward and transparent.
    The first interview consisted of direct initial contact with the manager and the person I would support (no HR). Basically it was a background check with questions ranging from motivation for the area of interview (operational risk management in an asset management company), skills, past studies and expectations. The manager was very clear in the objective of the internship hire (6months) with the possibility for a temp contractual hire at the end. The people were nice and made me feel comfortable.
    I would recommend to try and find as much as possible about the job expectations directly from the people that you should work with. If the manager is not clear and exhaustive about job descriptions and expectations then ask ask ask. There should be a mutual fit between the interviewer and the interviewee.
    The second interview was quite similar but with other people I would interact during the internship. It was more a confirmation interview checking for second opinions.
    I was very eager to enter an asset management company so I prepared well about industry, company, corporate structure, fresh news, risk management in general and current issues and directions. The office people seemed very nice and the trip in the elevator was definitely not awkward.
    I was called and offered the internship in an hour after the second interview and started in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for this particular position?   Answer Question
    • Are you available to work in August during usual vacation periods?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the conditions of the internship were clearly stated in the job description document.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pioneer Investment Management in January 2007.

Interview

HR Does the phone screen first. Then go onsite to meet with hiring managers