PitchBook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PitchBook Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PitchBook.

Interview

Phone Interview - Brief call with HR, general employment questions followed by questions about Pitchbook. Very few questions regarding my previous experience. Just a general call to gauge interest in the company.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

One HR-focused phone call and then a longer video interview. The HR questions felt like a checklist, but at least it was short. The video interview was made a bit awkward since I didn't have anywhere good to take it near work; audio-only would have been better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Quick follow-up after application, initial HR phone screening, 1.5 hour Skype interview, personality test, quick "project." Most of the interview process was explaining the position itself which entails around 30+ cold calls and emails to start up verifying information on the platform. "Research" might not be the best word to describe this position. Seem to be nice people, and do a good job explaining the position itself.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewer asked about PE/VC funding cycles.
    First Round: Read news pieces and questions were asked based on what was read.
    Second Round: HR round related to personal introduction
    Third Round: Technical Round deeper questions related to private equity, joint ventures, M&A and venture capital. Some basic finance questions too such as what is EBITDA, etc
    Fourth Round: Client Round over the phone. Questions same as technical round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had phone interview, then I was given a interview project. I was asked about what I know about the company. Since I did some research, I answered that question. However, then I was asked what's difference between two finance terms. (I applied for a software engineer job, just saying.) Glad I have some finance majored friends, so I answered that questions. Then I was given a project to complete.

It took me about five days to complete this project, and I did great follow up as well as communication with them. However, I got rejected with no feedback about the project I did. It was a at least one day project for people who has worked on the same topic before.

I think it's a polite/reasonable thing to do to provide with some feedback to candidate who spent their time on the project. I followed up the email with my request for feedback, then I realized the email was sent by a no-reply email.

At that point, it was more an insult than just a rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

online application, quick response from recruiter for a phone interview within one week, follow up in person interview at seattle office that involves a project showcasing skills and abilities.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial call with Recruiter to understand the requirement, salary expectations etc.. She then gave me a small project related to web scraping and outputting the data in a particular format. Submitted it via email and received a telephonic interview with a Software Engineer. I was given the name of a different person from the one that interviewed me. He asked me a hard leetcode level question in one hour interview. I believe they need to understand that even Google and Facebook do not ask such level of questions. Not really sure what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode Q321. Create Maximum Number

Given two arrays of length m and n with digits 0-9 representing two numbers. Create the maximum number of length k <= m + n from digits of the two. The relative order of the digits from the same array must be preserved. Return an array of the k digits. You should try to optimize your time and space complexity.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen; two separate interviews with senior members of the team; a take-home test; a panel discussion regarding my test findings and general industry trends; a personality test; reference checks.

Interview Questions

• What metrics would you use to measure the performance and trends of the private equity market in general?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA).

Interview

They were looking for a UX Designer with the ability to learn and be coached which is exactly what I was looking for. The first initial phone interview went well. I made it to the second round but the Lead failed to ask the right questions to get the answers he's looking for. The questions were aimed at professionals who had experience. Their philosophy is to hire recent college graduates or professional early in their career with little to no experience. The questions should have been to gauge the level of knowledge and potential of the candidate.

Towards the end, PitchBook was quick to kill the conversation and didn't allow an opportunity to thank the people involved. It felt rude and unprofessional. Once the position is filled, they shut the door. Their job listing is also misleading. At the time of this writing, their requirement says "At least zero years (0) of experience as a UX Designer or similar role ". If this is true, ANYONE would qualify. In the end... they were looking someone with some experience and without experience, still didn't get an offer in either case.

Interview Questions

• What's The Difference Between Private Equity And Venture Capital?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The initial steps of the interview process went well and were as expected. Though before the onsite interview, I was asked to do a 'test project'. Though the test project was pretty close to real-world and definitely relevant for the area I was interviewing for. Seemed odd, but all was going very positively. Then at the interview was asked a lot of questions about how I would implement my design. Again, all went very positive, though it felt less like an interview, and more like a consulting engagement. When leaving the interview, the thought that popped up in my head, was not about how well that the interview went, but that it felt like I should be sending them an invoice. Then to top it all off, they didn't even reimburse me for the $22 parking fee that I had to pay at their building. After the interview, the recruiter contacted me back to say that they really liked me and thought I was a really strong candidate but that they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Put together a presentation or paper, including a design diagram, feature list and spec, that will be reviewed in the in-person interview. Then in interview was to go over this in detail and questions on how and what other considerations I evaluated in my design.   Answer Question