Pittsburgh Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pittsburgh Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pittsburgh Public Schools

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Public Schools.

Interview

They contacted my previous employers and references before they scheduled an interview with me. They were late in emailing me files. On the day of the interview, I showed up in the morning and saw about 20 other job applicants who were interviewing for a few positions. Employees had unhappy facial expressions and hardly spoke to each other. They had another applicant take up most of my interview time. In the afternoon, interviewers asked me three questions. They stared at their papers and barely glanced at me. The pay that initially seemed decent then seemed very low when I found out that the employees worked very long hours.

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Public Schools.

Interview

Competitive, have to be placed on a list for subject area. Many people apply for these positions. Very hard to get an interview. People will pass you on list for graduating from a city school even if they applied after you.

Interview Questions

• What kind of assessments have you utilized for data driven instruction   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Public Schools.

Interview

standard procedures. skills test, onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Public Schools (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first interview was with the school principal, the district department supervisor, and a board member. It was a basic, introductory interview.

My second interview was a sample lesson. The principal and district department supervisor acted as students in my classroom.

The third interview was basically an opportunity for me to ask questions about the job and the principal to ask final questions.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything.

Workers Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Public Schools (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2008.

Interview

1 on 1 interview followed by call back for panel interview. Job offer came shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Position was on a salary schedule. No negotiations.