Planet Beach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Planet Beach Interview Questions

Interviews at Planet Beach

2.1

SPA Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Beach in October 2012.

Interview

I had originally been a member when the new owner took over and she asked what I did and I told her I was a bartender and she asked me to bring in my resume if I would ever be interested in working there. I brought my resume but she had about a stack to go through. She had called me about 3 months later for an interview and I went in and talked to her. She called me that night offering me a job.

Anonymous Employee in Saint John, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Beach (Saint John, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Asking previous experience with other employer of the store, how the store was run day-to-day, desired pay. The interview was in-person in a restaurant setting. They explained the changes they were making to the store considering there was a change in ownership.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Planet Beach (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2012.

Interview

For the interview the questions were very basic questions such as: "Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?" or "Have you worked in retail before?" and maybe "Have you ever used a Planet Beach and do you know what it stands for." type of questions. I would suggest looking through the Planet Beach website to get a basic idea of all the company has to offer, since it is more than a tanning salon.

Interview Questions

• The only question in the interview that caught me off guard was when the interviewer picked up a stapler and asked me to sell it to her. After obtaining the position, working there for 2 years, and being promoted to Spa Director and being the one to interview the potential employee, I learned that this is just a fun tacit to see how the person will react on their toes and since it is a sells position to be able to sell anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Planet Beach (New Orleans, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easier on my end because I was previously a member and I had built a relationship with my Spa Director. She was always very positive, helpful, well-trained and always encouraged me to ask questions. The interview was more in depth of our everyday conversations when I was a member but more work/skill related and what my goals and aspirations were... Hannah is amazing!

SPA Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Beach in November 2014.

Interview

Really laid back and casual. Only asked me a few questions on my work background, if I had any experience with retail and then asked when I would be able to start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Minimum wage + commission.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Planet Beach (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very easy, and straightforward. A lot of information all at once. However, not hard to learn you just need to have the drive and dedication. Overall it was a pleasant experience. The owner is very nice but professional at the same time.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Planet Beach (Covington, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

Super straightforward! Go in upbeat and bubbly, positive and like you're ready to work. That's the kind of attitude they like in an employee. Be willing to learn and take instruction and dress really trendy and cute. Remember, attending Planet Beach is a luxury, and you need to tress nice. It's a spa! If you don't look fantastic, what does that say about the spa?

Interview Questions

• What's your experience, availability and strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Planet Beach (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Very casual and comfortable conversation. Direct explanation of the position and questions were based more on getting to know me and discerning if I was a fit for the staff and the expectations of the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about why you applied for this position and why you'd like to work here   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harahan, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Planet Beach (Harahan, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy, and personable. There wasn't any extra office space, so we interviewed in the Lobby. I was able to ask as many questions as I wanted. It seemed like an inviting, fun atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Beach (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

First you get a call from the manger, then you set your interview up, You will get a script to memorize, role play, sometimes they will give you a random object and ask you to sell it, stapler, chair, pen etc.... They will give you a tour and a list of the products and services they offer.