Plante Moran Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plante Moran (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I interviewed with both partners that I would be supporting and the HR Generalist in one day, followed by personality and assessment tests. The interviews came first, followed by skills tests (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and then personality and the Wonderlic test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were faced with working with a difficult person, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plante Moran.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting system. Pre-interview networking event the night before the interview. Interviewed with two people, one from tax and one audit. They were newer to the company and very friendly. I was comfortable and the interview was more like a conversation. Did not hear back at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict in a group setting and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Cybersecurity Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plante Moran in October 2017.

Interview

Interview 1: Phone call or on campus visit. Primarily behavior questions; they want to test your knowledge of the company.

Interview 2: 3 in-person interviews lasting 3 minutes each. Behavioral questions dominate this section as well, with one or two basic technical questions. They just want to see if you have great communication skills along with a willingness to learn. Just stay calm, relax, and ensure you do your homework on the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you dealt with a team obstacle and how you resolved that problem   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plante Moran (East Lansing, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Very comfortable setting, gave basic information about the company and tried to gauge if I would be a good fit. Almost simply a 30 min conversation going back and forth.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you had to work with people who were difficult to work with, and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Plante Moran (Elgin, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very comfortable interview. The interview was rather lengthy, as I had to meet with 4 different staff members. But it was a very comfortable environment and I felt welcomed by everyone I encountered. Not intimidating at all!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plante Moran in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career website. I got a call from the recruiter the next day to provide more information (my past transcripts), and I scheduled a phone screening for the next week. The interview (phone screening) was easy-going and consisted of a few behavioral questions. I was immediately offered the chance to participate in their summer leadership program, Expo, at the end of the interview. I did not have anymore interviews after the one phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What are three things you look for when choosing a firm?
      Tell me about a time when you gave a successful presentation and what you think made it successful.
      Tell me about a time when you struggled with something and how you overcame the obstacle.
      Why Plante Moran?
      What are your long and short term goals for both your personal and professional life?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plante Moran (Bloomington, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through our career site at IU after I attended the career fair and spoke with one of their employees. The interview was held on campus 2 weeks later, and I knew within a week. The interview was very relaxed and mostly me asking them questions.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral questions:
      Talk about a time when you had a difficult teammate?
      Talk about a time when you were a mentor for someone?
      Talk about a time when you were proud of your work?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Plante Moran in October 2016.

Interview

I had an on campus interview after attending a job fair and speaking with a recruiter. It was thirty minutes long and consisted of standard behavioral questions. There were no tricky questions. They just asked about your leadership ability and greatest accomplishment. They just want to know if you will be a good fit for the company. I got a call back the next day about scheduling an office visit.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plante Moran (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

There were many questions in a short amount of time. The interview was not very conversational, it was more about asking questions and getting answers. The lady was very stern in the questions she asked.

Interview Questions

• After your time as an intern, would you accept a full time position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think it will take you more than 4 years to get 150 hours to sit for your CPA exam?   Answer Question
    • Name your proudest moment?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plante Moran (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Was invited on campus to meet with a recruiter. Was then asked about background and future goals. Was told that they would reach out with a decision, after being given a business card by the partner. After writing a thank you note, never heard back again until they emailed a rejection notice. Did not feel too bad about this as the company has a reputation for being full of jerks, which is counter to the "jerk-free" image they try to promote