Platfora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Platfora

3.1

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Platfora in February 2015.

Interview

Half a day in the office meeting multiple people for about an hour each. The team is high caliber (at least one PhD and a former college professor) with lots of database internals experience.

Interview Questions

• A coding task that can be solved using dynamic programming techniques. An algorithmic question that can be thought through , especially if you have search engine indexing background.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Platfora.

Interview

phone interview -----
    the recruiter first introduced the company and then asked you questions about your back ground, current offers, preferences. When I asked her questions, she was impatient. kind of unpleasant and shrewd, with a tart tone.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Platfora in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Scheduled a telephonic interview after completing online Hackerank Coding Challenge which consisted of 3 Data structure questions. I was asked about my background, and one simple question based on arrays. The downside was the phone interview was not on collabedit etc., so i had to talk through the solution over the phone.

Staff QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Platfora in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process begins with an initial phone call with the recruiter. Following by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. If all goes well after that, you are invited onsite for an all day interview with 5 to 7 engineers.

Interview Questions

• If your background is a direct fit for the job that you applied you'll find the interview questions straight forward. But expect basic data structure, programming and algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Undisclosed Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Platfora.

Interview

All of my interactions with this company were unprofessional and I found the employees to be bitter and disorganized. I can't imagine anyone wanting to continue the interview process with them let alone join their company. One of the people I spoke with had just joined the company. I looked that person up recently and noticed that he/she left the company after being there only a few months. That speaks volumes.

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Platfora (San Mateo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went onsite for an interview. The interview went well but they came back saying that they were into "all" sorts of technologies/ui frameworks and that I did not have enough knowledge about "all" of them. One of the interviewers even argued about how one of the technologies they were using were far superior to all others out there! He was just so arrogant and ignorant!

They reached me after a year and I simply rejected the offer to meet them again!

Frontend Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Platfora.

Interview

HR will contact you to set up engineering team member. In the call they gave some information about what Platfora does and what intern does. During the call, they sent me link to collabedit.com for shared text editor. They asked one logical puzzle question on editor. I messed up, interviewer solved it and explained to me.That's all. If selected further there would be a 90 minute coding test and one more technical round.

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Platfora (San Carlos, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone by the head of Inside Sales, then a week later had an interview with the Global Head of Sales, then a 4 hour in person interview. They promised to send me an offer, but then got back to me and said I was over qualified and a flight risk.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What have you done before? How does this advance your career?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Platfora in July 2015.

Interview

There was pretty long process.
    First was online task for 45mins - solved
    Second - onsite - Algo + JS + CSS (3h) - solved
    After that manager asked to do one more online task (2h) - solved

And in the end I've got email that I'm really good but they want to go with another person.

Director Technical Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Platfora (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Telephone interview with outsourced recruiter followed by phone screen with one of the team members. On-site interview with people in demand generation, customer marketing, and product marketing. Debrief by in-house recruiter. Interview with SE and QA Manager. Technical test involving installing a Hadoop cluster and using the Platfora product to do some analysis

Interview Questions

• Doing a technical test involving installing a Hadoop cluster and using the Platfora product to do some analysis   1 Answer