Plato's Closet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Plato's Closet Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plato's Closet (Modesto, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and I waited about a month from the time I applied to the time I got called for an interview. A friend of mine who worked there at the location I applied told the manager about me and recommended that I was selected for an interview. It helps having connections to the store. On the day of the interview (I was interviewed even before the store opened for business), I came in trendy clothing that showed that you're not lazy with fashion, and the assistant manager told me to sit until more people arrived (it was a group interview). When everybody came for the time slot, the manager took us back to her office and we all sat in a circle, and she asked us questions basically to get us to know better. After those few questions, she said that she'd call us within a few days whether we get a face to face interview or not. Sadly, nobody in our group made it, and they were interviewing the whole week, and 2 people ended up being hired.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Plato's Closet (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview was very brief and basic, the company is not a very serious company. Most poeple hired are family members of the workers there so the interview process is usually a mere formality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

For what it seems, the process has several stages. One of these stages is a group interview. They will interview you along other potential employees. The questions were basically about yourself and opinions. Be confident, and relax. c:

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Plato's Closet (Macon, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called back for my first interview the day I brought my application in which was a Monday, and I was told that I would get a call to schedule another interview with the assistant manager and the full manager. I got this call on Wednesday and we set up a time for Friday. After I was interviewed Friday, they told me that I would get a call that day if I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation yet. Have to get a background check first. Just dress like you came in to work. Be trendy, and act happy. Make sure you talk because they don't like you to be quiet .

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plato's Closet (Fairview Heights, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a fine an short interview she was nice and had face to face interview asked me common questions. She also asked me questions about the store before even working and how its organized she tried to get to know me more by asking me questions about pets and she also had pets that made us have things in common

Part-Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plato's Closet (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went very well, so well in fact I got offered the job on the spot. It wasn't so much the interview that went poorly it was the follow up. I received the job at the end of my interview and was told I would be given a call within a week or two when my background check came back clear. Two weeks went by and no phone call, so I called the manager who hired me to check on the status of my background check. There were some complications and the company lost my papers. The manager resent my papers to the head of the company and weeks went by and no phone call. I called once a week to check up on the status of my background check and all I heard was "we haven't heard anything back yet". I knew the store I applied to wanted me as an employee because they told me they hoped I wouldn't look for another job because they wanted me, so I wasn't sure why I wasn't starting. I didn't look for other jobs because this one seemed to be a sure thing. It has been over two months and I haven't heard anything from the company. I turned down three other jobs for this one. This is very disappointing and unacceptable. I loved Plato's Closet and spent a lot of my money there. This definitely changed my positive views on this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Plato's Closet (Spokane, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Application is online and you have to print it out and fill it out by hand them deliver to the store in person. They call back to set up for an interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plato's Closet (Fargo, ND).

Interview

Really easy, met with Manager who was laid back. Took me into the employee break room to interview. Cramped space, but overall manager was nice. Asked me questions related to my previous experience. They really needed workers so as long as you are friendly, and have your own transportation they are likely to hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plato's Closet (Sanford, FL).

Interview

It started when I turned my application in. The manager on shift asked me a few simple questions about my availability, styles I wear and stuff like that. Then they called the next day to set up a group interview. The interview was me and two other girls. They started by sending you to the sales floor to find an outfit that represents your style. Then it was a big group conversation type of interview and was very casual. They asked basic questions like how would you handle a rude customer, ect. Then after that they said they'd call If they were interested. I got a call a few days later for a working interview. It was basically learning the basics of the store and how to run clothes from the return rack to the sales floor. The next day they called to start filling out paper work and now I'm happily employed.

Interview Questions

• Explain your type of style and what trends are in at the moment.   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Plato's Closet in October 2016.

Interview

The overall interview was great. The man interviewing me was very laid back and made the process very easy. The only thing that was odd was that you were required to take "The Boston Test" which I had never heard of. After Googling it I was kind of skeptical on what kind of company I was getting into. After 8 days they called me back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to calm down an irate customer and what did you do to solve the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were not permitted. The owner of the store made it clear that I was privileged to be getting $10 an hour.