Plum Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Plum Market Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.0

Sous Chef Interview

Interview

I interviewed for a sous chef position for $42,000/year and was told to go to the airport on a Saturday for a working interview at 6 am. I spent 6 hours working for free just to be offered an hourly cook job for next to nothing AND they wouldn't validate my $23 parking fee. This place is a corporate joke. Don't waste your time or your money.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Plum Market (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, yet tough questions about "what if" scenarios were asked. I did not feel anxious or stressed during the interview, and job expectations were very clearly stated. I met with both the store manager and the team leader. Both were very pleasant and I knew I would feel very comfortable working with them and the team at Plum Market.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plum Market (Farmington Hills, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Don't waste your time applying. I had a horrible interview experience with Plum Market. I was emailed and asked to set up a time to come and interview at the Farmington Hills office. My interview time was set up for 9 a.m. on my only day off of work that given week. As I grabbed my phone to head out the door for my interview, I noticed I had a voicemail. The voicemail was from the recruiter (or whatever title she has) Jennifer, notifying me that she was not going to be able to make it to the interview. This was an hour before the scheduled interview time. I rescheduled for the following week and ended up coming into the office to see many miserable faces. I waited in the lobby for a half hour past my scheduled interview time because one of the three interviewers was late. I was asked a series of scripted questions that the interviewers read off. I did not receive any notification and called after almost two weeks. Only to find out that they had moved on and didn't bother to notify me. Rejection is fine, however, unprofessionalism is not.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plum Market (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Originally went to interview for a cashier but ended with a different position. Interview was quick and easy. Had to fill out a paper application and then had the interview which was pretty short and lasted about only 10 minutes.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plum Market (West Bloomfield, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process overall was very laid back, management was very straight forward and didn't do the cliche interview questions we've all heard. It was just a friendly conversation that was pretty open to ask any questions you want.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good fit for our team at plum market.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Interview

I received an e-mail from the team leader about 4 days after applying online. We comunícated over email to set un an interview time/date. When I arrived there seemed to be some confusion but once the interview started it went fine. After the team leader asked a few basic questions, I had a short interview with the department leader. After that I talked to the team leader again and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty basic. Why should we hire you, what do you expect from the supervisors, background information, etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Plum Market.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who already had a job there and I filled out the application online.
    Took an initial phone interview which was mostly just "getting to know you" questions (past work experience, how do you know the friend who referred you, etc) then I was asked to come in for the more formal interview.
    Everything was pretty standard.
    "Tell me about a time where you had to make an important work decision."
    "Who was your best boss and why?"
    "Have you ever had to deal with a coworker you didn't get along with."

Interview Questions

• "Are you comfortable working for a company owner who can be irrational and extremely rude sometimes?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you ask for what you're worth, and don't start the job until you get it.

Deli & Cheese Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plum Market (West Bloomfield, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

There were 3 interviews because I was applying for a management position although there seems always at least 2 interviews for any future employee. They did not let me know that they had filled position already by 3rd interview. Instead I wad told and then offered a foot in the door position.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Plum Market (Bloomfield Township, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

It is a 3 stage interview. First you interview with the Assistant Store Manager. She'll tell you the entire history of Plum and act like it's the most amazing company on the planet. Once she likes you, you move on to the Store Manager. He isn't as warm or talkative. If he likes you, you'll interview with the Team Leader of the department.

Produce Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Plum Market (West Bloomfield, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Oniine questionare/personality test, initial meeting with hr rep, 2nd meeting with department management, lots of paper work to fill out. No formal training, ill treatment from management, couching after 2 weeks, poor treatment by store owners.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They start their workers as low as possible