Pluralsight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pluralsight Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2018

3.2

Course Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

Video interview with the person to whom I would be reporting. Took about 45 minutes and focused on my experience, management philosophy, and career goals. Very pleasant and friendly. Ended with a question about compensation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight in January 2018.

Interview

I had a 30 minute conversation with an HR Recruiter. I was asked about my technology background and what led me to apply to Pluralsight. I did a lot of prep for this by making sure to read about the company's values, mission, and the values of the CEO. I detailed how well that resonated with me, and how Aaron Skonnard's vision for the future of education is something inspiring to me and how I hoped my skill set could apply to that.

I was told I would hear back about moving forward in the process no later than a certain date, and 4 days later I was sent a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Where are you in your job search and what is criteria for a new job?   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herriman, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Herriman, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

This is a long process. Very thorough and thus Pluralsight gets the top talent. First was a 30 min call with the recruiter to go over the position. I was then asked to meet the VP for an hour, turned into 2 hours. Both went well and was asked to come in and meet the teams, peers, etc. I was in the office for 6 hours. Each interview last 45 mins to 1 hour. I was kept in the loop daily after the interviews and received an offer about a week later. Although this process is not fast in the slightest, all the people I met were great! Made the process a lot more enjoyable.

Course Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Orem, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

75 days.

1 phone interview, 1 indvidual interview, 1 technical interview, 1 panel interview, 1 case interview, more than a dozen follow-ups, and countless hours of preparation for the second most difficult interview of my career. This is a mid-level management position.

The people with whom I interviewed were nice, and my rejection letter was written directly by the hiring manager, which is much better than I've received on other rejections as of recent.

It's well known that hiring times have increased, but 75 days is exorbitant. Considering the level of position, the amount of effort committed, it would be a lie to say I'm anything less than disappointed in the complete disregard to the human aspect of the hiring process.

Even when proactive steps are taken (diligently applying for other jobs, continued networking, etc), it should not be expected that candidates should have to wait multiple months to determine whether or not they are going to able to keep their house.

It's unprofessional to leave candidates hanging for such a long time, but it also suggests that the company is incapable of making decisions and my desire to apply for them again has completely vanished. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way, but it also means Pluralsight severely limits their available talent pool as they continue this type of hiring practice.

Interview Questions

• It is Pluralsight's goal to double the amount of published authors. How would you go about this process? (Case Interview)   Answer Question
    • Teach a lesson of your choice using modern Learning Design principles in the same manner as Pluralsight. (Panel Interview)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

A couple phone calls and video interviews. Team members, Director, VP, CRO interviews. This was a very special team that I interviewed with. They are very upfront with their thoughts and beliefs. There is a strong culture there, and it is important that they find an appropriate fit.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pluralsight (South Jordan, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took around 2 month. A phone interview w/ recruiter for 30 min, then a hour video interview w/ hiring manager. Then I got invitation to go onsite. The onsite interview last for almost 4 hours and I met w/ hiring manager, other managers, designers, PMs and dev teams.

The interview was not too difficult and everyone was able to provide feedbacks and left me enough time asking questions. It was more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Standard design questions. They care a lot about ux process.   Answer Question

Enterprise Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The entire process was conducted either over the phone or video conferencing. I had submitted my resume and heard back within a few days. After a phone screen with the recruiter, I met with the Department Head then the hiring Manager and finally 2 other members of Sales Org (Regional Manager and Sales Engineer). The recruiter did a great job to check in and provide answers to any questions along the way. Great experience... and why I chose this opportunity over another offer I had on the table.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you worked with a customer to help achieve their goals/KPIs.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

Consisted of three parts. The first was a pair programming exercise with a current employee, this was a very easy coding challenge. Next was a more technical interview. Here I was basically asked about current projects I was working on and things that I was learning. If you are passionate about programming and have interesting things that you are working on or learning about and can speak on them in detail you will do well. The last part was a culture interview where I don't think I did as well. These were questions such as 'how have you made a customer happy?', 'how have you resolved a workplace conflict?', 'what is the main thing you look for in a company?' etc... These were questions I haven't thought much about and caught me off guard a bit. I liked the interview process, it was all very practical. None of the typical esoteric CS questions you might normally get in an interview.

Interview Questions

• The pair programming challenge was the parsing of a string of numbers by different delimiters and then summing the numbers.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a coding assignment to make a small module, which led to a phone conversation with a manager. There was then an on-site interview for about 3 hours where we pair programmed an exercise on the front and back end with Node/Express and ReactJS. I wasn't fully expecting the React portion but it was welcome and we happily moved through it. The team was really welcoming and accepting of the fact that I may need to look at documentation for Express/React to make sure I was using either of them correctly, and the challenge was fun. We wrapped up a couple of days later when I had an hour long culture call with the VP of Engineering.

Software Craftsman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Farmington, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Brief telephone interview with recruiter
    2. Coding exercise (sent via email and replied via email)
    3. Video interview with team (About an hour with lots of technical questions)
    4. On-site interview with team (Included lunch, interview, pair programming, and Q & A)