Pluralsight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pluralsight Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

3.2

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

The process was really fast and very comfortable. The people are kind and thoughtful. I had two interviews prior to receiving an offer. The first interview was with the main person I would be working with and a VP. The second round was with the CPO and another VP. Then I met with the rest of the team I was to be working with. Everyone I met was kind and thoughtful. They respected my time and provided ample opportunity for me to ask questions throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• Share how you have conducted research with past projects.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Remote, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Began with initial screening with HR around basics; background, experience, education, intangibles. Discussed basics of the role, responsibility, structure, company culture. Each stage was thorough, the objectives were clear at each stage and it definitely helped to have done background research on the company, the competition how you can apply your talent, education, experience and intangibles to sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• What's something people in sales must be able to do to ensure success? What's a negative trait that can derail sales reps from achieving their goals.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

Phone interview. Was told I would be a great fit & asked if I would be available for a live interview. Then the interview was never scheduled and they completed disappeared. Would not respond to my emails. Very unprofessional.

Junior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pluralsight (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Pluralsight seems like a great company and a wonderful place to work by all accounts. I wish I could say the same for their hiring process, and genuinely hope they take the time to address the issues that I had. I went through two of four interview stages, consisting of a phone interview and a coding assessment. After telling me at both stages that they were interested in proceeding with my interview, the recruiter informed me that there were no open positions in my area. Confusing, given that they had taken me through two stages of an interview in response to a job posting. Mind you, they did not say they had filled the position, simply that there was no position to begin with. Hearing this after spending over two months doing my best to keep in touch with recruiters via phone and email, and submitting materials as promptly as possible was a real let down. Ultimately, I felt that Pluralsight failed to respect my time and effort as an applicant.

Interview Questions

• I was given a take home coding assessment of medium difficulty. Accessible to CS and self-taught coders.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight in April 2017.

Interview

Very respectful of time and high value on qualities & characteristics that would define success in the role.

Zero "status quo" lazy recruiting questions that drive passive candidates nuts!

Strong focus matching the goals and objectives of the business to the individuals current sales operation and how they execute day to day.

Strong EQ deployed in process to make passive candidates confident in their decision.

Strong Talent Acquisition GTM strategy where I was profiled as a potential fit, cold in-mailed, and signed an offer within 1 month.

Interview process proved how agile they are as an organization, which ultimately leads to how it will be to sell for them internally.

Interview Questions

• Strong analysis of current sales operation/territory management execution.

Strong analysis of current selling cycle/buyer journey.

Strong analysis on expanding current buyer personas to new personas that due to disruption would be more impacted by their solution.   Answer Question

Federal Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Leesburg, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Sincere, Candid and more interested in the fabric of the person as opposed to traditional practice of focusing solely on resume and experience...they examine potential. There was series of calls with various VPs, Solution architects, and final interview with the CRO.

Software Engineer (Full Stack Focus) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Lehi, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I had to do a code assessment at home and send it in. Then I did a video interview. Then I had to go in for a half day onsite interview.

The process was overkill. They knew what my skill level was after the video interview, and could have saved me the trouble of wasting my day at the onsite interview. I was totally out of my element and exhausted by the end because they hand you off to so many different people. I was interviewed by 10 different people throughout the process, so I found myself repeating the same answers over and over again. The paring sessions were cool but my lack of experience killed me. I am really good with concepts and can learn really fast, but the pairing sessions exposed my unfamiliarity with their stack and development environment. I could learn that stuff in a matter of days, but it was frustrating to look like an idiot when I know I could do the job well if they gave me a chance.

Lastly, the whole place is full of returned LDS missionaries and I definately sensed the missionary culture there. Basically its a big club and if you don't fit in, you don't stand a chance. That culture first mentality is going to lead them toward stagnation and missed opportunities with candidates who are qualifies but think differently.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to Pluralsight?   2 Answers

Software Craftsman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Process involves coding challenge, initial recruiter screen, phone/video screen, and onsite interview. The process took about a month. Everyone is incredibly friendly and pair programming was a blast.
    Compared to other company interviews that I had, this was seriously a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a coding project that you had done before,
      Medium level katas   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight in February 2017.

Interview

* Contacted by HR phone screener, about a month and a half after I submitted an application online. This phone screen took about 10 minutes (I almost gave up because he was 15 minutes late in calling me and sounded very rushed).
    * One week later, had a 1:1 with the hiring manager, via "bluejeans" video conference. This was another basic interview, about projects I had worked on in the past, general data science knowledge. Pretty low-key, and lasted about an hour.
    * Another week later, had a take-home test, looking at some data similar to what they look like in their position and developing a model. Had the chance to do this over a weekend; was about 5-6 hours of work.
    * Then had a group discussion via bluejeans with hiring manager and 5 other team members; all but 2 were at different sites from each other. This took around 3 hours of time. Discussed my take-home project and more general data science questions.
    * I was then invited to come out to Farmington, UT, to have an on-site visit. At this point, I declined to move forward in the process, because the job didn't seem like a good fit for what I enjoy working on. It also seemed like a lateral move rather than a career-jump move, and I didn't want to relocate for this type of move.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about my take-home project; in particular wanted to know about the reasons that I took the approach that I did. I could tell they were coming more from a statistical and economics background for the most part; while I'm more of an engineering and machine-learning hacker type standpoint.

They also had a lot of "ambiguous" questions; by that, I mean questions about ambiguous business situations I might encounter in this position. Wanted to know how well I would do with ambiguous questions I might get from business leaders.   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Farmington, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 7 interviews over the span of 2 months, where after each interview the recruiter waited 2 weeks to get in touch with the hiring manager to set up the next steps. Some hiring managers were very nice where we didn't even talk about the job, it was just a get to know you type of an interview, whereas other managers got hostile and offensive in 1 interview. I love the product but the culture and work environment seems like it is organized chaos. It is for the better that I didn't get hired at Pluralsight. I would not recommend pursuing a career here.