Pluralsight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pluralsight Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2018

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

I got a phone call from a recruiter asking for a quick touch base. I walked her through my projects and background. I dint hear back from her till 4 days. They sent a rejection email after that with out any feedback and any reason.

Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Boston, MA).

Interview

A phone screen was first, then a writing test. After that it was a conversation with the manager, and an in person interview. Things were a little slow moving, and I understood, but once the in person happened, I was completely ghosted. I followed up several times with with recruiter and never got a response. The professional thing to do is to let someone know when they are no longer in consideration. The way that Plural Sight handled this completely turned me off from the company and I have warned others against applying here; if a company is unprofessional enough to see the whole process through, then imagine how they would treat you as an employee.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

I spoke to many different people throughout the process....recruiting, sales, marketing and executives. It was such a great experience and with each interview, my excitement continued to grow. The questions were more around getting to know me professionally and personally.

Interview Questions

• I did not have to answer the typical behavioral questions which was nice. Every person I spoke to was filled with enthusiasm about the company and the mission.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Had phone screen with a recruiter. She rushed through the whole call, giving me one-sentence answers to all of my questions and didn't really ask me anything.

They told me they wouldn't move forward with my application, but frankly I didn't want to move forward after the call either. A recruiter is often the first contact someone has with a company. This experience did not give me a good impression of Pluralsight.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. Initial HR phone screen. Manager phone screen. Code assessment. A very slow process from start to finish taking about 3 weeks total.

Code assessment was average. They claimed it was a new step in the hiring process and asked me to wait for them to generate it. Straight forward assessment building a lightweight package installer (cycle checks, install order, data processing, unit tests). Took a week for them to respond and they did in a rather unprofessional way. What I mean by unprofessional is, very short response saying only that they would not be proceeding with me. No explanation as to why even after I asked the HR representative.

At the very least I expect honest and open communication between myself and the HR rep. I felt in the dark durring the entire process. There was a significant time investment by both parties so a 2 sentence rejection email seems a tad rude.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions for a manager phone screen. Code assessment was building a package installer   1 Answer

Software Craftsman Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (South Jordan, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

There was a simple sample project, followed by an on-site interview. The on-site consisted of 2 hour-long pairing sessions, lunch, a culture fit interview, and a general q&a session. The whole thing lasted 5 hours. From initial contact to accepting the offer was under two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Paired programming sessions that covered basic platform concepts, general background, and testing strategies.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pluralsight in March 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after applying online who eventually flaked out and stopped communicating with me. The recruiter stood me up for a scheduled phone interview and wouldn't respond to emails.

Interview Questions

• Can you have a phone interview tomorrow at 1pm?   1 Answer

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

I submitted my application is the early evening and received a notification that it was read that same evening at 11:00 p.m. I then received an email from the HR recruiter about a phone interview. It was one of the best human resources interviews I have ever had! He was extremely detailed and gave me a wonderful overview of the company, the 5 year vision/plan and everything else in-between. I was very impressed and excited to speak with the hiring manager, which was setup a few days later. She was great, but did mention they were a lot of of applicants. After my thank you emails, it was crickets. I then followed-up a week later with the HR guy and again no response! I was surprised there was no response, I understood the competition was fierce, but before the communication was A+. It is common for the HR reps to get back to you and at least say "we are still deciding" or "we picked someone else", etc. Although I am disappointed by the lack of communication and not getting the job (company does look incredible!), it was still sort of a positive experience. I really loved having the deep dive knowledge into the company - most HR reps that I have spoken to have just barely scratched the surface. Just don't get your hopes up....it seems like an amazing company to work for, so competition is fierce!

Interview Questions

• How are you able to juggle multiple deadlines with projects and how do you decide which projects gets priority?   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herriman, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Herriman, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

This is a long process. Very thorough and thus Pluralsight gets the top talent. First was a 30 min call with the recruiter to go over the position. I was then asked to meet the VP for an hour, turned into 2 hours. Both went well and was asked to come in and meet the teams, peers, etc. I was in the office for 6 hours. Each interview last 45 mins to 1 hour. I was kept in the loop daily after the interviews and received an offer about a week later. Although this process is not fast in the slightest, all the people I met were great! Made the process a lot more enjoyable.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight in January 2018.

Interview

I had a 30 minute conversation with an HR Recruiter. I was asked about my technology background and what led me to apply to Pluralsight. I did a lot of prep for this by making sure to read about the company's values, mission, and the values of the CEO. I detailed how well that resonated with me, and how Aaron Skonnard's vision for the future of education is something inspiring to me and how I hoped my skill set could apply to that.

I was told I would hear back about moving forward in the process no later than a certain date, and 4 days later I was sent a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Where are you in your job search and what is criteria for a new job?   Answer Question