Pluralsight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pluralsight Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2018

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight in January 2018.

Interview

I had a 30 minute conversation with an HR Recruiter. I was asked about my technology background and what led me to apply to Pluralsight. I did a lot of prep for this by making sure to read about the company's values, mission, and the values of the CEO. I detailed how well that resonated with me, and how Aaron Skonnard's vision for the future of education is something inspiring to me and how I hoped my skill set could apply to that.

I was told I would hear back about moving forward in the process no later than a certain date, and 4 days later I was sent a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Where are you in your job search and what is criteria for a new job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Farmington, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

The process started with a phone screening regarding general information and interests.

Next was a video interview with a panel of engineers that covered basic knowledge about the tech stack I'd be working in, and understanding of relevant concepts.

The final interview was a 5 hour on-site. The day started with a one-on-one interview focused on background and cultural fit. That was followed by lunch with a team I might be assigned to. After lunch was a white boarding session focused on explaining technical concepts and diagramming systems. I finished the interview with a pairing session where we solved a Kata like problem. In the pairing session we planned a solution together and both took turns with hands on the keyboard.

The on site felt exhausting, but at the same time felt totally reasonable seeing as every exercise related to the job. I left feeling unsure of how I performed because they did an excellent job of finding the limits of my knowledge.

I was offered the job a day after my on-site.

Interview Questions

• On the whiteboard, could you draw a system you have recently worked with and be prepared to explain some of the decisions behind the system?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a coding assignment to make a small module, which led to a phone conversation with a manager. There was then an on-site interview for about 3 hours where we pair programmed an exercise on the front and back end with Node/Express and ReactJS. I wasn't fully expecting the React portion but it was welcome and we happily moved through it. The team was really welcoming and accepting of the fact that I may need to look at documentation for Express/React to make sure I was using either of them correctly, and the challenge was fun. We wrapped up a couple of days later when I had an hour long culture call with the VP of Engineering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was alright. I had to work on some coding exercise, then was asked to do in-person interview. Time was cut short before they realized I wasn't who they were looking for exactly. To me it was a waste of time, since these issues could have easily been addressed over emails and I wouldn't need to show up at all if they would have been firm about their hiring requirements.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 hour in person interview. First hour was behavioral where they asked me to describe a past project and draw it out on the board. (Looked for clear communication skills as well as command on technical parts of my project). Asked about pros and cons with my design. Last 2 hours were 2 technical questions, where I pair programmed with a developer and used TDD to drive the development.

Account Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight in January 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews with them. The initial phone interview and an on-site interview with Jared and Phil. Phil is very relaxed and easy going. Jared, on the other hand, is quite the opposite. I was mocked for my appearance, and he seemed to have it out for me from the get-go. After the interview, they explained this would end in 1 of 3 ways: an immediate offer, an invite for a second interview, or a pass. They told me, “silence from us is a good thing.” I wrote the recruiter 2.5 weeks later after no word, thinking silence was good, and received a generic email stating they were moving on. I feel like if I never reached in, I never would have heard anything from them.

Interview Questions

• My friend is blind, describe the color green to him?   Answer Question
    • They’ll ask questions about hobbies. After that, they’ll give you that hobby and ask you to sell them on it. For example: fitness, they’ll give you a gym, and you’ll sell them why they should join your gym.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Farmington, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very different from any interview I have been to. They didn't ask me questions about my skill set, they asked me questions about who I am and about how who I am relates to their company and their company core values. It was very casual, more of a conversation than an interview. I loved the interview process and would have loved to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest obstacle you have ever overcome in your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very open although there wasn't a lot of negotiation. In the end we were not able to come to an agreement.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Farmington, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Several Interviews. Focus is job fit, background/experience, and culture. There were several stages in the process. Come prepared to meet with a lot of people as we take pride in our culture and go through the process to make sure we are hiring the right people for the job

ADM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Farmington, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward and extremely kind. They just want new hires to fit in and that you will do everything that you can to help the company. They do not want hot heads in the company or people who are just here to take a check. They want new "family" members and people who will help eachother all the time.

Acquisitions Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Farmington, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I had a 15 minute call to learn about the role and the company. During the call I was invited to the office and had a 1 hour talk with the hiring manager. Typical interview questions were not asked. It was more of a conversation. I was offered the job after I had a call with a member of the executive team making sure I fit with the culture of the company.