Pluralsight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pluralsight Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2018

3.2

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online (LinkedIn), called after couple of days, got phone screening followed by video call technical interview. In the phone screening the HR asked very simple questions. Something around what was your PhD project? My experiences? and in technical interview their asked "Tell me about your self?", "Tell me about Random Forest?"

Interview Questions

• We upload an algorithm and the algorithm is not fast enough. What should you do as a Machine Learning Engineer?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

I got a phone call from a recruiter asking for a quick touch base. I walked her through my projects and background. I dint hear back from her till 4 days. They sent a rejection email after that with out any feedback and any reason.

Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Boston, MA).

Interview

A phone screen was first, then a writing test. After that it was a conversation with the manager, and an in person interview. Things were a little slow moving, and I understood, but once the in person happened, I was completely ghosted. I followed up several times with with recruiter and never got a response. The professional thing to do is to let someone know when they are no longer in consideration. The way that Plural Sight handled this completely turned me off from the company and I have warned others against applying here; if a company is unprofessional enough to see the whole process through, then imagine how they would treat you as an employee.

Product Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and the whole process took about 3 weeks. My first interview was a phone screening. It went on for about 30 minutes and was mainly to assess my cultural fit. The second interview was the final round where they mainly asked technical questions, but there were a few behavioral questions here and there.

I just want to say that I have applied to TONS of companies and never have I had such a rewarding experience. The only reason why I did not accept my offer was that I got another one that was more aligned with what I was looking for this summer. I seriously would not have thought twice about working at this incredible place if it was not for that. There was not a single person that I talked to who was not genuine and caring.

Tips for applying here:
    • BE GENUINE. BE GENUINE. BE GENUINE. I really cannot stress this enough. They will appreciate you saying "I don't know" than making up something on the spot (AKA "lying").
    • Be confident with your skills. You've already passed the resume screening, so they definitely picked you for a reason. Show them that reason!
    • Make sure you research the company and its values. Pluralsight really focus on their values and cultural fit is extremely important for this company; even more so than other companies that I've applied for.
    • Prepare very good questions to ask at the end. It's your chance to shine and show thoughtfulness.
    • Ask the recruiter for tips on how to best prepare for your interview. Ask them what kind of interview you should expect (behavioral/technical). Worst case scenario, they won't give you an answer, but it definitely won't hurt you.

This is definitely one company that totally nailed their recruitment process. I really applaud you for your professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Had phone screen with a recruiter. She rushed through the whole call, giving me one-sentence answers to all of my questions and didn't really ask me anything.

They told me they wouldn't move forward with my application, but frankly I didn't want to move forward after the call either. A recruiter is often the first contact someone has with a company. This experience did not give me a good impression of Pluralsight.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

I spoke to many different people throughout the process....recruiting, sales, marketing and executives. It was such a great experience and with each interview, my excitement continued to grow. The questions were more around getting to know me professionally and personally.

Interview Questions

• I did not have to answer the typical behavioral questions which was nice. Every person I spoke to was filled with enthusiasm about the company and the mission.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. Initial HR phone screen. Manager phone screen. Code assessment. A very slow process from start to finish taking about 3 weeks total.

Code assessment was average. They claimed it was a new step in the hiring process and asked me to wait for them to generate it. Straight forward assessment building a lightweight package installer (cycle checks, install order, data processing, unit tests). Took a week for them to respond and they did in a rather unprofessional way. What I mean by unprofessional is, very short response saying only that they would not be proceeding with me. No explanation as to why even after I asked the HR representative.

At the very least I expect honest and open communication between myself and the HR rep. I felt in the dark durring the entire process. There was a significant time investment by both parties so a 2 sentence rejection email seems a tad rude.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions for a manager phone screen. Code assessment was building a package installer   1 Answer

Software Craftsman Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (South Jordan, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

There was a simple sample project, followed by an on-site interview. The on-site consisted of 2 hour-long pairing sessions, lunch, a culture fit interview, and a general q&a session. The whole thing lasted 5 hours. From initial contact to accepting the offer was under two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Paired programming sessions that covered basic platform concepts, general background, and testing strategies.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pluralsight in March 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after applying online who eventually flaked out and stopped communicating with me. The recruiter stood me up for a scheduled phone interview and wouldn't respond to emails.

Interview Questions

• Can you have a phone interview tomorrow?   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (South Jordan, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

Had three interviews on the phone (four if you include the recruiter) and one in person. The in-person interview lasted 3.5hrs, but me trying to be accommodating accepted. They had me meet with several different people then finally the hiring manager again to wrap it up.

After so many interviews I figured I had to be at least in the top 5 for the position. More than a week had passed from the time I finished my in-person and nothing back from anyone at Pluralsight. (I had been trying to keep in contact and follow the progress of their decision, with no replies to my emails). Finally, after I sent one last email before forgetting about this whole company the recruiter got back to me. He told me he would get someone to look into it from the hiring team. 2 min later I got this email

"Thank you for taking the time to apply for our ____________ position. Our team has had a chance to discuss your qualifications, and while you certainly have an impressive background, we have decided to pursue other candidates whose skills and experience appear to match our requirements more closely at this time."

Just very impersonal for the amount of time that I had invested, and they in me.

So one of three things happened (not including "Not Qualified" because of the amount of interviews I participated in)
    1. The recruiter agency I'm currently with said something to someone at Pluralsight to make it so I didn't get the position.
    2. The friend I had say something for me either said negative things or she just wasn't as liked as she thought she was.
    3. Someone in that 3.5 hr long interview didn't like me.

Either way just a very abrupt ending to one of the longerst drawn out interview processes I have been a part of.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach teaching departments about data, and generally up to speed about how analytics works.   Answer Question