Pluralsight Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 216 of over 216 interviews

Employee Referral17%
Recruiter14%
HardAverageEasy

Pluralsight

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pluralsight in May 2021

Interview

A recruiter contacted me to see if I would be interested to interview. I didn’t really feel like looking for a job, but I’ve heard some positive things about the company. I have 15 years experience and didn’t make it past a phone screening. It’s frustrating that recruiters are spamming people who aren’t even looking just to get more bodies in the door. 0/10

Interview Questions
  • What my work experience was.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Pluralsight (Draper, UT) in Apr 2021

Interview

My time interviewing with Pluralsight consisted of two interviews: an initial interview with a recruiter and a Technical Screening. They went as follows: The Initial Interview: I was invited to a zoom call with a week of lead time. I was dressed for an interview on the day of, and the recruiter called my telephone (late) instead. The interview lasted almost an hour, and I had very few opportunities to speak. I was asked a total of two questions, neither of which was terribly applicable to the job posting ("What do you do in Azure? How proficient are you at Azure?" -- Pluralsight being an AWS shop). I repeatedly tried to ask questions about the position but was interrupted each time. The majority of the dialogue was vaguely personal ruminations from the recruiter about their past job (not Pluralsight) and their current job. I didn't feel like they got any sense of me, nor if my values aligned with Pluralsight's values. At the end of the interview I did get to ask some questions, but almost none of them were answered (the recruiter didn't have any details about the position, they suggested that I'd need to save my questions for the technical interview). Apparently this interview went well, as I moved on to the next stage (a tech screening with an engineer) which was scheduled for a few days later. On the day of my interview, it was a no-show from Pluralsight/the engineer. There was no call or message explaining the no-show beforehand. The individual in charge of scheduling that I eventually reached out to was apologetic and scheduled an interview for later in the day with a different engineer. This second attempt at a tech interview was the best part of the process. The engineer I spoke with was affable, knowledgeable, and took the time to answer my questions in detail. They suggested that I exceeded the parameters of the technical screening, and I felt that the interview/screening went especially well. They suggested that I would be hearing back soon about next steps. That being said, they were unsure of what recruiter I worked with, or who was handling my application. I provided them with the limited information I had re: recruiter/application. Two weeks later I received a boilerplate rejection letter. While it is entirely possible that I was under-qualified, or that the technical screening went more poorly than I thought (which I would understand and accept), I think it just as likely that my application was lost in the mix due to poor organization and haphazard scheduling/case tracking. Overall the experience felt unprofessional and disrespectful of my time. I've heard that Pluralsight is a good place to work, and I appreciate their mission, but I think they need to improve their recruiting/intake process.

Interview Questions
  • "What do you do in Azure?" "How proficient are you at Azure?" "How would you start troubleshooting an issue on RHEL for an app running on MariaDB?" "What experience do you have with Kubernetes/containers?" "What is a typical work day like for you?" "What kind of project management paradigm do you work under?" "Do you use POSTGRESQL?"

Pluralsight

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pluralsight

Interview

Scheduling process was outsourced and frustrating. Interviews are very telling about this company. Multiple interviews often with limited engagement and multi tasking by the the interviewer. Human resources was very good.

Interview Questions
  • How would your coworkers describe you?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Raleigh, NC) in Mar 2021

Interview

I initially applied via Easy-Apply on Linkedin. The hiring manager reached out and directed me to their Workday application portal. After filling out the Workday application, I was contacted by a recruiter who sent me a short code test. After completing the code test, there were 2 virtual on-site interviews. The first was a technical interview where I brought in a code sample, and talked about architecture and design decisions. We looked at the code, then at the deployed app, and talked about features, user requests, and scaling challenges. We then went over some decisions I made in the coding test, and ended with a Q/A. The second interview was a more traditional interview with the manager and a Tech lead where we discussed past challenges, and talked about how I might fit in with how the team works.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond to a feature request with a clearly unreasonable timeline? When have you received negative feedback, and how did you handle it? If you had to scale an app from 100 active users to 10,000 active users, what are some steps you would take?

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Salt Lake City, UT) in Mar 2021

Interview

First call was short with internal recruiter to review background, then call with hiring manager to go over the role, team, and learn about me. Panel interview included two two-on-ones with other members of the team and one technical coding interview in JS/TS. Most of the questions focused on my values, working style, and soft skills. Other than the live algo coding work it was non-technical. The recruiter was communicative and kept me in the loop. The entire process from application to job offer was just about one month.

Interview Questions
  • Which one of our values speaks to you the most and how have you demonstrated that value?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Dublin, Dublin) in Mar 2021

Interview

Had a call with HR person for initial screen, then 1:1 with HR partner and finally met the BU recruiter. However, I understood that there would be 2 or 3 more stages if I were to be considered for next level.

Interview Questions
  • Explain your understanding of the company's mission and values

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pluralsight (New York, NY) in Mar 2021

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter working for Pluralsight. Interviewed via video. Pleasant interview with potential manager. Then silence. I had to email the recruiter twice before he responded to me telling me that he would "get back to me." It's a week later and I still haven't heard anything. It's clear that PluralSight doesn't want to "move forward" with me. But again--why not a single line stating this? Given the fact that it appeared that the recruiter himself (very pleasant as well) was an outside contractor, and PluralSight was recently acquired by a hedge fund, I think they must be doing everything they can to hire no one other than those from the immediate community (not just geographical), despite the "Remote" label on many of their jobs. And I did wonder about paternalism at PluralSight after reading a review by one ex-employee in which she praised her manager for always giving her the feeling that he was taking care of her. Huh?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Salt Lake City, UT) in Mar 2021

Interview

They where quick to respond to my resume submission and where super responsive in responding to my e-mails. The actual interview process consisted of four parts. A phone screening, zoom meeting with Dev, a home assignment, and a final four hour interview. Overall it was a very positive interview and learning experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pluralsight

Application

I interviewed at Pluralsight

Interview

Very thorough and incredibly professional. Communication was candid and very transparent. Interview process was to the point and then feedback following. After first 2 calls in person interview was promptly scheduled. Immediately following that I had feedback within a week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Richland, SC) in Feb 2021

Interview

Initial interview with Mrs. Dani Wills. The initial interview was mostly telling Mrs. Wills about myself, background (personal and professional) and answering questions regarding the position and company. It was very informative and I ended the interview understanding more about the company's mission and values as well about the career opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • Mrs. Wills asked me to discuss my background (professional and personal). I was asked my interpretation of the career opportunity and what stood out for me about the position and why I applied. I was not offered the position but was referred to have a second interview with Bree Smith.
1 person found this interview helpful