Pollo Tropical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pollo Tropical Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied and submitted the application in person. The manager scheduled a day and time for me to come in for an interview. The whole experience was negative for me. The manager was extremely unprofessional and confusing. The whole interview process was just a waste of my time.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I interviewed at Pollo Tropical (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

it was pretty fast and straight forward. the place was pretty crowded. if you cant work in a really fast pace place then dont apply. they open at 10 and the place already had people waiting outside to eat.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pollo Tropical (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager didn't ask any questions; basically, she just read off the application I submitted online and confirmed the hours I was available to work. She said she'd call back the following day and mentioned about orientation. I waited a few days but she never called, and by that point I had found a job elsewhere so I didn't bother calling the restaurant.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pollo Tropical (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

It was easy and laid back.. I applied online and they called 5 minutes later to schedule an appointment. I went in and the place was very hectic everyone running around , so I had to wait to get pointed in the right direction. Once ready they told me to wait a few and an assistant manager of another store interviewed me .. They scheduled another appointment with someone else at the same time so it goes by first come first serve I believe. Over all it was relaxed , but I believe it was this fast because they really needed to staff this store .

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pollo Tropical (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

very quick process. ask very easy questions.they make you feel comfortable doing the interview. they ask you why you choose pollo tropical.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pollo Tropical (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Walked in before restaurant opened (9:30 am) for interview. Met general manager, sat down at a table, and she asked me a few questions. Answered them and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you a team player
      What work experience do you have
      Have you worked in a hectic environment   Answer Question

Pollo Tropical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pollo Tropical (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviews with 3 different people. Gm, district and owner. I was offered the job so went on to do the drug test which seemed to take up a lot of waiting time. I think it took like a weeks and half to even get the results back. After that I came in for a day and participated and watched how operations were run to see whether on not I would be a good fit. Sent me an offer letter and started training.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle being understaffed?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Hill, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pollo Tropical (Cedar Hill, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, managers were funny and very honest. They informed you about the company, dress code, asked what position would fit you best. Told you about what was expected. Make sure you bring I D and social. Make sure you smile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Right after interview they offered me the position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pollo Tropical (Miami, FL).

Interview

I submitted my resume and about two weeks later I got a phone call setting up an interview by the phone. Then after that I was called up on the phone and asked a few questions questions

Cashier/Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pollo Tropical (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Easy, wanted to know how I would handle different customer situations. PT gets a wide variety of customers, from CEOs to rednecks and you have to be able to service them all with respect and a smile. Also want to know how your experience can help you if you were to get hired. This was my first job and all i had experience wise to go off of was babysitting. As long as you act professional and play yourself up and show you are personable and can be an asset to their team you're in