Polly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Polly Interview Questions

Interviews at Polly

1 Interview Review

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Polly

Senior Back End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Polly (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was invited to their offices in Tel Aviv for a series of interviews through a recruiter. The first two were technical (this is standard): in the first one they tested my algorithmic thinking, asking to solve a number of problems related to navigation. After I passed this, they invited me to another interview with an actual programming test in JavaScript. The test involved implementing a simple dynamic programming algorithm, I think in 30 minutes (I got stuck with a JS recursion quirk I hadn't been aware of, but solved the problem and passed). Then they asked for recommendations.

This is where things got weird. First they asked me to produce phone numbers of my managers dating 10 years back, before I was even officially a developer. Then they called every one of the phone numbers (I think), and asked questions that seemed strange/irrelevant to my former employers (they didn't tell me the exact questions, but said they felt uncomfortable). I also found out that they asked many technical questions about my command of JavaScript—which is strange considering they were hiring me for a back-end-only job in a PHP-based stack. They also seemed to think that me having a life outside of work was a disadvantage.

After this process, they said they were still unsure and gave me a "home test", meant to take 6+ hours. I politely explained that looking for a job was a busy process, and I would not be able to do the (unusually long) test in the coming week, maybe two. They said OK, and then called me a week later and complained that they didn't get the test. By this time I was in the post-technical stages with two much better companies, and so we agreed that we wouldn't be working together.

Overall the company showed a complete lack of professionalism during the interview process, both on the technical and personal level. After this process, had they given me an offer, it would have had to be radically better than anything I could potentially get for me to accept it.

Interview Questions

• Questions about navigation algorithms, Dijkstra and variations, possibly using flow networks to solve navigation problems   Answer Question
    • Write a solution to the subset sum problem in JavaScript   1 Answer