Porter Novelli Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Porter Novelli Interview Questions

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Novelli in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and three days later I received an email request for an in-person interview. The first round of interviews were with two VPs within the division. They asked questions related to my experience, goals, and work style. The second round of interviews took place with members of the team that I would be working with, and some senior level management. The second round of interviews touched on my experience a bit but really delved into the company's culture. I could tell it was crucial that the chosen candidate be a good fit for the company's culture. Everyone was super friendly, and the communication throughout the interview process was superb. It was without a doubt, one of the better interview experiences that I have had.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about past experience, professional interests and goals, work style, etc.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Porter Novelli (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process itself was wonderful. Was introduced to many team members and senior leadership. Delightful conversations. The only con was that it took a long time to finalize the hire. There was a 2 hr writing test towards the end.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past experience and what I was looking for in a job. Why I was leaving my old job. No trick questions.   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Novelli (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to one of the internship recruiters directly and was called in to interview about a week after. The whole process from getting a call to interview to when they gave me their decision was about a month.

I was interviewed in a group/panel of three people. The interviewers were super nice and made me feel comfortable. The Los Angeles office is also a pet friendly office and could tell the company culture was from the moment I walked in. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience.
      Where do you get your news from? Do you follow any news/media about consumer products or food?
      Answer Question

Vice President Brand Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Novelli (New York, NY).

Interview

Lots of interviews and vetting by account managers and department leaders. Short writing test that included providing older work and comms plans. HR manager was nice to work with and so was the former MD. They spent a lot of time getting to know me, how I manage difficult situations, professional development, client relations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work on a global piece of business?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Novelli (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was very detailed. Two in-person interviews with the team I'd be working with, a writing test, and then an interview with the managing director. The interviews were fairly standard, and even though it felt like a long process (3+ weeks), it gave me time to get to know the company better and see if it was a good fit. They really care if you're a good "fit" for the company culture as much as your experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with this type of client? What is your work style? How do you manage your time?   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Porter Novelli (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very professional, met in person after a personnel referral. The CEO interviewed me directly. It seemed to me that she took a personal interest in finding the right person for the client.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Porter Novelli (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. There were 2 rounds. Both delved into the job description and the duties that needed to be carried out as well as a behavioral assessment and how well one would be able to work with an office team of sales and account managers. Both interviewers were extremely nice and welcoming through the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a confrontation or a difference of opinion with a fellow colleague and how you were able to overcome and/or deal with it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Novelli (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

I had applied to the PN internship after meeting two company representatives at a university career fair. About two weeks later, I was contacted to set up a time for an in person interview with two more representatives. It so happened that one of the people I met at the career fair also sat in on the interview. The interview itself was pretty standard in terms of the resume and experience walk through. Although it was a 2:1 panel, both representatives were extremely personable and made me feel comfortable despite how nervous I was. After, I was led to an office to complete a 2.5 hour writing test. The test consisted of a pitch letter, press release and three lead paragraphs with headlines. The test itself did not have any tricks and was based on pure skill. About two weeks after completing the interview and writing test, I received a phone call with the offer. Overall a really standard hiring process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Novelli (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied for an internship through PN's online portal. I received an email the next day asking for a phone interview and scheduled an interview for later that week. Overall the interview was super casual. The HR Director asked fairly basic questions, and talked a lot about PN's culture and clients.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through each experience listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Porter Novelli (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through the career site for the New York position and heard back about 1.5 months later from HR professional in Atlanta's office..
    -Standard phone screen interview followed by one onsite interview
    -Pretty basic questions about experience and interests followed by behavior based interview questions
    -Low stress, informal casual interview experience

Interview Questions

• Please provide examples of where you had access to confidential information and how discrete you were   Answer Question