Portland Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Portland Group

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portland Group (Worcester, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Called in response to an add was told to come in and fill out an application. Had interview that day came down to can I drive the trucks. Was sent out with a senior driver to prove that I could drive without any issues. Went back to warehouse spoke to the manager and walked out with a job offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Portland Group (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

The entire process took 6 business days, visited Sydney office on 3 occasions:

Occasion 1. Cultural fit chat with an Associate Director
    Occasion 2. Analytical Test (Excel based, focused on procurement/spending analysis)
    Occasion 3. Director Interview, Conceptual thinking test and Case Study.

Interview Questions

• 1. Past experience (personal and professional)
      2. Behavior based questions
      3. Problem solving/Case study on a real client (related to Supply Network Optimisation)
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Portland Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Three stage interview process once you get past phone screening via their HR:

1. Analytical test (~90 minutes) in MS Excel with a current BA / Consultant
    2. Case interview (~60 minutes) with a Senior Consultant / Engagement Manager / Associate Director
    3. Final interview (~60 minutes) with a Director

Interview Questions

• Analytical will test your MS Excel skills   1 Answer
    • Case interview will test your structured thinking abilities and communication skills; will also test your level of procurement knowledge dependant on the role you are applying for   1 Answer
    • Final interview with Director is a cultural fit interview that may include an additional case study questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portland Group (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with hr following submission of cv, then Analytical test followed by 2 - 3 rounds of situation exercises, director interviews problem solving etc. Whole process complete in 2 - 3 weeks.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portland Group in January 2013.

Interview

Three step process. The first is the analytical process... they give you an excel spreadsheet for you to analyse in a short period of time. It is basically procurement and cost saving opportunities. If you are familiar with pivot tables thats all you need!
    The second interview is behavioural and case study. For the case you need to be organised and structured in the way you think. Sometimes they do a brainstorming session.. be prepared for that! The third interview is another case study and teasing questions with a director and a partner. get used to doing calculations on strange things like how many black cats in australia

Interview Questions

• Ok... How many black cats in Australia... and How many golf ball in a 747   Answer Question

Not the company I was looking for. Too focused on procurement.