Portland State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Portland State University

2.5

Computer Lab Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in December 2012.

Interview

I sat in front of four coordinators and they rapid fired questions of my customer service experience. It lasted 10 minutes at the most. Overall, I would say that it gives the interviewers a good idea of how you can handle yourself under pressure.

Interview Questions

• What is one issue you've had with management in the past?   1 Answer

Office Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted my application, received an invitation about two weeks later. I went interviewed with a panel of about five to six people. I received an offer about a month afterwards. This was a pretty straightforward process that didn't vary much from my previous experience. Have examples of overcoming adversity ready, as they will probably ask you to give a couple of examples.

Interview Questions

• They asked how interested I was with furthering my education, as the educational benefits are pretty good at PSU.   Answer Question

Adjunct Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Portland State University.

Interview

Excellent

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

The process was straightforward as I had previously been a Teaching Assistant and was a known quantity. They preferred to hire previous TAs over most other part-time applicants. I did have the implicit support of the Department Chair (who was ostensibly the manager for the position) and of the Calculus Coordinator, who developed, maintained, and guided the calculus curriculum and the teaching thereof for the department.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The compensation is set by the university.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

Good process and felt comfortable with everyone. It took a very long time to get on the campus from the time they called me to tell me they were interested in me to getting on campus for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would I choose to work at PSU?   1 Answer

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

It depends on professor. Some of them are really hard, while others are easy. The job duties are variable among professors and course. You might experience too loaded. Some professors are asking for grading homework and midterm. Some others may ask to set office hours. Some of them want you be in the class in every session.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

Tell me something about you

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you?   1 Answer
    • What are your long term plans?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

45 minute 2:1 between myself, hiring manager and colleague in OIT. Informal, but detail oriented. Questions were relevant to my then coursework in administration as my work would be project and program management related.

Interview Questions

• What technical/development work experience do you have?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred by another student. I thought I was going to interview for the position, but apparently had the job as soon as I walked in (I had provided a resume). I had a brief discussion with the lead professor and his team before I hit the ground running less than 15 minutes later.

Interview Questions

• There were no formal interview questions. They just wanted to see if I was interested.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portland State University.

Interview

I have two rounds of interviews, the first one was general and about personality. The second one was about accounting and the job duties. It was relaxing and outgoing interviews, I didn't have any previous university experience, I had to study some of the government accounting before I go to the interview. They went very well and I got the job after a week of the second interview

Interview Questions

• -what is your accounting experience
      -how much do you care about diversity
      -how would you react to a mad customer (the job was involved with students)   Answer Question