Portware L L C Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

3.7

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portware L L C (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with typical java questions.
    Onsite interview was poorly organized. It starts with a written test for 1 hour. Then a coding question. No one there to talk to you or answer any questions that you have.
    The interviewers looked uninterested. They do not talk properly.

Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Portware L L C (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Rejected in HR round 2 times.

I wrote the test then after a month I got a call for in-person interview.
    in-person round went for 1 hour, there were 2 guys who took the interview and both were cool, overall it was a good discussion and experience.

after few days there was manager round, it went for 2 hours, again there were 2 managers and it was a good discussion.

when you give interviews, it works both ways, interviewer ask questions to select or reject and during that time you also get some idea about the people, so after clearing the manger round I was sure that I will be giving preference to Portware among other job offers.

After manager round, I was told that there will be HR+technical.

I don't understand why would someone have technical and HR round together.

So, there were 2 persons in HR round as well.
    HR asked normal questions about family and all stuff except few weird questions like -
    "what would be the least salary at which you can join?"
    "if we pay you only 50k more than current offer then?"
    it was like some street side negotiation :)

The other person seems to be too serious, where as in all other rounds I found all interviewers were relaxed and friendly.
    The other person asked few things about my project, he asked me few abbreviations which I have never heard of earlier.
    Then he mentioned about VP of my previous company (he was showing that I know guys in your previous company)
    He started asking me irrelevant questions like who was your manager in that team.
    They even discussed about my college grades and AIR.
    This went for 1 hour, then they asked me to wait.

HR was always reachable, he told me that final result will be out in 30 minutes.
    I was waiting and one employee started talking to me, when he found that who took my technical in HR round, he said with a smirk - "this will take time, he (interviewer) always do this, he find it difficult to take a decision"

After waiting for 30 minutes HR told me that they need more time to take decision and will let you know tomorrow.

As expected, tomorrow I did not receive any call.
    When I called HR, he told me that it is HR reject, I said- no problem
    After 40 minutes, HR called me again and he said that management is considering my resume again.
    I was like what is this- in 40 minutes they want me to hire again.

Next day when I called HR again, he told me that again it is HR reject.

After giving 2 online tests, 1 technical round (2 interviewers), 1 manager round (2 managers), 1 (HR+technical) round,
    they were unable to take decision. HR is informing that it is HR reject then again he is calling back to inform that they have decided to consider your profile again.

So this final round makes a bad impression.
    If you have to discuss irrelevant things like grades and AIR and abbreviations then you should do this as screening before the first round.
    This will save your interviewers's time and candidate's time as well.

Next day, I got another better offer and they paid me CTC which I asked without any negotiation.

Thanks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Portware L L C in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process starts with the
    #1. online test
    #2. Followed by system test
    #3. Technical round of interview
    #4. Managerial round of interview, it will be technical only..
    #5. HR

Through out the process they will assess you on technical, analytical , problem solving skills. Also in HR they will ask all the information related to you.

Overall it was a challenging as well as exciting interview.

Interview Questions

• Where is the internal implementation of HashMap?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portware L L C (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Interview process is long and tiresome. On top of it it is highly unprofessional. HR interview is the worst of all. The company's hiring process lacks time sense and take candidates for granted. I was told that I was selected after all the rounds and then they said they rejected me when I followed up with them about further communication. Overall waste of time and energy.No learning at all

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Portware L L C (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Pretty long process. 4 rounds for interview and each round is F2F
    1) Aptitude and logical Reasoning - Cleared
    2) Technical round 1 - Cleared
    3) Technical round 2 - Not Cleared
    4) Technical and HR Round

Interview Questions

• Not Friendly environment for interview. Each question is asked in such a way that they want to reject the candidate.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portware L L C (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Extremely bad experience. Not interested in continuing process.
    Throughout my 'selected walkin' I had a pleasant experience and cleared the written and coding rounds easily. The technical discussions were also not so tough and I cracked all rounds.
    The HR round however was unbelievably sub-standard. The HR interview got too personal and questioned everything including my father's upbringing methods. He also had the audacity to call my relationship with my fiance an 'affair' and asked how long it had been going on for as though he is was thinking along the lines of honour killing.
    Are you kidding me??? You talk rude about my family and my personal life!
    I fully understand the concept of pressure interviews and am quite skilled at handling it. This however was taking it too far.
    I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to work in a company which employs such BULLIES as HR. He seemed to be an utterly frustrated person in his personal life and too full of himself. The company created such a great impression on me and then this guy (and the silent witness lady) just ruined it.
    Speaking (average) English does not mean you are good at communication, you are truly immature and thoroughly unprofessional - grow up and get over yourself.
    I have a very big network of s/w professionals and trust me, none of them will ever join this company.
    I shot down the chance for a salary discussion, obviously. My only regret is sitting through the whole interview. I should have stormed out instead of trying to appear calm and composed. This company which is already kinda small and unknown should not take risks recruiting such incompetent people.

QA Manual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portware L L C (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Written exam is worst, for lateral hire qa manual they have an exhaustive aptitude test, which a 5-6 years experienced person will not be able to qualify until prepared along with programming questions too

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portware L L C (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

3 rounds were conducted. 1st round was online test which consists of 2 sections.
    section-1 : aptitude
    section-2 : java related (synchronized, object references)

2nd round - technical round
    questions on data structures
    questions related to projects I have done

3rd round - hr round
    questions on my project, on my interests, hobbies
    gave few situations and asked how I would react to them

Interview Questions

• given a file of 100 million words and a search key which data structure should be used for better performance   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portware L L C (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Firstly there was a telephonic round which consisted of mostly questions on java and partly J2ee. After this I got a positive review and was asked to come to the office and was given an online MCQ test. It consisted of different sections on core java (code snippets, threads, design patterns) with given time slots for each sections. Question level was fairly difficult.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portware L L C (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was fortunate to be a B.tech Computer Science Student in one of the top engineering colleges of India.Portware came for a campus recruitment in our college.The selection process was as follows:

1)Online written test (Aptitude + Core Java).
    2) Technical Interview.
    3) HR + Technical Interview.

In the first round of written test they asked 25 Aptitude questions which were to be solved in 20 mins
    and 25 Core Java Questions which were to be solved in 30 mins.Basically in this round they are testing your speed in solving problems.

The second round was technical interview and they asked questions on data structures and regarding the projects which i have done during my first 3 years of B.Tech. It got ended in 30mins for me but for one of my friend they took this round for 3 hours.Actually they will focus on your problem solving capability if you are good then they will forward you to next round very quickly or else they will pose more and more questions to test your problem solving skills.

The final round is very crucial where Head of the company in India and Top most HR manager will take your interview.Basically they will pose maximum of 5 technical questions in this round but they will be more focussed on what kind of person you are, so for that they will ask you general HR questions and they will ask reasons for everything you answer.

Interview Questions

• In a given sentence reverse each and every word in it.   1 Answer