Powell Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Powell Industries

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Powell Industries (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The process took several months from when I first submitted my resume until I was contacted by Human Resources. Once contacted, the process went fairly quickly, but I already had other opportunities by that time as well. They were not open to meeting some of the benefits offered by other companies.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Powell Industries (College Station, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

basic interview, i just met them at the career fair first and then i applied online and got the interview. I wasnt bad at all. Powell seems like a good company

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Powell Industries in April 2014.

Interview

Three interviews. Two telephone One on-site.. Found opening through Indeed. Paid for transportation. Powell arranged for transportation. Arrived 3 hours before interview. Waited at airport for pick up after lunch

Interview Questions

• All questions with hiring manager dealt with personnel issues.   1 Answer

EHS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Powell Industries (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Human resources department is huge and somewhat disorganized. The phone interview was first with a human resources specialist followed by the EHS Manager. Each interview was about thirty minutes to hour. The face to face interview took half the day. They did provide lunch at the company cafeteria. The employees I met seemed to be wandering who I was when I was given a tour of the manufacturing location.

Interview Questions

Heard some very negative feedback about the company's management.

Wireman Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Powell Industries in January 2012.

Interview

1:1 interview
    2 day orientations

Negotiation

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Powell Industries in May 2010.

Interview

The only downfall of the interviewing process for this position would be that it takes 2 weeks of waiting before they grant you a invitation back to interview for a 2nd time. Other than that, this company is a rapidly growing and has been proven successful. The work environment is aggressive and seems to be well driven. The interview itself was pretty average in my first interview with the hiring manager; discussing my background in detail and going over certain future projects in great detail. No technical questions were asked at the first interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you utilize your last ERP system with your last job?   Answer Question