Powell Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.5

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Powell Industries (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The process took several months from when I first submitted my resume until I was contacted by Human Resources. Once contacted, the process went fairly quickly, but I already had other opportunities by that time as well. They were not open to meeting some of the benefits offered by other companies.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Powell Industries (College Station, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

basic interview, i just met them at the career fair first and then i applied online and got the interview. I wasnt bad at all. Powell seems like a good company

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Powell Industries in April 2014.

Interview

Three interviews. Two telephone One on-site.. Found opening through Indeed. Paid for transportation. Powell arranged for transportation. Arrived 3 hours before interview. Waited at airport for pick up after lunch

Interview Questions

• All questions with hiring manager dealt with personnel issues.   1 Answer

Paint Shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Powell Industries (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied for one department got throwin into another department. But the interview was easy you get a phone call interview then set up a personal interview. you take a test on measurements and other math related questions. They ask you why you want to work here and why they should hire you. You then get a call back and go take a physical and drug test and then once passed get another call with your start date.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Powell Industries (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

HR first calls you for an initial interview. They will call you back to set up a second formal interview if you made it through the first round. Interviewed with the Electrical Manager and the supervisor. They pulled out one of the projects as an example and asked questions from it.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were from the project that was used as an example the rest of the questions were from my resume.   Answer Question

EHS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Powell Industries (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Human resources department is huge and somewhat disorganized. The phone interview was first with a human resources specialist followed by the EHS Manager. Each interview was about thirty minutes to hour. The face to face interview took half the day. They did provide lunch at the company cafeteria. The employees I met seemed to be wandering who I was when I was given a tour of the manufacturing location.

Interview Questions

Heard some very negative feedback about the company's management.

Wireman Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Powell Industries in January 2012.

Interview

1:1 interview
    2 day orientations

Negotiation

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Powell Industries in May 2010.

Interview

The only downfall of the interviewing process for this position would be that it takes 2 weeks of waiting before they grant you a invitation back to interview for a 2nd time. Other than that, this company is a rapidly growing and has been proven successful. The work environment is aggressive and seems to be well driven. The interview itself was pretty average in my first interview with the hiring manager; discussing my background in detail and going over certain future projects in great detail. No technical questions were asked at the first interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you utilize your last ERP system with your last job?   Answer Question