Power Digital Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Power Digital Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Power Digital Marketing

2.8

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Power Digital Marketing.

Interview

Found the company through a job fair on campus and applied online. I got an email about a month later for a short phone interview. After the initial call, I got asked to come into the office for an in-person interview. At the interview, I was given an assessment to complete and email back to them and was hired the next week.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Power Digital Marketing (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional. I'm very disappointed.
     If you are planning to apply for a position in this company, I advise you not to waste your energy and time here!
    I applied online and someone contacted me for a phone interview. I confirmed the time for a Friday afternoon. On the day of the phone interview, 30 mins before our confirmed time, he emailed me and postponed it to the Tuesday after. On Tuesday, I waited and waited but nobody called me. I contacted him and surprisingly, he didn't even know he had an interview with me. He apologized again and promised me to contact me the day after for setting another time. But again, he didn't. I wanted to give it another chance, so sent him an email and followed up with him. He suggested a day and time for the phone interview. Since I wasn't able to make it on that day, I emailed him with alternative dates and times that worked for me. But Never heard back from him.
    A couple of weeks after, I contacted and followed up him AGAIN. He apologized and called me the day after. We had a short conversation and he told me someone else will contact me for a second phone interview. He sent my contact information to the second interviewer. I didn't hear back from them for a week, so I emailed them and asked about the interview. Never heard back from them!
    Very unprofessional and unexpected from a company like this. They have such a high rating and everybody's mentioning their professionalism. I don't understand how a professional company could be so disrespectful to its applicants. And I don't understand how you can have such high rating if you can not even manage a simple schedule and to be responsive to your applicant!
     Looking at the reviews, apparently, other people have had similar experiences too.

Interview Questions

Power Digital Marketing Response

Oct 26, 2017 – CEO

Very sorry to hear this. We do our best to respond to as many applicants as possible and not waste anyones time. We appreciate your feedback and will take it to heart and work hard to improve this... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Digital Marketing.

Interview

I applied online and then had a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had an in-person interview where I was asked pretty standard questions about my experiences and interests. Lastly, I had an assessment where I performed some of the tasks I would for the position and emailed it back to them.

Interview Questions

• Your ____ skills on a scale of 1-10   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Digital Marketing (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website and I received an email within the following week. Since I was not living in San Diego for another month, they scheduled an over the phone interview. From there, they had me come into the office to see the office and meet the rest of the team. I got a call back within 24 hours with an offer for their content marketing team.

Interview Questions

• -What was your favorite and least favorite class in college?
      -What are you looking to gain from this internship?
      -Do you have any prior experience in this position?   Answer Question

Jun 7, 2017 – Founder & CEO

Congrats on the internship and thank you for the feedback!

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Digital Marketing (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Long and drawn out. One of the partners seemed to be too busy to have the time to give me a fair opportunity to speak with him. Dogs running wild around the office barking at each other and employees playing ping pong while I patiently waited.

Interview Questions

Power Digital Marketing Response

May 8, 2018 – CEO

I am very sorry to hear this. We take this feedback very seriously and will work to streamline this process in the future. Thanks for your feedback and time during this process and we wish you the... More

Email Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Power Digital Marketing (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Panel of about 6 employees, hour long interview, generic questions. They don't take the time to introduce themselves individually before they ask you about yourself and it didn't feel conversational at all. Very uncomfortable. Prior to the interview, their email communications made no sense as if they had no idea what I had applied for. After the interview, they wanted me to send over work samples and sounded positive. I sent them each a thank you with my samples and I never heard from them. After a follow up, still nothing. It doesn't look good on a company to have terrible communication skills! In the end, so happy it didn't work out. Don't get suckered in by their "culture"!

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about email marketing?   1 Answer

Dec 11, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback and apologize that this happened. We have not interviewed candidates for the email role in months so this must have been a little while back. We have worked hard to... More

Content Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Power Digital Marketing (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

1. University Recruiting/Online Application
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Writing Assessment
    4. In-Person Interview

A group from the company initially came to a university class presentation and promoted their internshp program. I applied online and received a response in about a week to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took about 30 mins and centered around my university experience and what my career interests were. That was followed up with a writing assignment which I submitted the day after receiving the prompt (though I'm sure a day or two later would have been fine). I went in for a formal in-person interview with two members of the department I would be working in. They were very friendly and it was definitely not the most intimidating interview experience I've had, but I had to be prepared with all of my relevant course experience and a general knowledge of digital marketing. I received the offer a week or so later via email. Overall, would have been a very positive learning experience even if I had not received the offer.

Interview Questions

• What degree courses have you taken that are relevant to this position?
      What is one brand that has a digital marketing strategy that you admire, and why?   Answer Question

Content Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Digital Marketing.

Interview

First is a phone interview and then they ask for an in person interview. A lot of the same questions but obviously you can elaborate a lot more in person. They had two interviewers in the room for the in person. Both of them were personable and professional but also very friendly and approachable at the same time.

My only critique is that they did tend to ask me the same questions as their fellow interviewer so I felt very repetitive and like they were almost drilling me or that they weren't satisfied with my first response...

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over other candidates for this position?   Answer Question
    • How has your past experience prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Digital Marketing.

Interview

I applied to this job about 2 weeks ago and received an email about scheduling a phone interview. Once the interview was scheduled, they failed to call at the time they had requested. I then reached back out to them to ensure a new scheduled time. They failed to call the 2nd time and I not heard back from them since. I am very disappointed in that they could get someones hopes up with potential interview offers then not follow through with them.

Feb 8, 2016 – Founder & Director

I am really sorry to hear about your experience. I really apologize if an interview was missed as this is unacceptable and not the norm. I hope that you find the opportunity you are looking for and... More

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Power Digital Marketing (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Met with the department head, talked about my previous experience and then learned the roles and responsibilities of the position. Very friendly interviewer, easy to talk to and great experience over all.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have in digital marketing?   Answer Question