Prezi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prezi Interview Questions

Interviews at Prezi

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Prezi.

Interview

I applied online and spoke with the recruiter from Budapest. She was extremely helpful and enthusiastic. I then had a technical screen with two engineers, which I received very positive feedback for. I would've continued the interview process, but I had received offers from other companies in locations I preferred much more highly, so I stopped my interview process with Prezi (main reason being that I didn't want to relocate to Budapest). Overall though, everyone was very fun to chat with, and I think if their headquarters were in the US, I likely would've continued pursuing them.

Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prezi (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Recruiter was amazing. They were transparent and direct about the process. I loved the previous manager was apart of the process. Every person I met was very helpful, transparent and explained the process.

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Prezi in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a response from a recruiter the next day. Scheduled a phone screen interview within a week. Skype interview with hiring manager within a week after that. Waited 30 days with no follow up with recruiter.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prezi (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Outstanding interview process with an "assessment week" where you have to work on an actual project with your potential team. This is apparently the best interview process I've experienced, way more advanced than the standard and broken whiteboard-only processes.

Interview Questions

• I had to implement new features into an existing framework, ship & demo the working product.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Prezi (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Everyone knows - even the big companies - that the whiteboard processing is seriously broken. It's a skill on it's own which one can learn, and after a while, anyone can pass whiteboard algorithm tests. Besides, just because someone passed the whiteboard test, it doesn't means the same person could perform adequately in his position on a day to day basis, or even work in a team. There is even a huge literature out there how to prepare for these tests - still only a very few companies trying to improve this process.

Prezi is one of the places where they understood this. Prezi's interview process is the most unusual and interesting; they will give you equipment, and you'll go to their office for a week, and start working on a real project with their real codebase with your potential future team. You can use any tools, software, as you'd do normally on a day to day basis. Communication with team members also expected and encouraged. At the end of the assessment you summarize your experiences in a Prezi presentation.

The Prezi interview experience is the best I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• You have to work in real projects with a real team. Projects might vary depending on your skills.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prezi (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter followed by 3 skype interviews with the Hiring Manager from San Fransisco and two Data Analyst from Budapest. Everything went well in all the three interviews.

Then I was called for an Onsite Interview in their San Fransisco office. Event was for an entire day. Was given 3 task to complete which includes writing SQL queries, doing statistical analysis and given them the result.

In between the three interviews were scheduled with three different managers. They asked questions to me I answered. They asked do I have any questions about Prezi, I said no. I had been talking with Prezi people(San Fransisco & Budapest) for almost 2 months now. They already answered all my question so I didn't asked much and focussed my attention in completing the task. Day ended I shared my findings and left the office.

Following week recruiter mailed me I didn't go through. I said okay but can you please share the feedback to me. The feedback which he shared was not making any sense. This is what he wrote to me:

"your lack of questions in the interview process left the team feeling like you had a like of interest/passion in Prezi. A few interviews were cut short because you didn't have questions and chose to work on your assessment. While we respect your decision to focus your time on the project, we allocated time for individual interviews and for your project. "

Please give some valuable feedback so that candidate can respect you as a company even getting rejected. If a person was not interested in your company why he flew from other state to California for an onsite interview.

Please put proper interview process and move up in the technology stack. People in San Fransisco don't know how to do statistical analysis using any proper tools like R or Python. They didn't even choose the sample size properly for performing an A/B testing.

Interview Questions

• Very Basic SQL queries. Compute statistical significance of a scenario.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prezi (San Francisco, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, and the turn around was fairly quick despite that the hiring manager was traveling at the time. Had a skype interview and an onsite all day with the hiring manager, a team member (analyst) and a data analyst from marketing department.
    There are two things that contributed to my very negative impressions with Prezi.
    1. The analyst from the team and the data analyst from the marketing team were not friendly at all. The analyst was almost close to being rude. I am trying not to be subjective here, but I had never had someone who interviews me with their arms across their body with a frowning face. I tried my best to make the most out of it and stayed positive, but I was shocked that until the end of the interview, the analyst's attitude was not improved. The other data analyst from Marketing was okay at first, however when I asked her what projects or interactions are going to happen between this role and yourself, she gave me a big speech about how they expect this person to be independent and self sufficient. Basically, don't bug her. She also told me about data discrepancies between finance department and marketing department, which sounded like a chaos for me.
    2. Hiring manager asked me to complete an analysis based on some incomplete dummy pilot data and pull up a Prezi presentation at the end of the day. As a finance professional, it's important to be able to communicate and present ideas, but the idea of having me prepare a Prezi is narcissistic and inconsiderate.
    I can see from the interview process that this finance team is not focusing on hiring the right people with the right skillset, the company staff is facing challenges on their team working and coordinations, Prezi is not as great as you think.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, a data analysis and presentation that will waste your whole day in the city.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prezi.

Interview

Firstly, I did skype screening interview with the HR person. Then I was assigned to a data engineer in the team. The interview went well and he was very friendly. He helped me out to get to the point of the questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle and archive large scale of text data   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prezi (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied to Prezi in January of this year for a Visual/UX designer role. The process was lengthy and after 5 phone interviews with several people in the design and marketing departments, I was notified that the last step in the process would be a 2 day on-site working assessment. I agreed, took 2 paid vacation days off work, and signed a release to ensure that I would NOT be compensated for time I would, essentially, be an employee of Prezi. The first day I was presented with a task of reassessing the UX of a webpage off the current website. The team was accommodating and we brainstormed some really good ideas. After about an hour of this, I was basically left to my own devices to figure out any other UX/design issues on my own since the rest of the team was "too busy" to be involved further. The second day was finishing up the design and prototype for the presentation I would have give at the end of the day. I gave my final presentation to panel of developers, designers and HR, explaining my process, my ideas, and how I arrived at the final product. Afterwards, I was assured by my HR contact that the process went well and that I should hear back with a final decision the following week. Almost a month later, I receive a generic template email from HR stating that the company had decided not to fill the position. I wrote back in effort to gain more information as to the context of why this had happened and if Prezi had anticipated this position being in jeopardy before I had gone through the entire interview process. Unfortunately, I would receive yet another generic email in response stating that due to "re-prioritization" the decision was made not to fill the position and that if it opened up again I would be notified.
    I write this not in response to the dismal news I received about the fate of the position I was considered for, but rather, to advise potential candidates to be wary of hiring processes such as this- usually termed "working-interviews." Due to the fact that I was considered and treated as an employee of the company for 2 full working days without any form of compensation, Prezi in fact acted unlawfully. Know your rights and that if you are on-site working for an employer, they are obligated to compensate you for your time despite whatever paperwork you are made to sign. For potential design candidates - DO NOT give design ideas away for free during the interview process. This is a good way for employers to leverage your skill without actually paying for it. That is your intellectual property and as such, must be compensated for it. Instead, speak to your skills, take any personality/direct knowledge assessments, or offer your references as means of validating your competencies. Godspeed.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prezi (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Talked with the recruiter on phone. It was a simple phone screen, we quickly scheduled the on-site. Went in a on-site to show case my design portfolio and skills. There were two designers interviewing me. We spent 10-15 on my background and portfolio. Then 5 mins for me to ask questions before we started the design meeting session. The session is timed to 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you used Prezi and how do you like it
      2. Lead a meeting to design a alarm clock.   Answer Question