PrimeSource Building Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PrimeSource Building Products

2.5

Leader In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PrimeSource Building Products (Irving, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Initially signed up for an interview through my college career center. Questions were typical personality question like what are greatest strengths and weaknesses. Second interview was more technical and questions were based on what you know about the company. The second interview was through Skype.

Interview Questions

• First interview
      What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses.

Second interview
      Why did you choose primesource?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was in the range I expected I didn't negotiate

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PrimeSource Building Products.

Interview

I was interviewed by two different managers... the interview was divided into two part. The first part was about my past experience and what I can bring into company. The second part of it was all technical.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PrimeSource Building Products (Irving, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

About 30 min, very informative. HR contact was very helpful. Company is long standing and profitable. Leader in its industry. Employees were very knowledgeable. Overall was very pleased with the full interview process. I believe it will be a great company to be employed at.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to see would be a good fit. Would travel be okay and working extended hours occasionally. What is your learning style. Why are u looking to leave.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PrimeSource Building Products (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Basic interview protocol. Found the listing on monster, applied online with resume and a few random questions about my history, Got a phone call, interviewed in person with future boss, got the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical: work history, personal experiences, tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. took base salary

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PrimeSource Building Products (Stockton, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. A week later, I got an email from a recruiter to do a digital recording video. I thought I did well, but I guess I didn't. The questions were not hard. There were 12 of them.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PrimeSource Building Products.

Interview

Phone call and then a video conference which discussed my previous job experience, skills, know how, etc. There were very easy questions and if you have any experience at all, you'll feel it is easy. The testing process is a little more intense and you must understand collagr math in order to be picked for an interview.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, MN

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PrimeSource Building Products (Rogers, MN) in December 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. The office and conference room were full of clutter. Wasn't too impressed with the people I talked to. The appearance of the employees was not too great. Unprofessional, disorganized. Kind of a mess.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us, what do you know about our products?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PrimeSource Building Products in May 2016.

Interview

I was invited via email to complete a digital interview approximately five days after submitting an application. To clarify, a digital interview consists of answering questions directly to your camera. There is no interaction with an actual person. A few days after completing this part of the process, I was contacted by an individual who was either eating or chewing gum while asking if I would like to come in for an interview. I was provided very little information and had to ask whom I would be interviewing with at which point I was told the HR manager and the current HR generalist. I received a confirmation email from an internal recruiter that indicated I would be meeting with her and the person who initially called me, who turns out to be the current HR generalist. I'm not sure why she didn't just identify herself when she called me, but I digress. Concerned with this conflicting information and the fact that at no point had anyone asked if I had any questions about the role or the company, I decided to send over a partial list of preliminary questions I typically ask during a phone screen and requested that they provide additional information to help establish whether this was going to be an initial fit on my end. The recruiter refused to provide answers to any of the questions, even the most basic and told me that they would be covered when I came in and to let her know if I would like to withdraw from the process. I respectfully rescinded my acceptance to interview, as this showed inflexibility on their end and basically verified the negative Glassdoor reviews from people who currently work there. It's bad enough that they are conducting interviews in a way that potentially profiles protected classes, but to not be open to answering a candidate's questions prior to meeting shows a lack of engagement and understanding of recruiting best practices.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the HR generalist experience from your last job.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PrimeSource Building Products (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

A role was a good experience center view was timely and fair and I was hired for the job enjoyed the job and worked for many years under leadership and training that was ok

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PrimeSource Building Products (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn and almost a week later was contacted by a recruiter from PrimeSource. The phone interview was brief and only lasted maybe 10 minutes, it was your standard phone interview where they just ask about your work experience and explain the job. The recruiter then said he would forward my information to the hiring manager, I was then contacted by the hiring manager several days later for a in person interview. The in person interview was done with two of the managers in the department I was applying for. The interview was very relaxed and they where both very nice and it didn't feel like your typical interview that can feel very stiff and uncomfortable. They didn't just ask me questions from a list, they actually seemed interested in getting to know me and why I was right for the job. I can honestly say it was the best interview I've ever experienced.