PrimeSource Building Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
George Judd

Pros
  • Caring company, good pay, good benefits, movement with in the company, many locations (in 5 reviews)

1. "Territory Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at PrimeSource Building Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Have a nice mix of privately branded and name brand products to sell. Also, nice 401k match, benefits, and PTO programs.

Cons

New ownership is an equity firm and employees are not highly valued.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees by providing top rate leadership.

2. "It was good for a while"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Kansas City, MO

I worked at PrimeSource Building Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people did their jobs and had good attitudes.
    Management were good people and good to work for until the manager got promoted. Then it fell apart

Cons

They can't keep the warehouse staffed, because they don't pay enough for the work, therefore it makes it difficult for everyone else to do their jobs because the merchandise can't get loaded on the trucks properly. When I would complain to my manager, I got excuses as to why things couldn't be done properly. I finally got so fed up with not being able to do my job, without having to take additional steps because someone else had not done theirs, that I quit.

Advice to Management

Stop making excuses for poor performance.
    Pay a few extra bucks and get permanent warehouse help

3. "New Mangement"

Current Employee - Pricing Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Pricing Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at PrimeSource Building Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New leadership is very open to ideas. They have brought in great people and let some of the less friendly people go. They are adding fringe benefits to make working here more appealing and offering merit raises and increasing salaries to market. Started doing midyear reviews as well to adjust salaries when needed.

Cons

Lost some good people as well with the new management. Not all departments are as enjoyable as pricing to work in.

Aug 21, 2016 – PrimeSource Building Products

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very pleased that you believe changes are going in the right direction. We will continue to strive for all departments to be as ... More

5. "Inside Sales"

I worked at PrimeSource Building Products full-time

Pros

Decent starting pay, laid back environment.

Cons

Limited income earning opportunities, lack of structure, shotgun effect sales tactics, outdated technology and practices.

Advice to Management

Invest in technology, better management selection process, pay & advancement based on meritocracy not buddy & brown nosing.

6. "inside sales"

I have been working at PrimeSource Building Products full-time

Pros

Cons

strcit work schedule, track every movement, going through change

Aug 21, 2016 – PrimeSource Building Products

We appreciate your feedback. The Company has made recent changes to allow flexible hours where it is possible to still provide high quality service to our customers.

7. "Sales"

I worked at PrimeSource Building Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing employee to work with. Okay benefits but nothing too spectacular.

Cons

Could offer better perks with better appraisal to the employees

Aug 21, 2016 – PrimeSource Building Products

Thank you for the positive feedback and the suggestion on a better appraisal. We are currently evaluating new options for talent development and reviews.

"Solid Place for First Full-Time Job"

I have been working at PrimeSource Building Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong benefits package and reasonable pay structure generally. LIfe/Work balance is good as well for lower level sales teams. The current HR Team Members are talented, smart, and very helpful.

Cons

Opportunity for growth is hindered in outside sales positions - due to territories constantly be realigned. Overall lack of investment in employees professional development at some office locations.

Advice to Management

Be sure to invest in your employees, they are the lifeblood of the company. Make sure to keep payment structure competitive and rewarding for strong performing sales team members.

Mar 24, 2016 – PrimeSource Building Products

Thank you for your time and balanced feedback regarding your experience at PrimeSource. We are committed to employee development in all areas, and have several key initiatives to further the ... More

"Primesoure"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at PrimeSource Building Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays well and keeps you busy.

Cons

Too many managers and company is going through a change in ownership. So a lot of downsizing and possible branch relocations.

Apr 2, 2016 – PrimeSource Building Products

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on PrimeSource and the positive comment on our compensation structure. We did go through a change in ownership in 2015 and that’s behind us now.  We are ... More

"Depressing morale"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at PrimeSource Building Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Central location in Metroplex easy access by several major highways; benefits on par with other like businesses; covered parking lot

Cons

Weak middle management and micro-managing; free thought and ideas exchange not encouraged. Opressive atmosphere and socializing is covertly discouraged

Advice to Management

Sincerely encourage ideas exchange and be more sensitive to employee morale and incorporate a better more equal work-life balance

Mar 20, 2016 – PrimeSource Building Products

We appreciate your time with PrimeSource and providing your comments. We are very much committed to building talent, and creating a great culture. We recently hired a Talent Manager and are working ... More

"Glad to be gone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at PrimeSource Building Products (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has some good employees and the company consistently makes money.

Cons

There is new ownership (2015) and new Senior management in place. They are firing many different levels of employees - dissolving positions to cut costs - all for the purpose to resell the company. The company is now being run by "short term" people and the level of dedication and knowledge has dropped significantly..... This is a company to stay away from.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say as the new management team have their marching orders from a private equity owner (Platinum Equity) that just wants to resell the company for higher profit.

Feb 8, 2016 – PrimeSource Building Products

Thanks for sharing your views on PrimeSource. The Company is investing in new processes and technology, has brought in experts in key business segments, and is well poised to grow our employees ... More