Pro-Vision Video Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pro-Vision Video Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pro-Vision Video Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pro-Vision Video Systems (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

It was weird. I read some of the other interview assessments and we could have all written each other's. Like, the first phone interviewer was over 30 minutes late in calling. That is disrespectful. Also, the job description doesn't give you any idea that you will be spending the bulk of your time in your home office making 80 phone calls a day. That is more like tele-sales. I appreciate the fact that GlassDoor had me prepared for an awkward, non fuzzy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you over the 800 others that we are talking to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pro-Vision Video Systems (Syracuse, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

This was the least personal interview i ever have been a part of. First, an online 'skills' assessment, which was a videoed response to a recording of questions. This was ridiculous. Next was a phone interview, of which the interviewer was late because he was so busy tending to a customer. First - an interviewer shouldn't be dealing with customers. Second, if I'm not important to you now, why would I be important to you later? Ni thanks.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pro-Vision Video Systems.

Interview

Online application; online "skills" assessment - 15 minute phone interview. So I passed the online ATS system - made it through to the "skills" assessment - and then was asked to schedule a 15 minute phone interview. Phone interview called me - said he had lots of interviews to do - wanted to give me information to see if this was a good fit - he started with geography - then I asked him about pay - he said he'd get it to - ok - then he said ok since you brought it up you get commission and a $40K annual draw against commission - I asked him if it was a 100% commission position - he said he just explained that it wasn't and I said a draw against commission is a 100% commission plan - he said this job would not be a good fit for me. My advice is unless you are comfortable with 100% commission position - don't apply.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pro-Vision Video Systems in April 2017.

Interview

They send you an assessment that takes about an hour to complete. After passing, you get a request to schedule for a phone interview. You schedule a time, from a list of days that are incremented into 15 minute slots, that are mostly booked up. You pick a slot. The day comes to your interview, and this time they called late. Blamed it on taking time with a customer. 10 minute phone interview. Not professional. They want you give them a 30 sec elevator pitch to sell them on why you wanted the job. They base their decision off of you with in the first few minutes of talking together. They didn't show any value in my opinion. They pay a draw, give you a company vehicle and expect you to provide out of pocket (with their company credit card that applies to your draw) hotel stay, gas and meals for a week out of every month. Their sales people do it, because they can win a sale at 1million dollars and the commission is so high, sales people are willing to do this. I was not impressed at all. I wasn't interested, so I kind of gave him a hard run for his time. I did not make it to the next round.. Darn!! If a person makes it to the next round, they will get a Skype interview and then if they pass that.. they will get flown out to their headquarters which I was told they would pay for the plane ticket; not sure about a hotel room or lunch though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pro-Vision Video Systems (Little Rock, AR) in April 2017.

Interview

Online application; online "skills" assessment - I passed the online ATS system - made it through to the "skills" assessment - and then was asked to schedule a 15-minute phone interview. Phone interview called me - said he had lots of interviews to do - wanted to give me information to see if this was a good fit - he started with geography - He also stated you get commission and a $40K annual draw against commission. The position is a 100% commission position. Good product, not a very strong employee position though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pro-Vision Video Systems (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application. Had 15 min screening phone interview with HR. Followed up with 15 min GoTo Meeting interview. Cut the last interview short as I quickly found out it was not the right fit. 100% commission with no expenses paid. No clear direction of sales process other than spend 8 hours a day making 50-60 calls to try and close sales. Every third week out in the field. I have nothing against the company but the process indicates anyone who can fog a mirror and has a clean record can be hired. If you are willing to be a phone salesman and spend your own money to support your field sales then this is it. No questions about my experience, work history, my personal life, etc. I could tell I had more experience then than the interviewer and based on research of the company most of them as well. Position is best suited for young, entry level person with very few living expenses.

Interview Questions

• Anything you want to know about the position?   1 Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pro-Vision Video Systems in January 2017.

Interview

First step was a "test", based to evaluate your aptitude.
    If you pass first step, a phone call.
    The call was very rushed, guy said he interviews over 1100 people.
    Without even starting the interview, he said, I hope you are comfortable with a commission only position, this WILL BE, the hardest job you have ever had!
    He went on to say, they do provide a small commission draw as they want all their employees to have a roof over their head and food on the table!!
    Then proceeded to tell me the right candidate will be provided a brand new car and company credit card for hotel, gas and meals that the company will pay, however, all expenses that are paid on the company credit card will be deducted from your salary!

Interview Questions

This company has a great product, but their compensation plan provides them with nothing to lose and potentially gain a fair amount.
    It seems the employee turnover rate is very high.
    This position is more suited for an entry level sales professional or an independent Rep firm.

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pro-Vision Video Systems (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

You first submit your application and then you get directed to an online assessment. If you 'pass' the assessment, you'll get contacted for a phone interview in which you get to select a time slot from fifteen or so available slots. The interviewer called 30 minutes early. No biggie. He really didn't seem to have any knowledge about who I was etc. (Pretty sure he didn't even look at my resume'). I learned that this was a 100% commission job with a hardware quota of $1.5 million/yr. . Expectation is that you will travel 17 weeks out of the year and you will be selling to individuals and not businesses. I found the interviewer to be evasive to my direct questions, at which time he said that I seemed not to be the appropriate candidate. I told him that I would have to agree.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about Pro Video? Tell me a bit about your background? What type of success do you expect from this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pro-Vision Video Systems (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I have just started the process. They want me to complete an online questionnaire to see if I am a good fit. A large portion of the questions had to do with whether or not you are outgoing, want to sell a product such as video, and also whether or not I am a self starter.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Byron Center, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pro-Vision Video Systems (Byron Center, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview and then brought in for a face to face interview. I did not get a good feeling during the interview. 100% commission, you pay 100% of expenses?? You can use the company car but you have to pay for gas. 2 weeks in on the phone, two weeks out in the field. and the territory was New York City....and you had to drive to it. At the beginning of the interview I was given a tour of the building. I felt like I was being sold the position prior to the interview. I also interviewed with the owner. I felt like I was being interrogated. He was nice but I felt like he was trying to ask trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable presenting in front of groups and high ranking officials.   1 Answer