Pro-Vision Video Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Pro-Vision Video Systems Reviews

Updated February 16, 2017

1. "An Honest Review"

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time

Pros

When I first applied for the job, I read the reviews on here and was questioning of the negative ones. You have to take any type review that is negative with a grain of salt. Since being hired, I have found not a single negative thing that has deterred me from working here. I am not in a management position - yet I am respected, listened to, and valued for what I bring to the company. Which is hard work and doing the best job I can. Like any other job - they have realistic expectations of professionalism and work conduct. As long as you work hard and have the drive to do well, you will succeed. There is transparency, community, support and the opportunity to grow. I wanted to come back to this site and emphasize the positives because I feel Pro Vision should receive their due credit for being an established, professional and solid place to work for. Looking back at it i'm glad I didn't let a few disgruntled employees change my mind. The best part about the job: the people! Everyone who works here is welcoming, friendly and caring.

Cons

There's none. Be willing to communicate; If there is a problem/concern and you talk to them about it, they will help you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! It's great that you dedicate the time to be involved with your employees.

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time

Pros

One of the best things about PRO-VISION is that the managers are approachable. I work as part of the Admin team and I know that my manager is extremely approachable and I feel comfortable to ask her 100 questions and to talk through a problem. The great thing is though, that all of the managers are approachable, no matter which department they are apart of.
    Another great thing about PRO-VISION is that the people that work here are expected to work hard, and the people that currently work here do work hard, because we want to see this company do big things. Therefore, the positive atmosphere and the hard work is definitely a pro of the company.

Cons

I do not have any.

Advice to Management

Before I posted my review, I looked at the other reviews, and to me, the bad reviews sound like they're coming from people that didn't work hard enough. In order to be successful, you have to work hard, it doesn't happen overnight. With that being said, my advice to management is that they need to continue to empower their employees and to expect them to work hard, because this company is going somewhere positive.

"Nothing to hold you back"

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time

Pros

One of the reasons I like my job here is that the company allows me to contribute as much above my normal positional requirements as I want and after I have succeeded in doing more they reward me. Many companies hire for a specific role and don't give the opportunity to do more, not something that happens here.

Cons

If you don't get your tasks done the management gets on you quickly, they are very helpful at getting me back on track but if I didn't take constructive criticism well there would be a problem.

Advice to Management

Make sure employees know what they are empowered to do. Sometimes people are not comfortable asking.

"DOESN’T GET ANY BETTER!!!!"

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been in the work force for over 35 years and have worked for only 3 companies in my Life. I have worked for large corporations, small companies, and then Pro-Vision Video Systems. The Opportunity to work for a company like Pro-Vision doesn't come around very often in ones lifetime. If you are willing to work hard, bring a positive attitude and have an unmatched work ethic you might have just found your last job. I know I did!!!

Cons

The commute is quite long. I drive over an hour to get to the office, however once here it is well worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. The future is bright. This management team is the perfect combination of experience and youth.

"Are you up to the challenge?"

Current Employee - Materials Management Employee in Byron Center, MI
    Current Employee - Materials Management Employee in Byron Center, MI

Pros

I have worked for PRO-VISION for almost five years. Each day has brought a new challenge, but that’s a good thing. If you are person that seeks to always put forth your best, to give maximum effort, then PRO-VISION is the perfect place to work. Don’t get me wrong, the expectations for all employees are extremely high. You need to be at the top of your game every day. This is something that motivates me, and motivates those at PRO-VISION to be successful. The career opportunities are unparalleled. This is a place where you can truly make a real impact. For those that put forth the effort the rewards are endless. Are you up to the challenge?

Cons

Not much negative to say. You have to be accepting of change. PRO-VISION is always adapting to improve. That can be difficult for some.

Advice to Management

The company is headed in the right direction. Keep giving employees the tools they need to succeed, and keep pushing us to improve.

"Opportunity is knocking!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Byron Center, MI

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1 - HUGE opportunity. If you put in the work, you will be rewarded.
    2 - GREAT products. And they keep getting better.
    3 - AWESOME team. A wonderful group of people to work with.

Cons

CAUTION - High expectations
    BEWARE - Hard work
    If you can't handle high expectations or hard work, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"lies lies"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the positive written things on this are from management. No pros to this business!

Cons

Way too much nice managing. They have had so many sales reps leave this company. They do not pay you well enough and they take money away from you if you use their credit card. You as a Regional sales rep pay for everything out of your own pocket when it's all said and done. Companies that do well do not conduct business like that! Stay away from this place! You would better off!

Advice to Management

Clean up your act and be truthful to your future employees. Then maybe then you will get all the positive reviews you seek on this site.

"Marketing 101 To The Nth Degree!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Byron Center, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Byron Center, MI

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everything you learned in college is put IN ACTION at this stellar sales organization internally designed to bring the best products to market. Not many companies will truly assist the sales staff by presenting the precise formula to be successful. A lot of investment in marketing and research and competitive analysis as well as technical support make it easy to sell these great products. Perfect career for recent graduate or self driven seasoned sales person that can follow the plan. Outside sales and management team are pampered with a new company car, laptop, unlimited IT support, cell phone, and all the tools needed to make it happen. Some folks on the outside have honestly said, "It is a privilege to work for Pro-Vision so don't blow it!" GREAT group of people to work with each day!

Cons

Because of the fast growth of this company working spaces have been trimmed down a bit over the years at the corporate office so we will be in need of a larger facility sooner than later.

Advice to Management

Keep looking to the future and planning as you have because we are only as good as the lead dog!

"Welcome to the Truman Show!!"

I worked at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time

Pros

It could be a good company, but this is a shady company and nothing is as they portray it to be. The company does underhanded things so they don't trust anyone else, so they monitor everything the employees do.

Cons

First of all any good reviews on here are done my the company management. They are more worried about their Glassdoor rating then they are their employees. You can not make the money they promise you. They lie about everything. The turn over of employees is unbelievable which should tell you something about the company. DO NOT APPLY AT THIS COMPANY!!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to everyone and treat your employees better if you want them to stick around.

"Regional Manager"

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Byron Center, MI
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Byron Center, MI

I worked at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its a job with a company car.

Cons

Pay sucks, they make you pay for gas, when you travel you pay your own hotel and food. Only the transit-bus group are making money. Average rep is there less than 6 months. Revolving door.

Advice to Management

Go to a base pay plus bonus pay structure.