ProBuild Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ProBuild

ProBuild

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ProBuild

Interview

It was an average interview and they made me an offer. What happened after the offer is what was negative. They have a blanket exclusion if anything is found in your background check. They don't give you the chance to explain and/or dispute the accuracy of the background check. They immediately revoke their offer before you have the chance to dispute their findings.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my skills and experience.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Denver, CO)

Interview

Internal HR recruiter managed entire process: phone screen with HR, then interview in person with a panel of engineers asking mostly technical and process related questions. Above was followed by one on one interview with a manager - mostly personality fit discussion and later with VP, who was mostly concerned with situational communication.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ProBuild (Denver, CO) in Oct 2015

Interview

Initial interview was conducted with the team manager, the supervisor of the team the service request team works closely with (and transfers between the teams are not uncommon), the department manager, and a member of the team I was being interviewed for. Unusual to me is that the contract manager for the agency that employed me was also present for the interview. The interviewers took turns asking fairly standard questions about how I would handle angry users, what is the follow up process when reaching out to customers, etc.

Interview Questions
  • You come in one morning to find 5 permission changes, 10 terminations, and 20 new hires in the ticket queue - barring special instructions, what order do you handle them in?

ProBuild

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ProBuild

Interview

Applied for a laborer position and was called to set up an interview one week later. When I got there I met with the operations manager. He said the interview was for an assembler position, not laborer. Not sure why they had the laborer position posted online in that case, but I said I wasn't interested.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ProBuild (Houston, TX) in May 2015

Interview

Met with recruiter, she asked about my life, some scenarios, a bit about experience not much though. Then I met with the manager and she asked me more scenarios, told me about the position, and a bit more about myself. My interview was at 9 am and I got a call back at around 12pm and accepted the offer. I loved that it was ran by young minority women. I am one myself. I was email and acceptance letter. My tentative start date will be soon just have to do a drug test and background screening.

Interview Questions
  • When have you had to deal with a difficult customer?

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Arlington, WA) in Apr 2015

Interview

After applying online there were two interviews. The first interview I had with 3 interviewers and the second interview with 2 interviewers (different than 1st interview). The interviews were about a week apart.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Midvale, UT) in Apr 2015

Interview

I met with the regional manager and 2 division managers. They explained the scope of work and what would be required of me and they what they were looking for in an employee. Told me about the company and their back ground. they asked me some questions to find out a little more about me other than what was on the resume.

Interview Questions
  • How I was able to get 150 new accounts in a year?

ProBuild

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ProBuild

Interview

Met with Controller and Manager of Accounting for a few hours. Both were individual. They asked background information and asked questions related to how you acted in certain circumstances. Wanted to know a lot about the person to make sure they fit in.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ProBuild

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at ProBuild

Interview

Streamlined and easy. Met with management and signed a contract the same day. Afterwards trying to be implemented in the system was somewhat atrocious. Eventually everything smoothed out and any issues usually revolve around dysfunctional management.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Denver, CO) in Dec 2014

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. Applied online and received a phone call from the Recruiter the next day. Had a quick phone interview with the Recruiter and the next week a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Made it to the on-site interview 2.5 weeks later. Interview was 3 hours long. 1:1 interviews with Hiring Manager, another Manager and VP of the Dept. Pretty casual/conversational interviews until the final interview. They were very intimidating, asked questions I felt were irrelevant and that set me up for failure. Asked me a "case question" (never had one of these before). Case was that I created a bulb to go in a lamp that was brighter and lasted longer than ones on the market. I was in Canada. What was my revenue going to be the first year. This is literally the only info he gave me. Had no clue where to go with this and he did reiterate he wanted a number. Then asked me to tell them a joke. Then at the end of the interview handed me a laptop with a large data set. Said I had 5 minutes to try to answer 3 questions about the data set and proceeded to watch me over my shoulder. There was no way to complete the analysis in 5 minutes let alone with someone hovering over you watching. Overall it was a horrible experience. Never felt so small in an interview before until this one.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a joke. What is your ice breaker?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews