Productive Edge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Productive Edge (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews with a wide variety of staff. Found it interesting, but there was one manager (not a direct report) who seemed to carry a lot of weight but had no idea what the job consisted of. That part of interview was a waste of time. Also interviewed by co-workers who would be on my team, which seemed odd at first, but I suppose it was good since they would be the ones I worked most closely with.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember them all, but they upper-level manager was concerned about my ability to service clients. Something along the lines of Our clients expect a lot, are you willing to do whatever it takes to serve them?   1 Answer

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Productive Edge (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Rushed and hurried because they needed to sign a contract or statement of work (SOW) with an the name of an employee in the architect's role on it. Rushed through the interview process - two phone calls then an offer, no in-person meetings. Rushed to start, despite lack of client readiness. Spoke with both partners by phone, over the course of two days. Received an offer a day later.

Interview Questions

• What sort of technologies are you working with?   Answer Question
    • Can you handle working on less interesting projects as well as bigger/more interesting projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate, offer was competitive with local market without a counter, probably because they recognize what a mess the organization is in.

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Productive Edge (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

1st round of technical, 2nd HR and 3rd was HR and technical combined. 1st round was on day 1 and 2nd round was in next day along with 3rd round. Rejected for not asking enough questions to them. Otherwise technical questions were based on fundamentals.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Productive Edge (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I met with every Director from all departments and met Team Leads from departments that I would be working closely with. I also met with both partners of the company. The meetings were informal but professional and everyone was incredibly friendly and seemingly honest and open when answering my questions. The office layout was very open and laid back and the interviewing Manager was thoughtful and prepared.

Interview Questions

• 1. I was asked about my experience with Project Management methodologies (agile, waterfall, etc.).
      2. I was asked about my knowledge and exposure in the healthcare field
      3. I was asked about my exposure in leading teams which includes BA's, Developers and QA   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not required. Productive Edge proposed the salary I asked for and also included company-wide bonus potential. All other basics were included (health insurance, dental, etc.).

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Productive Edge (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Had phone screen with a developer. Phone screen is basically to see how much you have memorized, now how you approach a problem, algorithm, or any design skills, for that matter. It seems there isn't a culture of learning here, but a sweatshop.

Interview Questions

Productive Edge Response

Sep 26, 2018 – Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interviewing experience with PE. As an emerging technology solution partner. Our collaborative teams operate under a continuous learning... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Productive Edge (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me minutes after I applied. He scheduled a phone screen with one of their architects. I was invited onsite and spoke with architects, tech leads, and product managers. It consisted of some questions about Spring, a system design question, and a deep dive on my experience. There was also cultural fit questions. Experience was odd because the recruiter talked about how the location was bad repeatedly.

Interview Questions

• Design a system that calls different APIs many times   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Productive Edge (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process included multiple meetings with most of the leadership team and partners. Questions covered broad range of topics, skills, and responsibilities. Each interviewer had different approach, style, and goals. Heavy emphasis on cultural fit - all were looking for people who could collaborate and mesh with team. Overall process moved very quickly.

Interview Questions

• How do you balance multiple strategic and project initiatives against management expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was exactly in line with expectations for role. No further negotiations necessary.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Productive Edge (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Adjunct- Met with partners over the course of a few weeks, met a few of my peers, did some technical stuff- pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• Self motivation and self management questions- mostly subjective so I didn't know exactly how to answer it the "right" way   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy- did it through a recruiter.

Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Productive Edge (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

A phone, 2 in person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I used a recruiter

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Productive Edge.

Interview

Very rigorous for a smaller shop, you can tell the owners are particular about who they hire.

Went through 6 interviews, 2 phone and 4 in person

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask many unexpected questions that I've seen at places like Google and other consulting firms. Things were very straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had a recruiter handle all negotiations for me