Progress Energy Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progress Energy Florida Interview Questions

2.8

Customer Service II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Energy Florida (Clearwater, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

One week after I applied online and was referred by my brother-in-law who works there, I was given an interview call. They asked me why I wanted to leave my job, why I wanted to work for Progress Energy, and if I've worked in a call center before. The interviewer was very easy to talk to and get along with, and she offered me an opportunity to take an aptitude test. The test, I will say, is quite difficult. It's two-and-a-half hours long and you have to type at least 35 words per minute or it won't let you get past the first stage of the test. There is a 10 minute break in between. I did not take it because I just wanted to get it over with. It tests your ability to listen to customers with different accents and information that jumps all over the screen and they are testing your accuracy as well on that. It also tests your math-really tests your math, so brush up on that!
    Depending on if you pass the test or not, you will or will not get a second interview. The 2nd interview is in front of 3 middle-aged ladies, very very sweet people may I add. They ask you all sorts of questions. One you will really need to take a breath, pause, and answer. Do not answer the first thing that comes to your mind. Make sure it is a good example that they're looking for. They asked me questions such as "We're going to do a bit of a role play here. I am a customer, my electricity has been turned off and I have two kids but cannot pay anything until Friday and today is Monday. I have been a faithful customer for 5 years, I have perfect credit, and I've always paid my bills on time every month. It is your choice now whether or not to turn my power on, what would you do?"
    After the 2nd interview, they contacted me a week later by email telling me I've been offered the position and I need to complete a drug screening within 3 business days of accepting the offer. Also, a backround check needs to be completed within 3 business days as well.
    After the drug screening is complete and negative and the backround check is done, you train for 10 weeks I believe paid.

Interview Questions

• Two questions that took me by surprise, very tricky: "Name a rule or policy that you didn't agree with at your job that you had to enforce anyway. What was the policy and why didn't you agree with it?"   1 Answer
    • "Name a time that you did not handle a customer in the right way. What happened and how would you do things differently?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. 14.50 an hr!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal River, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progress Energy Florida (Crystal River, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a coworker and my interview was conducted over the phone. The supervisor made me feel very comfortable. He asked me several questions including why I thought I was qualified, why was I interested in this field, why he should hire me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked over the phone if I do drugs. It isn't a difficult question but I didn't think they would ask via phone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Implementation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progress Energy Florida (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring was coordinated through a recruiter and I was hired without much deliberation. It was done by phone with my immediate supervisor and his manager directed very technical questions in the attempt to understand my proficiency in telecommunications specific to the project. The people at Progress are very talented and professional and have an intuitive nature that allows them to recognize both direct and indirect capacity in coworkers. There is a tremendous team ethic and adherence to positive work environment policies. As compared to other interviews I found the two people at Progress Energy to have a greater ability to judge my abilities than anyone in my career.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a problem you were expected to solve on the job and its outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple and easy

Generation Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartow, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Progress Energy Florida (Bartow, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

Step one : Self assessment test.
    Step two: Phone interview. (One on one)
    Step three: Testing
    Step four: Group / panel interviews. (Skills and personality)
    Step five: offer.

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Energy Florida (Lake Mary, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

Started with a phone interview of which we basically discussed my resume. I was then scheduled for 2 follow up interviews that consisted of a panel style interview with the call center managers.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Progress Energy Florida in January 2009.

Interview

the process was very easy and just do a resume to apply, two person interview.