Prologis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Prologis

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prologis.

Interview

Several phone interviews in rapid succession within 2 weeks all the way up to senior leadership starting with the recruiter. At the senior level 2 interviews were missed and they never showed up had to be rescheduled.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prologis.

Interview

Initially the hiring manager contacted me to schedule a phone interview. After a week of scheduling, I talk with the hiring manager for around twenty minutes talking about the position and the company. During the face-to-face interview a week later, I met with 3 members of the team for around 20 minutes each. They talked about the position and the skills required for the role. They thought I may not have the experience or skills for the position, so I won't be that optimistic.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prologis in April 2018.

Interview

Lots of steps in the process, but everything moved very quickly. I applied for the position online Tuesday evening, and the recruiter reached out to me Wednesday morning. I completed my 30-minute phone screen with the recruiter that same afternoon, and she emailed me a skills test afterwards. I submitted my skills test 2 days later (Friday) and was scheduled for an in-person interview with the hiring manager for the following Monday. The interview lasted about 1 hour, and was mostly behavioral questions and questions about my past work experience. A few hours after my interview, the recruiter called to schedule a Wednesday phone interview with one of the VPs. The phone interview lasted about 1 hour, and included more behavioral questions. The next morning, the recruiter called me again to schedule the final interview for the following Monday. This was a 1.5 hour panel interview with the hiring manager, the VP I spoke to in the phone interview and another senior VP. This interview was mostly geared toward culture and seeing if I would be a good fit with the company. The next day I received a call from the hiring manager with a job offer! After accepting, I was scheduled for a background screen and drug test. The recruiter I worked with was very prompt in answering any questions I had and kept me updated throughout the process.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prologis (Denver, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

After a phone interview with the hiring manager, I was brought in for a series of interviews, speaking with five people serially over a period of three hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with the development team to be sure that your own team was notified of upcoming software updates?   Answer Question

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prologis.

Interview

Applied at website and had a 30 minute interview with the most arrogant, socially unskilled, and nasty person in my career, to put it politely. Half way through the interview, I realized working for, or, with this person would be a horrific experience. And, the individual had a complete disdain for the military.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a server which appeared connected to the network, but couldn't ping all servers?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a failing PKI certificate on 100 servers, without having a CA server?   1 Answer

Aug 12, 2016 – Prologis Human Resources Department

We are saddened to hear that you had an unpleasant experience. Prologis’ policy is to treat all potential and current employees with the utmost respect and dignity, and our team members come from... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prologis.

Interview

I don't usually post reviews for such things, but the way this one ended had me particularly upset, so I wanted to share.

I'll start by saying that I really genuinely wanted this job, and to be a part of this company, so perhaps that made things a little harder on me.

I had 3 phone interviews. A quick screen, a talk with the hiring manager and a talk with a contractor. In that order.

The phone screen was simple enough, pretty standard.

The hiring manager and I had a good conversation, too. On paper, I was a great fit for this job, and hearing more specifically what they were looking for, I felt an even bigger fit. She seemed to think so, too, and before the end of the call said that she'd like to set me up with talking to the next person.

I was then called to set up that appointment, at which point I asked what the process was and how many rounds of interviews there were to be. I was told that she thought she knew the process, but that it kept changing, so she didn't really know the process anymore. Fair enough, but not overly enlightening when trying to prepare.

After waiting almost two weeks, I spoke with the next person. The conversation was fine. Again, my affection for the company in general aside, the match seemed great -- they wanted someone with a good writing background, motivated to get stuff done and, presumably, someone who had an affinity and understanding of what it takes to be successful in a company with a global presence. Check, check and check.

The call went 15 minutes long and I was told that "I don't know what the next steps are, but you'll here from us soon." Which also implies that there would be next steps at all.

After a day and a half, I simply received a phone message, telling me that it wasn't happening and that there would be no further steps. This definitely came as a surprise and a bit of a gut punch. In the phone message, she stated that they "have a candidate with skillsets that are a better match for our current needs." And nothing more. While, on a personal level, that makes me curious as I truly do line up well and had been given no inclination that I was lacking in any one area from my interviews, I replied, via email and asked if they could please give me specifics as to why I was not selected, and what areas I could work on/address in the future in order to better suit their needs.

The reply I received to that specific question, to which I truly hoped for constructive criticism and help in seeing where there was a perceived mismatch was: "We have a candidate with skillsets that are a better match for our current needs.

Thanks."

That's when I resolved to write this, but that response was particularly frustrating and upsetting. I hope, if nothing else, that this serves as guidance to them for understanding that people want the help and information in these cases, and simply dismissing them with a blanket statement (especially when they really, truly want to find out so that they can be a part of your company in the future), is not okay.

For those wondering, I did respond to that email with another, very specific email saying:
    "As I genuinely hope to improve upon any areas of question/concern to the Prologis team, if anything more specific comes to light, I would love to hear it and use it as a tool for improvement and growth. Perhaps it may also prove to make me a more preferred fit in the future."

It was not acknowledged, and today I received another templated email stating that "they regret to inform me that I was not selected..."

Interview Questions

• What, specifically, about the job description and company attracted you to this position.   1 Answer

Jul 18, 2017 – HR, Talent Acquisition Specialist

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prologis (Denver, CO) in January 2009.

Interview

Depending on what dept HR will make the initial contact. If you pass they will move you on to interview with the dept manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They meet industry standards

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prologis (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Worked with an agency who presented me with the job opportunity. Once I was submitted I chatted with the HR department in house who then scheduled an in person interview about a week after our initial call. At the in person interview, I met with the supervisors who I would be working with. They each explained their role in the firm, and what they needed me to do for the team. Came in for a second in person interview to meet with another member who was traveling. Offered me the job and then I accepted. Had to send in paperwork, and take drug test.

Interview Questions

• Questions involved : Tell me about a time you had to overcome an obstacle in the workplace, Give me examples of how you stay organized.. etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prologis (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and spoke with a recruiter. Invited to meet two individuals at SF office. When I arrived was told one of the individuals would be via WebEx. Was lead to a hallway, given a laptop and told to conduct the WebEx sitting in a chair next to the Men's restroom. Very bizarre! No privacy. Men are walking in/out of the restroom. Toilets flushing. People were coming in and out of the hallway to exit into the street. Surreal experience. I suppose this is how they value their candidates. The second person interviewed me in the same location for 10min and was told to leave.
    Drove a long distance into SF, fought epic traffic, paid for parking to interview via WebEx.

Why they didn't have me do this at home is beyond me. Worse candidate experience ever.

Mar 20, 2018 – HR, Talent Acquisition Specialist

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prologis (Reno, NV).

Interview

Submitted a resume, received a call, interviewed with 3 people at once

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prologis (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

After applying for the position online, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter within a day; after our call, the recruiter scheduled an interview for the following week and I received a follow up e-mail about 9 days after my one on one interview stating they had hired someone else. The overall process was very pleasant and I hope to have the opportunity to work for this company in the future.