Prologis Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Prologis Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer Hamid R. Moghadam
Hamid R. Moghadam

Pros
  • The work environment is the best I have experienced by far (in 4 reviews)

• Excellent Company - Striving for well thought out change (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is challenging to manage; could be more open to flexible work hours (it is done but not really tolerated internally) (in 3 reviews)

• Bad behavior by middle management is tolerated and even implicitly rewarded (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good Onboarding, Management"

Pros

solid training, employees stay for many years

Cons

low salary, could have better communication about duties between PM and PAs

2. "Manager"

Pros

Best in business. The future is bright for Prologis as a result of the re-structuring post merger and the industrial market outlook.

Cons

Given the size of the company, decisions can take some "time."

"Director (User Experience)"

Pros

The smartest people are hired (but due to the company structure, much of the labor is contracted to consultants.)
    If you're lucky enough to get on a collaborative team, your efforts are magnified - you can do the best work of your career!
    Values are inspiring in theory and this company gives us opportunities to volunteer

Cons

Bad behavior by middle management is tolerated and even implicitly rewarded.
    Culturally damaging - old boy's network, sexist, backbiting and competition are de rigeur, collaboration goes unrewarded.
    Top leadership, with notable exception, are stuck in previous decades' management styles resulting in a lack of risk or innovation
    Hiring consultants (rather than full time workers) makes for incoherence and a lack of continuous improvement. This may give you short-term products and gains but results in long-term problems and net loss.

Advice to Management

Pay attention, stay up-to-date on current management frameworks and change the archaic corporate culture
    Listen to the people actually DOING THE WORK - what hurts? What would help them? What ideas do they have? Who's doing the actual work (not just the 'talking head')?
    Explicitly reward collaboration and appropriate risk
    There are ways to minimize the effects of having consultants do much of your 'individual contributor' work - learn them and implement them now!

Oct 10, 2016 – Prologis Human Resources Department

We applaud your candor about your experience at Prologis. That said, we are disheartened to hear that your experience has been less than optimal. We agree that, to attract and retain the best talent ... More

""Property Accountant""

Pros

Decent corporate culture, with relatively nice people to work with. Pay is average but great benefits and PTO

Cons

Culture changes dramatically department to department. Property accounting especially seemed to have a toxic culture, possibly to an abundance of middle management. Almost no training, if you do ask for help you are treated as a burden. Constantly behind and pressure employees to work with no overtime.

Oct 24, 2016 – Prologis Human Resources Department

We appreciate you taking the time to write. Culture is a high priority at Prologis, and we continue to check in with people across all teams to understand their needs and what can be improved. We ... More

6. "PM"

Pros

Longer term employees with lots of experience.

Cons

Long commute times and driving.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Amazing people in the SF office, most are friendly and willing to go out of their way to help you out. Growing culture of innovation which is wonderful to see. Relatively flexible working hours and comfortable working conditions.

Biggest pro for me is the value management places in every person. The company is run lean, meaning that everyone from the bottom on up is needed and your work is really appreciated. Some bosses are better at showing it than others, but at the end of the day if you are there you are wanted and it shows.

Cons

A bit top heavy, but it is mitigated by the fact that there are relatively few employees in any given department.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the spirit of innovation/appreciation from your younger employees.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Prologis (More than a year)

Pros

great perqs and community service culture

Cons

they give vacation time generously but too much work to be able to use it; easy to burn out
    advancement varies by department and very uneven

Advice to Management

be more consistent in management approach

"Performance expectations for raises and promotions very inconsistent between teams in same dept"

I have been working at Prologis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good PTO
    good social/community responsibility
    upper management personable

Cons

telecommuting less welcomed than at other companies
    getting promoted can be difficult for some, but not so much for others, despite performance and tenure - depends on your team's management

Aug 12, 2016 – Prologis Human Resources Department

We appreciate the time you took to write to us. We understand that flexibility at work is very imporant to some of our employees, and we realize that flexible hours, as well as telecommuting when ... More

10. "Not a culture in which excellence excels. Corporate wears blinders and promotes tenure over accomplishments."

Former Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Prologis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good. The programs offered for Health, Dental, Vision along with Flexible Spending and PTO and Holidays are comparable to competitors.

Cons

Property Managers are accountants and administrators spending more time in front of a computer reporting than they do actually managing the assets.

Advice to Management

Hold your leaders accountable to implement the changes you want to see.

Aug 12, 2016 – Prologis Human Resources Department

Prologis has many employees who find their place at our diverse and dynamic company. We care deeply about creating an atmosphere that promotes innovative ideas and the courage to speak up, and we ... More

11. "Property Management Side"

I have been working at Prologis full-time

Pros

Excellent Company - Striving for well thought out change.

Cons

PM Title Strategy not consistent with transactional, construction, and development group standards. Be aware that longevity, productivity, excellence and value added contribution is more awarded with compensation and trophies than with title recognition.