Promethean World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Promethean World Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

Instructional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Promethean World (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

By phone with three other people on the line. The interview process for this first step lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers were very professional and allowed me to speak. Asked questions directly for the job. Was told I would hear in about a week to learn if I would be forwarded to the next step in the hiring process. They are true to their word. A great company thus far.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle teachers at a workshop who do not want to be there?   1 Answer

Education Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Promethean World in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by email to arrange a phone Interview that lasted 1 hour. Relaxed interview where interviewer was trying to get to know me. It was the first step and gave me a good feeling about the company. Other companies are giving personality tests, skills tests, etc. This interviewer wanted to get to know me, and hear about my skills and experience in my own words. A human experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your experience and please point out anything on your resume that you'd like me to notice.   1 Answer

Class Flow Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Promethean World in August 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview was very relaxed. Interviewer was very nice & polite. We spoke briefly about my past employment and future aspirations. Was told I would hear something of an offer was made or not but never heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?

Are you willing to travel 90%?

What do you know about Promethean & their products?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Promethean World (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview followed by an interview with the recruiter (lasting about 45 mins) and a final round interview with both the head of the department and a member of HR (1 hour in total). They were very flexible with scheduling because my job at the time was not flexible with time off. Everyone was very friendly and they were really looking to get to know you more than just ask standard interview questions.

Associate Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Promethean World (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. It started with a 15 minute phone interview with the in-house recruiter. It was then follow by filling out a personality assessment. I receive a call one week later to come in and interview with the team. I interviewed with four people at one time for roughly 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I believe their roles were three Product Managers and their manager. Each person took time asking very sensible questions and providing more detail on the position. I was very open about where I was in my career and how it matched with their role. I feel the overall interview went very well. I received an email and then a phone call a couple days later, both stating that the recruiter received very good feedback from the interviewers. He then asked a couple questions of which I had entered in my initial application. He was surprised to hear my answer in terms of compensation despite me being upfront about it. He said he would talk with the team and get back to me. I received an email two days later stating the company has decided to go in a different direction with the position.

The company has a very interesting product and the people seemed nice, but it would have been nice to save us both the time by reviewing everything that is submitted initially. Job hunting requires taking days off of work and I would have preferred not to use one, as well as taking up their team's time, to interview for something that was never going to match up.

Interview Questions

• Do I enjoy working with internal teams or external clients better? Why are you leaving your current company?   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Promethean World.

Interview

I had 3 interviews.
    #1) Phone interview with the in-house recruiter.
    #2) In person interview with the same recruiter, and then the person who i'd be working with.
    #3) Interview with the "hiring team" (4 people, was supposed to be 5 but one didn't show).

- The first interview was standard. He asked basic questions about my past experience.
    - The second interview went great... the recruiter was nice, and the person who i'd be working with and I got along wonderfully. She asked all the right questions, and had me walk her through a typical day at my current employment. Asked me why i'd like to work there, etc. I left looking forward to being able to work with her.
    - The third interview went horribly wrong. One of the people I was supposed to meet with didn't show at all. The person from the previous interview was present. One of the other interviewers was patient and helpful, and another was just quiet. However, the 4th interviewer, who did most of the talking, was just plain MEAN. She kept giving me nasty looks, and outwardly expressed her DISBELIEF when I told her that my current boss and I worked together well, trusted each other, and that he mostly let me manage myself. (For the record, I was only leaving because he sold his company.) I could tell that she hadn't even bothered to glance at my resume (even though I handed her a copy when we started). Her nasty attitude, horrible questions, and constant nasty looks kept making me stumble on my words... she should NOT be allowed to interview anyone.

After my 3rd interview they left me in the conference room and went outside to talk. I could hear them arguing, and yelling at each other very loudly in the hall just outside. (The nasty lady called the second interviewer stupid.) She told them she would not approve me and to send me home. The helpful one came back in and walked me out.

In the end i'm glad I didn't get an offer... I hate drama, and would not want to work in an environment like that.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your typical day. Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Promethean World (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I learned about the position through a recruiter. The first interview was a 30 minute interview with basically an HR person on their side. It was basically an introductory interview that spoke about the position and the company and asked general questions about my background. It was very pleasant and the position sounded interesting.

From there, a technical phone interview was scheduled with one of the developers from their team. The day of the interview, the developer called me about 45 minutes after the scheduled time and seemed rather irritated that he had to do the interview. The interview itself was basic java questions. Nothing really advanced.

I didn't hear back from the company after the interview but I doubt I would have moved forward in the process as the technical interview soured me a bit on working there.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard Java questions related to Design Patterns, Threading, and Hibernate.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Promethean World.

Interview

Got contacted by a hiring company and they scheduled a phone interview with a developer from the company. I got a phone call couple days after and the interview was very technical asking about my previous work mainly hibernate and spring questions. No behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly java spring and hibernate questions as they were looking back end developer   Answer Question

Junior QA Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Promethean World (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

They had a couple interviews with me via phone Skype and an in person interview. The main interview was with several people from development and QA. They asked some technical questions however they mostly asked scenario based questions and questions related to my resume. They were a fun and easy going group to talk to that made the interview feel more like a conversation than a typical interview.

Administrative Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Promethean World (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with the person I would be supporting. Walked through resume' - typical questions - and he seemed to ask questions to get to know you and find out about your skills in a round-about way (open conversation). I did not get this position, but a few weeks later I got an opportunity to interview for another position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The company has totally changed for the worse since -- check out Glassdoor reviews for the last year.   Answer Question