Prometheus Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prometheus Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Prometheus Group

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prometheus Group.

Interview

Good people, friendly, start-up type culture. Had a few stages to the process, initial stage was over-the-phone which felt pretty informal over experience and skills, etc. Then was a meet and greet type event, about testing how you'd fit into the company and finding a team/role you'd pair well with along with other candidates. A technical interview after that with the tech lead and/or team lead you'd be paired with answering questions on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between polymorphism and inheritance.   Answer Question
    • Using a programming language of your choice, write a function to reverse the order of terms in an array.   Answer Question

Vice President of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prometheus Group (Raleigh, NC) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Got rejection email. No problem! But afterwards, not once but *twice*, they reached out to me asking for an HR phone screen. In both cases, the phone interviews went well and they said they'd follow up with the hiring manager. And in both cases they then ghosted me! After a sufficient period of time, I followed up with them both times with a very short and polite e-mail asking if they were still interested, but received no response. A simple form e-mail saying, "Thanks, but we've decided to go another way with this position" would have sufficed. I guess one rejection-by-ghosting isn't enough. ;-)

Overall impression is not obviously not positive. They are oddly underdeveloped in marketing, and apparently HR, for a company at their stage of maturity.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about ability to stand up a department and processes mostly from scratch. Questions were fair and appropriate.   Answer Question

Prometheus Group Response

Dec 5, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your negative experience with us. We do work at a fast pace and seems we had a communication mishap, this has been addressed... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prometheus Group (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within 2 weeks i received an email saying they wanted to schedule me for a phone interview. After that it took another 2 weeks and they asked me to come in for an on-site interview. There i spoke with 2 account executives together and finished up with the head account manager to finish. She was awesome. Then again about 2 weeks i was asked to come in for a shadow interview where i followed the same position i was going to do for about an hour. It was nice to see exactly what i would be doing before accepting.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prometheus Group.

Interview

Process took about two-three weeks to complete. Calls were generally made in the afternoon unless scheduled. I wouldn't rely too heavily on their online application system. Suggest stopping by the office with resume. Very non-intimidating group of people. Interview questions came from my background and not read off a script. There weren't too many typical interview questions; it was all generally taikored to my experience/resume. Interviews were one on one and never infront of a group panel.

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prometheus Group (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I had the opportunity to speak with 3 people: the VP of the team, the person who would manage me, and a member of the team. Each interview was one on one. It was very conversational, I don't feel like they asked many specific questions, but it was much more of a conversation than an interrogation. I was also provided a tour of the office and offered a snack and beverage.

The interview seemed to be much more about a cultural fit than a technical interview. I am not sure if that is how every interview is at the company, but may be more reflective of the people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Q: How did your past experience train you to interact with customers who may be unhappy?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prometheus Group (Raleigh, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

It was mostly casual. They asked technical or customer experience questions. The in-person interview included whiteboard questions. However, the interviewers laughed at me when I told them that one of my goals is going to grad school.

Interview Questions

Prometheus Group Response

Feb 27, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for considering Prometheus Group as a place to work! We appreciate your feedback as the interview experience is important to us. We will work with the hiring managers to address this... More

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Prometheus Group.

Interview

Applied for this position, but was directed to a different one because the position was filled. After interviewing for the new position for a few weeks, I found out they went with someone else, but a BDR position had opened and wanted to me interview for that. I received good feedback from those who I interviewed with and felt that I would be well fit for this position. I went back to the office and interviewed, to find out a few days later that I again did not receive the job. So I was strung along for weeks to find out neither of the jobs I applied for I would get an offer from, even after getting strong feedback telling me I would be a good fit at the company. All complaints aside, the company has a cool culture, and unique family atmosphere .

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prometheus Group (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The company's growth and culture drew me in. I had a 30-40 phone interview followed by an in-person interview the following week. The recruiter was very professional and knowledgable, had me pumped for the role! The hiring manager was very energetic and passionate about the company. I am excited to be a part of the growth. Work ethic seems key to your success which is why the company has experienced so much rapid growth.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you are interested in working for Prometheus Group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prometheus Group (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

I talked to three different people including the top two BDR's and the BDR Manager at the time. I told theym about my life and past experience and they informed me of what the job entails.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experience.   1 Answer

Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prometheus Group in June 2010.

Interview

I was asked very weird questions about my personal life, what I liked to do outside of work, what I wore to go out, etc. very few questions about the actual job. A lot lf questions about if I liked the CEO, if I wanted to be friends with him, etc

Interview Questions

• What would keep you from giving this company 150% of your time and energy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none--I asked for more and they said take it or leave it.