Promontory Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Promontory Financial Group

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Promontory Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I had three 30 minute interviews at the office with several directors at the firm. It was all standard behavioral and fit questions - the only "technical" question was an attempt to gauge my understanding of how banks work. The interviews were very interactive and they encouraged question and loved the fact that I did my homework. The three interviews were followed by a 45 writing sample where they told me to summarize a Wall Street Journal article in 1/2 a page.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of banks and how they operate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Promontory Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

First round was a behavioral interview. Second round consisted of two interviews, one senior principal and an associate. HR is extremely unorganized. Don't be surprised if it takes forever to hear back on when next round will be.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Promontory Financial Group.

Interview

1st round with HR specialist (30 min phone) - waited 2-3 weeks to schedule 2nd round

2nd round with director (30 min Skype)
    2nd round with principal (30 min phone)
    Both director & principal were very nice and approachable. Primarily behavioral + Why Promontory questions. Mostly me asking questions about Promontory.

Writing test - basically gives you Wall Street Journal article + asks you to summarize in 1/2 page

Interview Questions

• Why Promontory, and which department are you interested in   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Current regulatory issue that interests you + How that relates to Promontory/financial institutions   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Promontory Financial Group in November 2016.

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR. The second and final round included a phone interview with a Managing Director and a Skype interview with a Senior VP. Also, had a writing sample test. It was rather easy, given an article and 45 minutes to read and summarize it in a half of a page.

Interview Questions

• What's something that's not on your resume that you want us to know about?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Promontory Financial Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of banks and how they operate?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Promontory Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially recruited through on campus interviews at my school, had two interviewers. Called back for on-site interview. 3 separate one-on-one interviews. Took several months for the actual offer to come.

Interview Questions

• At what government agency would you like to work one day?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Very nice. I interviewed with 3 MD individually, 30min for each, they are all very nice and helpful. Two of them are mostly about resume and experience, and general behavioral questions. The last one is more difficult and it is about the capital markets and regulation. It also touched upon the current oil markets and other critical issues like this. Overall, the interview is not so hard if you prepared well in advance.
    The working environment and the culture seems very nice, people working there are very friendly and cheerful.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Promontory Financial Group in November 2015.

Interview

Really bad... the responsibility was so broad, but interview went without any real detail. Just be aware that you are dealing with the low paid human resource officers who know little about the job. I definitely qualified for the jobs as I got some similar offers. I got rejection letter after one day!

Interview Questions

• what you like and dislike generally?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Promontory Financial Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of me speaking with 2 different employees of Promontory. Overall the process was fairly easy. They asked me a few generic questions and they turned the questions of to me. With each employee we spoke for about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• How are my skills in PowerPoint? What type of writing and presentation projects have I done in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Promontory Financial Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Didn't hear for a couple of weeks. The interview is process was pretty simple. I had a phone interview and then had an interview in the office with an analyst, principal, and MD. Good experience overall.