Propel Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Propel Marketing

2.5

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Propel Marketing (Quincy, MA).

Interview

To the point and very informative. Very welcoming managers that take the time out of a very busy day to really be thorough about what the job entails. Received my offer within 2 weeks of the in-person interview. HR was very informative of what steps were next. I highly recommend reaching out to managers about which times are going to work and that will determine a lot of which team you will be working on.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in digital marketing?

What is your approach to ensuring client satisfaction?   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Propel Marketing (Quincy, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Great people and were good with communication throughout the whole process. Preached a younger demographic and that there would be upward mobility. Cool office and very cool people working there, everyone helped one another out and seemed to care for the other employees around them.

Interview Questions

• How can you deal with adversity?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Propel Marketing (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Granted, I had my interview before there was a formal HR dept. or recruiter, but I found the interview process super easy. I met with the person who would become my manager. After a phone call and in-person interview I was offered the role

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain organization in a role that is constantly changing?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Propel Marketing (Cambridge, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

This is actually about ThriveHive which is now owned by Propel Marketing but does not have their own glassdoor page.

I first did a phone screen with someone from the company, and then they decided to bring me in. I didn't realize it was going to be a full-length interview because they just asked me to come meet with them, so I wasn't really prepared but that didn't end up being an issue.

I talked to a senior backend developer, a product manager, and another person who I think was a co-founder of thrive hive for about 45 minutes each. The developer and pm asked me some technical questions.

After the interview, I was asked to do a coding exercise over a screen sharing call with one of their developers. They asked me to create the ubiquitous todo list app using knockout.js (which I had not used before, although I have experience with similar frameworks). I was given about 3 hours to complete this task and the person I was on call with was there to bounce ideas off of and provide a few helpful nudges. It was low pressure and I was free to look at online documentation.

Interview Questions

• - Fizzbuzz was the only coding question (seriously)   Answer Question
    • - I was asked a few javascript questions such as "what is the difference between == and ===" and "What does $(function(){ }) do?"   Answer Question
    • - I had to create a todo list app in knockout.js with the freedom to use online reference material and ask questions   Answer Question

Propel Marketing Response

Aug 1, 2016 – Propel Marketing Person

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled to be working with ThriveHive and will continue working to improve our interview process.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Propel Marketing (Quincy, MA).

Interview

I met with three different people from the company. It didn't seem planned though, and the second person I met had no idea why they were meeting with me, or anything about my background. They were very friendly though. "Beer Friday's" was stressed during the interview process which I found kind of unprofessional. Also they kept saying how they were a "younger demographic" however I saw a lot of middle aged people throughout the office.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with confronting people about work issues?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Propel Marketing (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Answered questions on the phone with a recruiter, then with a manager. Flew to Boston. Met three managers. Answered all the standard answers to their canned questions. I should have taken that as warning.

Interview Questions

• Cheesy stuff they looked up online.   1 Answer

Search Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Propel Marketing (Quincy, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

When I was volunteering for a cause south of town I took a little break and couldn’t help but spot this glass building across the river. A friend of mine told me about the company that occupied the building. So I checked it out and applied online.

After one week I get an email and then a phone interview a few days later. Unfortunately that’s where things went wrong. Upon answering their call I immediately hear a loud static noise from the other side. It clears up after a few seconds but that was only the beginning of my problems. The reception was so bad it was like listening to someone through a foot of solid concrete. And no, it’s not my phone because it’s only three months old. It’s still brand new.

So I’m talking to the first guy with my ear pressed tightly against my phone and covering the other. Suddenly a second person walks in and interrupts my conversation with the first guy. Right off the bat he starts asking me questions. Okay, so I answer. But he cuts me off before I can even finish! This combined with my inability to hear anything has me highly aggravated. I finally ask if they’re able to switch to another machine for which to use because this one might be malfunctioning. Instead the second guy gives me a rude laugh and then the room falls silent. VERY AWKWARD!

Finally, the first guy says they can’t replace it now because it’ll take time. After the phone call I got an invite for an in-person interview. But I figured, you know, I’m getting other better offers and they’re much more polite and considerate. So thanks, but no thanks. This was the most frustrating interview I ever had.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Propel Marketing (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

They called me for a phone screen and it well. However, they said they would notify me in a week, but they have not replied back. It has been two weeks, and they have not said anything. It felt very unprofessional and disrespectful.

Interview Questions

Propel Marketing Response

Nov 9, 2016 – Propel Marketing Person

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback with us. We are sorry that your experience with Propel Marketing was less than ideal.

We value and consider all feedback we receive and will... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Propel Marketing (Quincy, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied to a position via an employee referral and received an email from the manager of the open position, not an HR employee, a few days later to schedule a phone interview. I emailed back with my availability and had to email a second time days later because I never heard back. I then got an apology and a confirmation for the phone interview. I thought the phone interview went well and was told I would "definitely hear back by the end of next week". It has now been two weeks and two follow up emails later. Still no response. I really liked the job description, the sound of the company, and the location. However, I don't want to report to someone who can't seem to be bothered with answering an email.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Propel Marketing (Quincy, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Simple phone interview which then met with a group of folks. A half a day as I met with a full group. Meeting with the different groups allowed me to get a feel for the overall picture.