Proterra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Proterra

2.2

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Proterra (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone interview was about 30 minutes long with Mechanical Engieering manager who worked on the East Coast. I applied for a job on the West Coast. I was told job function would be about 10% product-line support and 90% design. Interviewer was very straightforward. Proterra has a problem where they have too many orders for buses but not enough resources. Job would have been very fast-paced and the company does not have many (or any) standardized processes. Company is growing quickly. Primarily uses Solidworks for CAD. 2 weeks after interview and no offer extended.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with ambiguity?   2 Answers
    • Is your work slow-paced or fast-paced?   2 Answers
    • What CAD packages are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a call back from the recruiter.Had to mail them a lot of times to schedule interviews. Extremely unprofessional and disorganized. They have no clue on how to conduct an interview.

Interview Questions

• What were the challenges you faced on your previous job?   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proterra (Greenville, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Resume shortlisting after two weeks from applying on the website. The next stage was the on-site interview at their headquarters in Greenville. First, they toured their manufacturing plant, and then the concerned team took the interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Proterra (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Started with a phone screen interview with a senior recruiter. The recruiter scheduled an interview with an engineering manager after the phone screen interview.
    The engineering manager asked a lot of questions regarding my past work experience in the resume.