Provident Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.4

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Provident Credit Union (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application through taleo and was sent an email confirmation by Ramirez and Smith requesting that I give them my availability for a phone interview. Later in the week Baldovino conducted my phone interview.

Personal Account Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Provident Credit Union (Redwood Shores, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy going and straight forward. There are no surprise the hiring manger will break down the interview process before you even come in. Overall very mellow interview.

Member Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Provident Credit Union (Redwood City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

J Huang will call you and ask you preliminary questions then she will communicate with the branch manager to set up a time for real interview. She will also be the one to send you your paper work she sets up all hiring. Then went in to interview both the assistant manager and manager were both there but it was mainly the manager who asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Interview was pretty brief asked about my background and selling experience and how I would help them sell better and asked me literally to sell a pen to the manager.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Provident Credit Union.

Interview

I originally came across the job listing on Craigslist. Shortly after applying, I was reached out by someone from HR about setting up an initial phone screening. The manager who interviewed me over the phone walked me through exactly what the position entailed, and what to expect from the job. Not a moment too soon, I was invited to attend an in person interview with the management staff. The interview itself was very casual and relaxing, and I did not feel intimated at all. Everyone seemed really friendly, and I even got the opportunity to speak briefly with the senior VP who in turn gave me an in depth history of the company. Overall, the interview process was great!

Interview Questions

• How would you assist a member in downloading the company's app onto their phone, and how would you walk them through the steps to do so?   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Provident Credit Union (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. About two weeks later I received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was simple asking generic questions. After I was e-mailed a confirmation for a one-on-one interview with a branch manager.
    I showed up about 15 mins early to the in person interview. The branch was so quiet, literally no customers. The person working the 'teller" line said she will interview me as soon as her employee returns from lunch. In the mean time I waited in the lobby and not one customer walked into the branch. Once the employee returned the branch manager conducted my interview.
    I have sat on a few interviews and I must say this one was conducted with the lowest professionalism. The interviewer was holding her folder up so I cannot see the questions she will ask (I cannot read upside down anyways), once lost her guard the folder was laid flat on the desk (note I cannot read something thats laid flat and that far away from me) then once she caught herself she would pick up the folder and hold it right in front of her almost covering her entire face.
    The branch I applied for is not opened on the weekends. The interviewer said the people who work at the other branches get jealous questioning why those employees don't have to work every weekend so that is why about two weekends a month I would be required to work two saturdays a month at other branch. I feel by her stating the other employes "get jealous" was an unprofessional way to describe the reason of working saturdays.
    There was a big window behind me during the interview. While I was answering the questions I saw the interviewers eyes moving (she was communicating to someone outside the room while interviewing me). This happen several times and was a distraction.
    Most of all the thing I was unhappy with was the requirement for a part-time employee to bring in 16 car loans or mortgages and 6 credit cards a month. I though this goal was unrealistic considering there was no foot traffic during my time in the branch.

Interview Questions

i thought the sales expectations was too much.