Psychology Today Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 5 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Psychology Today

Psychology Today

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Psychology Today

Interview

The process started with two video calls with different levels of management. These were fine, both were friendly and my contact was very responsive during the whole process. The first two interviews seemed like a lock, but then the third stage is basically building a full on application... of course you're not being paid for this, and with the risk you won't even get the job. I really wanted the job so I spent my very little free-time (currently full-time employed) building a full-stack application for them to review and assess my level of competence. I turned it in and then came time for the third interview. The third interview was just awful, it was with 3 senior developers, 2 of which appeared to have already made up their mind about me before the interview even started. It was cold and harsh and apparently since I didn't give them the exact answer they were looking for with their confusing and contradictory application design requests (ask for one thing, then ask for another, now both? just kidding!) there were too many "gaps" in my technical knowledge. Huge waste of time and mental stress, which is ironic given its "Psychology Today". Which brings up another good point, this was NOT Psychology Today, that is just the parent company of some shell corp named "Sussex Directories" which is ran out of the Cayman Islands! So if you have any patriotic or ethical inclinations... that may be a bit of a red flag.

Interview Questions
  • How would you convert your application to an event driven system?
    1 Answer
2 people found this interview helpful

Psychology Today

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Psychology Today in Feb 2020

Interview

Applied through indeed. Got a request for a video interview about a week later. Interview was with their VP. It felt kind of awkward but seemed to go ok. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard back.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Psychology Today (New York, NY)

Interview

I applied online and received an email to setup a meeting almost immediately after with a link to Hangouts call. When I joined the call the woman interviewing me seemed nice and welcoming at first. While we were discussing my resume she told me she didn't see much experience on it and I found that she had an outdated resume missing plenty of information. With this news she told me to continue without sending an updated resume. While speaking about my experience she was really rude about my job history in terms of what software I was working on, how long I stayed at companies, and even the websites of some of the companies. The interviewer continuously made jabs at how "I jump ship early" when in reality it was during my time at college and I would find jobs that would work best around my school schedule. The interviewer gave very little information about the technical side of things, had very little knowledge of how to explain the technical stack other than "it gets quite complicated as you dig into it." As we continued talking I brought up that the website seemed kind of dated and she seemed to take that personally. She then proceeded to have me Google the company and see that it returns on the front page of Google. SEO is apparently very important to show off during the interview. At the end of the interview I told her that I was no longer interested in a position at the company due to the interview being extremely unpleasant.

Interview Questions
  • do you know what eventually consistent data design means
2 people found this interview helpful

Psychology Today

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Psychology Today in May 2019

Interview

Pretty quickly after applying online, I received an email to setup a time for an interview. The interview occurred through Google Hangouts within one week. During the interview, I felt very uncomfortable with the personal questions about my family, which has nothing to do with my ability to do the job successfully. Do you ask these questions to the men interviewing for the position? Do you worry about how many kids your male candidates have, and who watches them during the day? It felt very discriminatory toward a working mother. As expected, I have not heard back from them since the interview.

Interview Questions
  • How many children do you have? Will they be home with you while you're working? Do you have childcare in place until 6:00 pm?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Psychology Today (New York, NY) in Feb 2015

Interview

Corporate, a general phone call and in person interview. The interview in person consisted of general questions about core values and professionalism. Hire was approximately one month. The interview also consisted of referencing problem solving at past jobs that related to the current job at hand.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a client who says they are not interested in the product?
Be the first to find this interview helpful